ADVERTISEMENT

Aggravating the Charlatans...

Very unfortunately, my extended family on my mother's side has many, many Shartan supporters (no alumni). I was at a family function yesterday and my calling them Charlatans didn't really aggravate them. When I referred to them as our "instate rivals", that got them riled up. I guess they didn't like being belittled by being our tertiary rival. I found that interesting. Please try it out and see if that is a thing with others of them...

Go Blue!
  • Haha
Reactions: alibaba

Impressive observation of the week

This was quite a performance. It was more dominant than the a$$ kicking the scoreboard suggested. A lot can be said about the positives of this game: o-line dominance, JJ's ability to move the chains on third down, a stifling defense, the Corum/Edwards show, etc. However, to me the single most impressive thing about this game was the in-game adjustment to the game plan by Weiss and Moore.

The entire Fox panel before the game was convinced that PSU would at least slow down Mich's rushing attack. Mich apparently thought the same thing pre-game. The staff was not afraid to let JJ throw the ball. In fact, it opened its first two drives with pass plays, a quick throw to CJ and a sprint out 30+ yard completion again to CJ. It allowed JJ to throw on third and short. They were also efficient. Mich was on pace to throw the ball 40 times in this game by halftime. A different storyline was taking place during the first half, though. The o-line was opening some holes and by the second quarter, it certainly seemed like when, not if, Mich was going to break a big one in the run game. They were getting yards in chunks. Coming out of halftime, it seemed they saw the same thing. JJ only had 4 more pass attempts in the game. They were going to let the o-line and duo of Corum and Edwards take this game over and they did. The two ran for 340 and 4 TDs against the #10 team in the nation.

Impressive performance but great job by the offensive coaching staff recognizing the dynamics of the game and adjusting the game plan accordingly.

MSU time today?

Is today the day the MSU time is made official? I know our insiders have been saying M and AA prepping for a night game, but I did hear some 3:30 guesses on TV over the weekend. Though I believe there is a circumstance under which the time isn’t announced til next week but can’t remember the details lol.

Went to a Football Game; and a Concert Broke Out

What a great half time show yesterday for the PSU Game!

Wynton Marsalis and Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra played accompanied by The MMB.
The MMB is often criticized for not being forceful and loud. "They need more Brass" or "more members".
" Their not as good as the best damn band in the land" etc

The counter argument is they are more musical than many "louder" bands. This half time show is a great example of where they excel.A++++

Login to view embedded media

Football Stock Report: Offense Post Week 7

Offense Stock Report is live.
This was a fun one.
Michigan's dynamic RB duo is here, and the OL is making way for them.
I chart out JJ's day throwing the ball, and a future breakout weapon emerging for him.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT