ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class of 24 LB/EDGE Brian Robinson talks relationship with Michigan

Michigan is making Youngstown, Ohio 4-star LB/EDGE Brian Robinson one of their top targets in the class of 2024.

Maize & Blue Review recently caught up with Robinson to see where the Wolverines stand in his recruitment, the connection he is building with the coaching staff, and more:

Insider HQH Plus: What we know as of 11/22

I am going to preface this post by saying that this week is going to be a rollercoaster. Information is going to be sparse but I am going to do my absolute best to give you the information when I can get it no matter whether it's good news, great news or news that could ruin your day.

So let's get started.

There is vagueness to all of this and do keep in mind that it is Tuesday of game week, so there are a few days to get through in order to make a final determination of what's going to happen in regard to player status.

I may not report any determinations at all depending on how this week goes.

As for the status of Blake Corum and Donovan Edwards, I will refer to them as trends. Whether one is trending up to play or trending down.

For Corum, I would classify him right now as trending down for Saturday. Obviously, this isn't final and I am NOT reporting he will not play, the optimism (from multiple well-placed sources) in Ann Arbor is not particularly high at the moment. Again, it's Tuesday. We'll see what happens.

For Edwards, I classify him as trending up for Saturday. Multiple well-placed sources are feeling optimistic that he will play on Saturday. We will see what happens there.

Other players I view as TRENDING UP include Junior Colson, Luke Schoonmaker and Mike Morris (barring any setbacks).

I said yesterday that I don't plan on doing daily updates, only when I get relevant information. I will continue to dig throughout the week and when I find anything that is deemed worthy to share, I will do so.

Hang in there this week. We are all doing our best to find out what's going on.

Shameless Plug...

If you and your family are looking to avoid LCA and Woodward tomorrow, come down to Fraser to watch the Motor City Rockers play the Watertown Wolves (defending Commissioner Cup Champs) at Big Boy Arena (Formerly Fraserhockeyland)

Yours truly was hired back in August to be the Voice of the Rockers (along with the Junior team that plays out of the same barn), and the team is exceeding expectations after a month of play.

Games are on our YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/@rockershockey

But trying to build a home fanbase as well in this Hockeytown. Tickets are bought at the door, or via the team website: MCRockersHockey.com/tickets.

Insider Quick update on Corum 11/22…

I posted it in the other thread but I think it deserves mentioning on its own, too.

Was told that Blake Corum was a “light” participant in practice today.

Before you ask, I don’t know what that entails or what it means moving forward but I am getting info as I get it. So we’ll see. The way this week is trending, unless I get something rock solid, I don’t know if I’ll be able to make a prediction for Saturday. That’s not a bad thing, I just don’t want to guess if I can help it.

More when I have it.

Recruiting New FutureCast prediction 11/22

Multiple sources have reached out to me today to inform me that Michigan is the team to beat for 2023 three-star ATH Breeon Ishmail.

Login to view embedded media
A strong visit a few weeks ago has propelled the Wolverines to the top of the list and one source in particular refers to him as a “Michigan lock.”

I am told a commitment is coming “soon,” I am working to find out how soon is soon. I’ve also been told that he’s in discussion with the staff to enroll early.

Stay tuned for more when I have it.

Michigan and Ohio State rushing analysis

It decided the game last year. Ohio State made changes. Michigan stayed loyal to its identity.
Harbaugh says once again, running the ball and stopping the run will be key.
A deep dive into the run offense and defense of Michigan and Ohio State.
Reactions: Fritzie

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; With or Without you

Breakdown
Trevor McCue joins the show
Jim Harbaugh 00:00-30
Open :31-2:34
EA Sports CFB '24 2:35-4:30
Elephant in the room 4:31-10:11
Players playing hurt 10:12-13:50
UM's MVP & big mismatch 13:51-17:55
Trente Jones & Karsen Barnhart 17:56-22:33
Corum speculation 22:34-23:27