ADVERTISEMENT

Passing game is just broken.

It’s not merely a JJ problem or a receivers problem. It’s systemic.

Given the personnel we have, the air attack is underachieving badly. I can’t escape the concern that none of our coaches have ever coordinated a modern pass attack. Matt Weiss was the architect of Baltimore’s RUNNING game. Harbaugh is at his core a West Coast offense coach, and that’s an offense that hasn’t been used in years now.

Given that Weiss is also not a great recruiter, I think finding a way to get him back to the NFL and bring in a true modern pass attack architect is going to be necessary if we’re going to max out JJ and the receiving talent we have on this roster.

Because we’re not maximizing it now.

Insider Initial returns on Corum…

Harbaugh wouldn’t ever lie about an injury status but it does appear that Blake Corum avoided disaster with his knee.

There will be more tests and such ran this week but the structure of the knee seems to be good, which is great news, of course.

Speaking to folks, this is just going to be about pain management moving forward. Rest is going to help but this thing isn’t going to magically heal in a few days. It’s going to be about what Corum can handle from a pain perspective, which I’m guessing is going to be quite a bit.

I’ll find out more this week but I do not get the sense that he is at risk for anything serious if he plays on it.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT