ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Hoping to speak to Jadyn Davis' father soon...

Kind of get a reset of where things are standing, Kirk Campbell and all of that noise.

We have been exchanging messages and, as I'm sure you can understand, he's a very busy guy. Hoping to nail down something with him soon.

For those asking about Campbell and Davis, this is what I have been working on the last few days. Don't have much of an update yet but hope to in the next few days!

Recruiting 2025 QB Ryan Montgomery has heard from Kirk Campbell, planning visit

2025 QB Ryan Montgomery just told me that is visiting Michigan on March 12th and has spoken with new QB coach Kirk Campbell

"I’ve gotten on the phone with him once very recently and we’ll be in contact at least once a week going forward. He seems like an awesome guy and mentioned that he’s been around QB’s for several years and knows a lot. He also mentioned that he will not just be my coach but a friend if I were to go to UM so that definitely stood out"

Story to come in a bit

Login to view embedded media

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; Basketball outlook & Partridge return

A topic taken right from TheDen and @Macdaddy7657's post from yesterday: If Michigan goes 5-3 down the stretch are they in? Also, we identify the keys for Juwan Howard's team to put a run together with their eight remaining regular season games. A poll question was asked on today's show, "What score would you give the Michigan Football program on a scale from 1-100?" I don't like Michigan fans "cheeseburger defense" when it comes down to NCAA and pending infractions. Most UM fans feel the NCAA is a joke and the Wolverines should push back on anything with the current violations. I don't feel this way, if you do, I suggest skipping over the ten minute or so segment listed in the breakdown if you don't want to get worked up. Other topics covered are the return of ace recruiter Chris Partridge & the NIL deal for UM sophomore to be Colston Loveland.

Breakdown
Hunter Dickinson on OSU win 00:00-:37
Open :38-2:30
Michigan basketball 2:31-16:10
How do you feel about Michigan program on a scale from 1-100? 16:11-18:11
NIL problems 18:12-31:12
Chris Partridge return 31:13-36:45
More NIL & UM 36:46-44:56
Tom Brady & Pats 44:57-48:50
Colston Loveland's new NIL truck 48:51-54:00

EDIT: Well, Clemson WAS appearing to be trending for a 2024 QB today...

EDIT 3:09 pm: Things just got interesting, our Clemson site is just now reporting White to Auburn. For the record, this doesn't change my mind about anything, just means that Michigan will have to fend off an increased push for the Clemson staff.

Walker White, four-star, is announcing his decision and the expectation is that he will be committing to Clemson. I would THINK this effectively takes the Tigers out of the running for Jadyn Davis.

I haven't really felt all that concerned yet but I felt like Clemson could've been one of the biggest competitors to Michigan in the race. One less person in the running helps the percentage game if you're into that sort of thing.

Still think he picks Michigan. When? Your guess is as good as mine.

Insider The other candidate we heard was potentially involved...

Sounds like this process came down to Chris Partridge and Aazaar Abdul-Rahim from Boston College with Partridge ultimately winning out in the end. Who knows, maybe this is a bridge to cross if something were to happen down the line but Partridge is the guy.

The process behind bringing back CP is clear from Harbaugh's perspective. Lock down the DMV/DC area with recruiting. Both Partridge and Abdul-Rahim are EXCELLENT recruiters so you couldn't lose no matter which direction this went.

Obviously, with Abdul-Rahim being a DB guy you would've had to shuffle some guys around because of Clink and Jaybaugh.

IF it were to come down to Michigan needing to dip into the defensive back coach waters, would love to see them go back to Abdul-Rahim in the future.

Either way, CP is a solid addition and you don't need me to explain his credentials. A welcomed addition.

Ono: Warde Manuel is doing a great job on NIL. He has my full support.

From Ono’s interview published yesterday by The Michigan Daily

TMD: Name, Image, Likeness (NIL) has greatly altered college athletics, and Michigan’s NIL opportunities have laggedbehind other universities like Texas A&M, Alabama and Ohio State, to name a few. What changes to Michigan’s NIL system would you like to see, and what role do you plan to take in making those changes?

SO: I’m not sure it’s actually true that we lag behind those schools. There is a perception among some that that’s the case, but if you actually look at the Jersey Licensing Program, the University of Michigan was at the forefront of that program, which is a big part of NIL. We’re very fortunate that there have been three or four collectives that have been involved, and we’re very grateful for the passionate support of individuals who are donating to those collectives to support our student-athletes. I’m not sure that we’re lagging — the support and donations of people who care about our student-athletes and the Wolverine teams has been very generous. You may have heard that the athletic director, Warde Manuel, sent out a communication to supporters of Wolverine Athletics, encouraging them to support student-athletes through those collectives, and that had an immediate impact. There has already been an uptick in support of our programs through those collectors and those individuals leading those collectives are already speaking with each other.

How will I personally be involved? I will be there to listen to and then to provide advice that might be helpful to (the athletic director) as they stand up those initiatives. It’s very important to the University that we do things right and we remain in compliance with the NCAA and the law. I’ll play that advisory role as they stand things up, but this is really in the domain of the athletic director, and Warde Manuel is doing a great job interfacing with the leadership of those collectives. He has my full support.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT