ADVERTISEMENT

Introducing your new Senior Editor…

@Trevor McCue!

We didn’t have to go far. I have been SO damn proud of what Trevor has done as a writer and as an analyst in the past year with us. He’s truly our Swiss Army Knife. He was key to our rebranding, he was key to overhauling our social media feeds and he is key to our growth as a site moving forward. I could think of no better right hand man to help us out.

I do plan on adding one more contributor to the site in the coming days/weeks/however long it takes. I am afforded some time to get the next move right and figure out some plans with Brandon departing this week.

Losing two guys hurts, no doubt, but the decision is MUCH easier to handle when you have logical replacements lined up.

We’ll figure out what role Trevor will expand with us but I have no doubts he’s going to succeed.

Excited for the future.

Insider Inside Intel: What I know as of 11/21

I want to preface this post by saying that there was not a full practice today, no pads, none of that. So take all of this with a grain of salt.

Here’s what I know as of Monday:

- Junior Colson left the game Saturday after being banged up and didn’t return late in the game. I am told that he was a full participant in walkthroughs on Monday.
- Blake Corum did NOT participate in walkthroughs today. Instead, he underwent treatment the entire walkthrough. My source takes that as a hopeful sign for Saturday.
- As for Donovan Edwards, he was NOT a participant in walkthroughs today. I DO NOT take this as a negative, not one bit.

Again, I want to preface that it is still VERY early in the week and playing status isn’t going to be decided on a Monday if the guy is on the fence. Things will come into focus as the week progresses.

It is my OPINION that both Corum and Edwards will give it a go on Saturday. We will see if my opinion comes into shape as the week progresses.

More when I can get it.

Insider Positive news for Blake Corum

Initial fears were a torn meniscus for Blake Corum after the game. Something he could play on, for sure, but pain management is key.

Appears those fears were just that, fears before tests could take place after the game. Corum had tests today and those came back good. No structural damage, no other damage.

MAJOR bullet dodged.

Pain management will be key this week. I don’t know what that means for availability because he took a pretty good shot on the knee. We’ll see this week.

Insider Optimism surrounding a Jim Harbaugh contract extension

I’ve been told this rumor for about two weeks now and have been hesitant to report on it until I got something more concrete.

I did hear some more information this morning, which is why I am delivering the news to you now.

There is optimism that an extension for Harbaugh is going to get done this off-season. I don’t have specifics in terms of numbers but the general consensus is that this deal will put him at, or near, the top of the Big Ten. Incentives will also push that number higher.

Not ready to call it a done deal just yet (if you catch my joke, you’re a day one champ!) but it’s certainly trending in the right direction.

Before you ask, no, this movement to get a deal done isn’t to combat the NFL coming to call, this is to reward Harbaugh with a deal to get him back back to where he belongs in the national conversation. Just like where Michigan is right now.

More when I have it.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT