ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Michigan commit Cole Cabana recaps home visit, looks ahead to signing day

Michigan RB commit Cole Cabana had a great home visit with Jim Harbaugh and Mike Hart this past weekend.

The four-star in-state prospect said he's never had to second guess his decision to commit to Michigan as he looks ahead to early signing day next week.

Login to view embedded media
STORY:

Fun past bowl games to watch: 2008 Capital One Bowl vs Florida

I saw a Reddit post about bowl games from the past that would be fun to watch. The 08 Capital One Bowl vs Urbana’s gators always comes to mind.

Florida, even though they had lost 3 games, lost very close games to good teams throughout the season. They had Heisman winner Tim Tebow coming off scoring 50+ TDs that year. That Florida team had NFL studs across the roster like Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden and more.

Everybody, myself included, thought Florida would roll. Michigan started the season losing to App State (in case you forgot), getting obliterates by Oregon, winning 8 straight games, then getting handled by Wisconsin and OSU. So there wasn’t much reason to have confidence going into Lloyd’s last game at Michigan.

While watching the highlights, it took my back to my original thoughts watching the game live. Where the heck was this offense for the entirety of Lloyd’s tenure??!! The formations, route trees, blocking, creativity was so modern and wide open compared to what Michigan had done forever. Receivers running wide open vs NFL corners and safeties was a site to see. UM had some dudes on both sides of the ball too. Big bodied receivers and Tight ends. Great Oline and an NFL QB, and Mike Hart of course. They came out with an attitude and swagger that we hadn’t seen them have for a while, mocking the gators with gator chomps all game. Oh yeah, and Urban was about to cry on the sideline!

Does anyone have insight on bowl prep that year? Was Rich Rod involved? Why did Michigan change their entire offense for this game but not vs other teams??

Either way, what a fun game to watch and I suggest you watch highlights or the whole game.

Reactions: zwem6

Miami leading the way with now 17 portal

8 are Defensive Backs 😳

Update
Starting LT wants 6th year elsewhere

• Haha
Reactions: LenDaleWhite

NIL stuff.

One place I get UM info from acts like the sky is falling ie UM will fall because of one bad recruiting class and are failing at NIL. Here I don't get that vibe seems a little more balanced and laid back. Is UM only on a brief period of dominance (2-3 years), or is this going to last longer?

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; Expectations for Semifinal

Breakdown
JJ McCarthy on Ronnie Bell 00:00-1:16
Mike Leach 1:17-3:58
This season great no matter what? 3:59-13:41
Outside view if UM didn't advance past semifinal 13:42-28:38
TCU Quentin Johnson in mock draft 28:39-29:56
Feedback: TCU, winning the B1G Ten & UM most complete team? 29:57-38:59
Best and/or biggest catch of the year? 40:;35-47:45
Kalel Mullings jump pass 47:46-103:00
Mike Morris, great plays & Blake Corum 103:01-108:22
George Rooks 108:23-114:11

Purdue hires new HC, good for Michigan

Purdue has hired Illinois defensive coordinator Ryan Walters.
Michigan is currently recruiting two players from Illinois, Jyaire Hill and Roderick Pierce. In the case of Hill, Walters is his primary recruiter.
Late coaching moves last season benefited Michigan before signing day, could it work in their favor again with Hill and Pierce?

Insider M&BR Q&A 12/8: Ask us anything!

I know it’s late in the week and in the evening but we’ll roll with it.

We are back with another edition of our Q&A in The Den!

Fire away with your questions and we will answer them when we can! No question is out of bounds, within the rules of the boards.

As always, this segment is sponsored by Andy Luedecke at MyPerfectFranchise.net!

Are you a displaced corporate executive or want to put your career in your own hands? Or are you an experienced entrepreneur wanting to diversify? Well, Andy Luedecke can help!

Andy is a longtime Rival board member, diehard college football fan, and franchise veteran. He owns multiple franchises and businesses and uses his expertise to help others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process.

Call Andy, and put your life and career in your own hands. 100% free, so what do you have to lose?

Find Your Perfect Franchise at MyPerfectFranchise.Net
Contact Andy Luedecke anytime at:
andy@myperfectfranchise.net
(404) 973-9901
www.myperfectfranchise.net
Reactions: Macdaddy7657

Football DL George Rooks has entered the portal

This one isn't too surprising. Finishes his sophomore season buried on the depth chart.
A DT that seemed to be more of tweener end like Kris Jenkins, he was unable to earn a role in the two-deep.

Best time to buy tix? Any suggestions?

I can't make it to Arizona, but I would be able to make it to LA for the title game if Michigan is in it. Even if I have to buy tickets off of StubHub before we even know who is playing, I'm trying to figure out if it's going to be cheaper......

A. Right now, before we even know the matchup?

B. Right after the matchup becomes official and lots of extra tix become available after the TCU fans who bought already start unloading them?

C. Closer to game day when sellers start feeling desperate, sitting there with unsold tix?

D. Sometime in between one of these?

Any suggestions?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT