ADVERTISEMENT

Insider From my strongest source on Blake Corum…

Blake Corum is currently a “wait and see” and there can be no definitive yes or no answer when it comes to returning. This is obviously going to be dependent on rehab and other factors that go into surgery.

With that being said, I was told that IF he were going to return, the national championship game would likely be the return date.

That’s probably all I can possibly wring out of this situation. I’m going to wait and see what happens. Again, a lot of this is dependent on Michigan winning to keep things alive.

Insider Scout team player of the year…

I love stories of players that work behind the scenes to help the program. Scout team in particular.

These guys are so crucial in simulating offenses for the defense so they deserve all the recognition they get.

QB Brandon Mann is currently leading the way and is likely the winner of that award. The staff really likes him and word on the street is that he has some skill to him too.

Just something cool I thought I’d share to break things up.

Insider Some conflicting stuff with Blake Corum… (5:39 p.m. update)

Update 1: I promise I am not trying to make a stir and play with emotions here. But someone I trust continues to say that he is not out for the season.

Again, this very well could not be the case but I said I was going to tell you everything that I am hearing and I am a man of my word. If this ends up blowing up in my face, fine, but I am not going to hold back information.

Update 2 (5:39 p.m.): After doing some more digging, I get the sense that Corum would NOT be available to play in the semis. HOWEVER, if the Wolverines do end up making the national championship, I think the chances we end up seeing Corum after all improve. That is where the root of the 'his season isn't over' talk comes from. It relies heavily on what Michigan does on the field here in the next few weeks.

Corum is a workout warrior and if there's a shred of light to see the field, he's going to take it. He'll do it smartly, of course. That plays in part of what some people are saying, too.

---

I am not trying to discredit anyone and their reporting, it very well could happen. I am just sharing what I keep being told.

We were told about a potential procedure this week and it looks like it’s going to happen.

However, the timeline of it all I haven’t been able to confirm. I still keep being told there’s a chance he could be back for the playoffs. Unless there’s something going outside Michigan circles they’re not aware of.

I’m not discrediting reports, just sharing what I know. I’ll continue to dig.

Bussin' With The Boys

I don't know how many people listen to bussin with the boy's podcast with Taylor Lewan and Will Compton. If you don't you should give it a listen, very good.
Being a Titans and Wolverines fan, I am very big Lewan fan.

But in the first 10 min they talked about Mich & the playoff. Discussed a few min about Herbert and the Strength staff and how this year they retooled everything to be prepared for Georgia if the time comes, so they won't get blown off the field.

And that they personally wish they had some of the training this team had the past offseason. Based on measurements and what they are building towards.

The words don't mean a whole bunch but you have 2 guys with almost 20 years NFL experience so i think they know a little about what they are talking about.

B1G championship game - single lower level ticket FS

We have an extra ticket for Saturday night's B1G championship game in Indianapolis and would like to drop it in the hands of a true blue Michigan fan.

Seat is in sec. 127 row 22. Lower level, right in the Michigan section, in the end zone. Asking $200. Will transfer through Ticketmaster.

Email me at halfdad@hotmail.com and we'll take it from there. Serious inquiries only as the game is right around the corner. Thanks & Go Blue!

Football What we know on Mazi Smith…

So here’s kind of the broad summation of the events that happened with Mazi Smith. The legal system is still working itself out so I don’t want to dive too deep into things but this is what we’ve heard from multiple sources.

- The gun was purchased by Mazi Smith legally
- Smith went through all the necessary steps that go into the purchasing process including fingerprinting and applying for the license itself
- Smith completed all the necessary training in order to get the license
- The sticking point, his application/license was approved days after the traffic stop so the way he was transporting the gun was considered a “concealed weapon.”

As for the program

- Those inside Schembechler expect the charges to be dropped
- I posted this in the other thread but Harbaugh addressed the team when it happened, told them that Mazi had made a mistake and to make better choices. Make sure your Ts are crossed and Is dotted.
- The expected dropped charges (as this thing goes through the legal process) explains any lack of suspension by Michigan to respect his privacy.
- As for Saturday, I can’t speak with any certainties just yet but, opinion here, I find it hard to believe they’ll suspend him just because the news is out there.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT