ADVERTISEMENT

Insider HQH Plus 11/30: The latest on Mike Morris

As we're all aware, defensive lineman Mike Morris has been limited as of late after going down with an injury a few weeks ago. I was able to reach and get a feel for how things stand heading into the game against Purdue.

Despite playing a handful of snaps against Ohio State, it's clear that he was limited.

Here's what we're hearing:

- We are told that Morris is dealing with a lower leg issue that has kept him limited in practice and in games.
- This week, we were told that Morris is progressing and 'coming along' in regard to his health.
- Morris was back in practice on Wednesday and was considered pretty close to being a full participant in practice
- Morris is trending to play on Saturday and will likely see reps against the Boilermakers, his overall status will come down to how he feels and how his injury responds.

That's all I have for now.

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; Smith situation & Purdue preview

Breakdown
Smith situation 00:00-14:08
Trevor McCue on Mazi Smith 14:09-27:18
Playoff lines verses potential UM opponents 27:19-36:30
If I would have told you before the season ... 36:31-39:18
Feedback on Smith, reporters & CFB Playoff scenarios 39:19-53:07
Michigan vs Purdue 53:08-102:04
Playing OSU again & Michigan '22 vs '97 102:05-118:32
Bottle up UM halftime adjustments 118:33-129:00
Login to view embedded media

B1G Ticket Instructions Are Now in Your Michigan Athletics App

I never received an email telling me they were there, but I just kept checking my app. Good luck. Moved them to my Apple Wallet as it is the preferred method by the gates.

Edit: Email just arrived.

We hope you are looking forward to the 2022 Big Ten Football Championship Game! You may now access your game tickets:
  • On your mobile phone, visit https://am.ticketmaster.com/bigtenfootball/
  • Sign in using the email address on file with Michigan Athletics (the email receiving this communication). Using a different email other than the one on file with Michigan Athletics will not allow you access to your tickets.
  • If you do not have a Ticketmaster account, you may create a new one using the email address on file with Michigan Athletics.
  • Select MY EVENTS
  • Select your tickets
  • Add each ticket to your Apple Wallet/Google Pay.
Once you have accessed your tickets online, you may transfer them via your Ticketmaster account until the start of the game. Please note that your tickets will not be accessed via the Michigan Athletics app or your Michigan Athletics online account.

For additional stadium information, policies, and prohibited items, please visit the Lucas Oil Stadium website. For more information on the game and activities happening in Indianapolis, visit the Big Ten Football Championship Game website. Thank you and Go Blue!

Some Coaching Thoughts

We've all read about David Shaw throwing in the towel at Stanford. Reportedly he didn't feel he was getting the support in recruiting or with almost the complete absence of an NIL program. Those are correctable issues, but apparently not at Stanford. How about a review of some thoughts.
  • Like Harbaugh, Shaw grew up in a coaching family. His family moved many times, following his father Willie Shaw as he moved around the NFL and college football as an assistant coach.
  • Shaw played high school football at Rochester Adams high school in Rochester, Michigan while his father was a coach with the Detroit Lions. He finished his high school career playing in Union City, California when his father was an assistant at Stanford. Shaw played college football for Stanford as a wide receiver under Dennis Green and then Bill Walsh.
  • Shaw was Jim Harbaugh's passing game coordinator at the University of San Diego and then offensive coordinator under Harbaugh at Stanford.
  • Many give Shaw the credit for creating both the rushing and passing offenses which have become so characteristic of Harbaugh's teams.
  • Shaw also served as an assistant coach in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders and Baltimore Ravens.
  • Shaw is comfortable and experienced working within the environment of a premier academic institution.
  • Shaw has been a winner. His teams have won five Pac12 North Division and three Pac12 conference championships.
  • Shaw's Stanford teams have a five win-three loss record in bowl games, including two Rose Bowl victories.
  • He has been a four-time winner of the Pac12 Coach of the Year award as well as the national Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year.
  • He has coached two Heisman finalists.
  • Shaw runs a clean recruiting operation. He has often been successful in signing highly-rated recruits who thrived in Stanford's challenging academic environment.
  • Shaw has not said that he would never accept another coaching position. Nor has he expressed any interest in being considered for any of the positions currently available.
  • Shaw is 50 years old, Harbaugh is 58.
  • Shaw and Harbaugh are close friends.
Harbaugh's consigliere, Biff Poggi, has just left to accept a head coaching assignment. Two of Harbaugh's coordinators are thought to be candidates for positions as a college head coach or NFL coordinator if not this year, sometime soon. And Harbaugh himself is reaching an age when many coaches, particularly those who have achieved some successes, may begin to consider the next steps in their lives.

Does any of this give anyone some ideas?

Let me take you back in time, to Nov 15th, 2020

Things were at their worst in terms of Jim Harbaugh's tenure at Michigan. We were 2-4, and many (including myself - and boy was I wrong) questioned Jim's ability to get this team to their goals.

Here is 17-18 year old JJ McCarthy on that day:

Login to view embedded media
Man, I freaking love this dude! We're extremely lucky to have him representing the University of Michigan.

It's Good News Wednesday! (11-30-22)

My good news is 12-0, and we beat the stuffings out of OSU. The satisfaction of going into their house and finally getting it done must have been the most incredible feeling in the world for Harbaugh and his team.

Since the blessed event, I have been basking in the glow and watching every podcast.

We're celebrating my stepdad's 88th birthday this Sunday. He's the best guy in the world and has poured into me since I first met him when I was five. I'm looking forward to showing him the love. I hope I'm feeling good after a successful Big Ten Championship win.

I had a great Thanksgiving, and I've stayed on the bicycle ever since, trying to shed the extra calories I digested over the weekend.

I'm looking forward to another game while OSU and MSU sit on their butts. Life is good. What's your good news?

Go Blue!

Insider Another indicator that Mike Morris' injury isn't serious...

The tea leaves we have to read in this industry 😂

Mike Morris is set to appear on the Inside Michigan Football show on Monday evening. Usually, a pretty good indicator that nothing is deemed too serious on his behalf. Doubt Michigan would trot out an injured guy for an interview with Jansen.

Looks to be a bullet dodged.

4 Tickets Available - Seat tbd, but donor level $260 per

Once the athletic department releases tickets tomorrow (from what I have heard), I will have 4 tickets to sell, and their face value is $260 per. I believe that is the highest tier ticket (best available location) provided to donors - but not exactly sure where they will be.

Short of me putting them on Ticketmaster, feel free to contact me with an offer at aweston@columbus.rr.com (no, the columbus does not mean I am a buckeye - we just lived there).

Thank you.

-Art

Update on B1G Championship Game tickets

The Ticket office said that they are now releasing the tickets with the seating assignments via email tomorrow morning or early afternoon. They are not using the Michigan Athletics App. Our email will give you instructions on how to get your tickets through Ticketmaster. Personally, this is a train wreck compared to last year. There is no reason why the tickets shouldn't have been issued by Tuesday at the latest. Good luck all.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT