ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Confirmed a third name Harbaugh has reached out to regarding the QB coach role

We've told you about two names already Tavita Pritchard and Brian Griese but we have been able to pick up a third name that Harbaugh has reached out to regarding the QB coach role.

Baltimore Ravens WR coach Tee Martin.

Some obvious NCAA connections here, he is an EXCELLENT recruiter and has had successful recruiting stops at both USC and Tennessee.

Recruiting Biggest takeaway from a reactionary standpoint from this weekend

Recruits LOVE Ben Herbert. I mean, absolutely love him. Lightfoot raved about him and the S&C program and I hope to have an interview posted later today with Eddie Tuerk who raved about Herbert too.

Whatever Michigan is doing with the S&C program and the way it presents itself, it's absolutely resonating with recruits on these visits.

Just wanted to share that quick note.

Florida QB commit Jaden Rashada and NIL deal has to be a NCAA violation right?

"But his arrival in Gainesville was contingent on a four-year, $13 million NIL deal he signed with the Gator Collective, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity."

If that's not illegal inducement to attend what is?

My understanding is that Miami of FL and Florida got into a bidding war for him and then Florida couldn't deliver the $$$

Football SOURCES: Jim Harbaugh reaches out to Brian Griese about QB coach opening

We can’t speak to the level of discussion or interest level, just that contact was made

Insider HQH Plus: Confirming one coaching name that has heard from Jim Harbaugh

After doing some asking around about the open QB coach role on the staff, things still seem to be fairly quiet on that front with not much movement in that regard.

However, we have been able to confirm at least one name that has heard from Harbaugh and has had a discussion about the opening and that's Stanford offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Tavita Pritchard.

If you're familiar with Harbaugh's history, this name will sound very familiar as Pritchard played quarterback for Stanford under Harbaugh from 2006-2009. He was also the quarterback who beat USC 24-23, with Stanford being 41-point underdogs in that game.

This move makes a ton of sense as there's plenty of familiarity between the two parties and Pritchard would be very much aware of what kind of system Harbaugh wants to run with his quarterbacks. Add in the fact that he's a young, energetic guy and he would make a pretty good addition to the staff.

What I haven't been able to confirm is where he sits on the pecking order and if he would have any interest in the job at all.

I'll continue to dig.

Recruiting New FutureCast prediction 1/23

Josh placed a FutureCast for this prospect moments ago as well, but I am also placing a FutureCast for Michigan to land class of 2025 (Buford, GA.) LB Mantrez Walker.

Login to view embedded media
I interviewed Walker going into the weekend ahead of his visit and he had said his recruiting coordinator was really pushing hard for him to go to Michigan. He also said he had multiple conversations with Jesse Minter throughout the week about how he would fit into Michigan's scheme, along with discussions surrounding at potential early commitment.

I wanted to wait to see how the weekend went before making an official prediction as Walker visited Penn State the prior weekend and said it went well in Happy Valley.

But after following up, it sounds like the Michigan visit beat the PSU visit out, with Walker telling me he could see himself thriving in the Michigan program.

Recruiting New FutureCast prediction 1/23: Michigan to land recent visitor

After doing some digging coming out of the busy recruiting weekend, I feel comfortable placing a FutureCast prediction in favor of Michigan for 2025 LB Mantrez Walker.

Michigan had considerable momentum heading into the visit and would've had to botch the visit in order for that to get taken away. Of course, the visit went all and I firmly believe U-M is out in front by a considerable margin. It's possible that he could make a decision in the near future.

More when I have it.

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football & Basketball; Potential QB/OC's

Breakdown
Juwan Howard 00:00-:55
Open :56-4:22
Matt Weiss 4:23-13:45
Potential QB coaches and OC"s 13:46-30:00
What yout want to see in next QB coach 30:01-37:12
Michigan basketball 37:13-41:53
Feedback: OC's/QB names, being positive or negitive towards UM & Hunter Dickinton 41:54-52:23
How happy are the fans with Harbaugh 52:24-1:10:02

Insider Update on Michigan and Jadyn Davis

I have confirmed that the phone call between Jim Harbaugh and Jadyn Davis’ camp did indeed take place last night.

Full details are a bit scarce at the moment but I was able to bullet point the major takeaways from the conversation.

- Overall positive call (which no one really doubted would be the case)
- Harbaugh is taking over for Weiss as the primary recruiter
- Sounds like he still may take visits even after the call, North Carolina seems the most likely but that was the only school that was mentioned.
- Michigan still really likes where it sits for him currently.

I’m not in panic mode yet, nothing I’ve heard suggests me to come on here and say that you should be worried. I’ll continue to monitor things and will update if anything changes.

Just Out Of Curiosity?

Matt Weiss has been terminated, although no reason has ever been divulged. The Athletic Director says he will no longer discuss the subject.

Has the UMPD ever requested the involvement of the Washtenaw County Prosecutor, or the prosecutors of violations of state or federal laws? What law did Weiss break? Is the UMPD investigation still ongoing? Was Weiss just guilty of the violation of U-M regulations? Which regulation?

What was Weiss’s “crime” that lead to his termination from a job which paid him $1.25 million last year? He was terminated, but for what reason? Sooner or later an FOIA request will be made and the public will finally know what Weiss did that was the basis of his termination. And my guess is there will be a contract between U-M and Weiss wherein he has forfeited any right to sue Michigan for wrongful termination.

I’m no fan of Weiss, but I do support transparency when it comes to a widely publicized report of a possible crime, the results of the UMPD investigation, why Weiss was suspended, and finally if there was no violation of criminal statutes, why was he terminated?

If I’ve missed some news other than Weiss’s suspension and termination, I’ll stand to be corrected.

If Bacon's claim is true. (I'm skeptical)

But if it's true, what is wrong with 'ADs at Michigan? We've had a couple that have just been dumb. Dave Brandon was a nut job from day one. He alienated staff, coaches, alumni, donors, and administration. Bill Martin seemed to need help understanding the job; he was MIA when we needed him the most. Jim Hackett was magnificent but didn't want the job. Now we have another guy that believes he's the most important guy in the department.

The job of the AD is to take care of the coaches, players, and staff. Have their back, and advocate for them. He may be the boss, but he needs to have a servant's heart in that part of his job. If he thinks this is about him, he has everything backward, and shortly he'll be looking for a new job.

Its Been only three weeks !

...since the game with TCU and:

We've mourned the debacle and what could have been...
We've had a repeat of the drama with our HC leaving for the NFL..
We've had some surprising returnees..
We've had the headlines of an NCAA investigation....
We've had our Co-OC suspended and then terminated over a police incident...
We've started to hear that there may potentially be a change at AD...

and its Jan 22 ! Certainly not the January doldrums one might expect.... GO BLUE !
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT