ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Michigan Showing Interest In 2024 Safety Zahir Rainer

Richmond (VA) safety Zahir Rainer is one of the more highly recruited three-stars in the class of 2024, with over 20 offers to his name from the likes of Arkansas, Penn State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Colorado, Virginia Tech, and more.

Michigan has started showing some interest, so we got in touch with him and talked about his thoughts on the program, staff, and more. ⬇️

Login to view embedded media

Appreciation post

@Trevor McCue - just wanted to say that your work here has been really impressive. You bring good football insight to this community, and are able to articulate it well. I’ve been very impressed. With various Michigan sites, I often think that the quality of the staff isn’t real strong. Not the case here, and you’re a great example of why.

Props to @Josh Henschke for building a good team. Not easy when people leave - but you’ve done very well. Can tell that you have a strong ability to lead.

Keep up the great work, fellas!

OT: Prayers and hug your loved ones

Today my wife of 41 years died, 2 days after a massive brain bleed
She was healthy, never been hospitalized
She had a rare blood vessel problem in her brain we had known about for 30 years
Please hug your spouse, partner, parents, children
Tell them how much you love them
Don’t get all caught up in small things
They just don’t matter, when something life altering happens

I always worried that each day might be her last
We always started and ended the day with I love you
I made sure we did all the special trips/ celebrations/ visits to loved ones, that we wished for
My heart is broken,my daughter and my young grandchildren are lost
But I have comfort in not having regrets

Please do the same
The people you love and who love you are the most important part of life
They are our life

Quick Recruiting Update

Bringing this up only because there was interest in Michigan and MSU, but...Ryan Mooney former Baseball Recruit turned to Football has announced that he'll play football at Harvard.

He was the player that ran a 4.28 40 at camps and was gaining interest as a sleeper in his senior season. Still worth keeping an eye on as a potential transfer candidate in a couple of years if he plays well at Harvard. The only way he was likely going to get a spot a Michigan was via a walk-on opportunity or grayshirting (which Michigan doesn't have room for).

Either way, wanted to share since people were nervous he may pick MSU

Insider HQH Plus: What's next for Michigan after Matt Weiss' departure?

With this situation being fluid, there are plenty of moving parts as to what Michigan will do after formally announcing Matt Weiss' departure from the program.

Here is what we're hearing in the early stages of the process:

- We're still hearing analyst Kirk Campbell's name being linked to the job. If he does end up with the job, he would be named QB coach and pass game coordinator, which means that Sherrone Moore would take over as full-time offensive coordinator.
- Before any final decision is made, the expectation is for Jim Harbaugh to look around for a couple of days first before deciding what to do next.

More when I have it.

What A Joke!

The NCAA has now asked member institutions to self-report if they believe their collectives are breaking the NCAA prohibition against collectives paying recruits for their commitments. At the same time there are cases like the QB who had Miami and Florida bidding his commitment up to $13 million and is now suing the University of Florida and has refused to enroll because Florida broke their written contract and didn’t pay him after he signed Florida’s Letter of Intent.

Oh yeah, there’ll be a flood of letters from NCAA member institutions self-reporting that their collectives may be breaking the NCAA prohibition of paying their recruits for their commitments. Or will they report their rivals doing it and start a gigantic pissing war?

Yeah, right. But “burger gate” is right there at the top of the NCAA’s prosecutorial agenda. What a joke!!!

Recruiting Class of 2025 LB Mantrez Walker set to visit Michigan this weekend

With Michigan as one of his top two schools (along with Penn State), class of 2025 linebacker Mantrez Walker is set to take his first visit to Ann Arbor this weekend.

"I want to tour the facilities, put on the uniform, all of that type of stuff."

STORY:
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT