ADVERTISEMENT

So how far do LSU and OSU fall? And

Assuming (clears throat) winning the B1G championship would you rather play TCU and then winner of what the USC Georgia semifinal in Championship game?
Or some other scenario?
OSU ranked ahead of USC perhaps?
I know Washington/Washington State game and PAC12 championship matters as does TCU in BIG12

Good to see Clemson and Tennessee and Alabama and LSU out of it

A few random thoughts

This win feels soooo good!!! It validates the progress the program has made and indicates last season’s OSU win was not a one off.

I am no football “expert” but I have watched the game for many years and hear a few random thoughts. Thank you for your reactions.

1. Quarterbacks ALWAYS matter—you need a star at the position. They matter more than every other position. By far. You have no hope if your quarterback play is average. Case in point, Michigan football from 2010-2021. So glad JJ is leading the team.

2. Two million dollar coordinators in Columbus aren’t what they used to be. Lol.

3. Talent is important in building a team. Culture is more important. It trumps everything.

4. A recruit who is ranked #35 in the country is not necessarily a better player than a recruit recruit ranked #135 or #235. A lot more than 40 time goes into success on the field as a player matures. You know this but it helps to remind yourself when team recruiting rankings are analyzed.

Harbaugh knows what he is doing—it is astonishing how far ahead of the curve he is.

Such a fun day today is. Hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I.

Broyles Award Winner Will Again Be In AA

Jesse Minter is going to win the Award. No doubt in my mind.

Truly was year two of a system that Macdonald started, but picked up where it left off without to Elite EDGE rushers, and still had more sacks as a defense than it did last year. Still held OSU to under 28 points two years in a row as well. Stuffed PSU who was a Top-10 team, still in the Top-15 too.

Raises all the way around for these assistants.

This offensive line

continues to prove they are the best in the nation. They have done it all year, some may of took a quarter or two to get going. But it just shows the endurance and the drive they have to wear you down for 4 quarters. The depth they have, plug and play, is a credit to the developer behind this line "Moore".

After only 10 yrds rushing in the first half today, heck even I didn't see this finish. Then halfway into the 3rd you could see it, they were imposing their way on the little boys across from them. By the 4th they owned them!!

My Wife

I would like to salute my wife today for her unwavering support for the Michigan football team and Harbaugh just a staunch true blue Wolverine who when I was losing my mind and couldn’t watch the game anymore because I was at the brink of a heart attack from the 1st quarter and 3-4 minutes of the 2nd quarter. I left because I couldn’t bear to see my beloved Wolverines go down, so my wife steadfast as ever watched and 3 hours later as I was walking in sad because I assumed they had lost she looked at me and said they got it done and it wasn’t even close and I was totally shocked. Memo to self “take your loses and wins as they come don’t allow fear of losing scare you from enjoying that which you love”…….maybe I should have followed my own saying “scared man can’t win” Michigan today wasn’t scared they were patient and determined not to be deterred from their mission and got the job done.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT