ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking about how the potential 2-time defending B1G champs could line up next season...

QB: McCarthy Jr (Warren RS So)
RB: Edwards Jr and Allen Jr
TE: All 5th and Loveland So
LT: Barnhart 5th (Persi RS Jr)
LG: Keegan 5th (El-Hadi RS So)
C: Crippen RS So (Anderson RS So)
RG: Zinter Sr (Atteberry RS Jr)
RT: Jones 5th (Gentry So)
WR: Wilson Sr (Walker So)
WR: Anthony Jr or Clemons So
WR: Henning Sr or Morris So

This offense is locked and loaded. 2-3 really good players should emerge from that WR group (and if they don't, then some hard questions need to be asked of Ron Bellamy.) I'd match up our QB-RB-TE-OL situation with anyone in the country.

DE: Benny RS So (Bahr Fr)
NT: Graham So (Grant So)
DE: Jenkins RS Jr (Rooks RS So)
EDGE: Harrell RS Jr and Okie 6th
ILB: Barrett 6th or Hill-Green RS Jr or Rolder So
ILB: Colson Jr (Spurlock RS Fr)
EDGE: McGregor RS Jr and DMoore So
CB:Johnson So (Pollard RS Fr)
CB: McBurrows RS So (Jones RS Fr)
NB: RMoore Jr (Berry RS Fr)
S: Moten RS Jr
S: Paige Sr (Kolesar 5th)

The Green twins coming back for a 6th year and/or Sainristil coming back for a 5th would make a major difference in my comfort level with a secondary that looks thin and really inexperienced without them. McBurrows is an unknown at this point and the whole second unit is redshirt freshmen and Caden Kolesar. I also wonder about the down DL positions, where Bahr walks right into a spot on the 2-deep unless one of the EDGE guys moves down or we get portal help. Assuming Morris enters the draft, we have 11 EDGE guys scheduled to be on the roster next season. 4 are freshmen, so even if you leave them out it's 7 guys for 4 spots in the 2-deep. You wonder if someone like Guy or Bennett bulking up and playing with a hand down gets him on the field more.

Guys who might be eyeing the portal because they'll be in at least Year 3 and are not yet on the 2-deep...

Ike Iwunnah
TJ Guy
Ke'chaun Bennett
Tyler McLaurin
Cristian Dixon
Tavierre Dunlap
Louis Hansen
Matt Hibner
Tristan Bounds
Jaydon Hood
Eamonn Dennis

Guys who might be ready to leave because it's time for them to start SOMEWHERE - heading into Year 4 and not playing here ...

Jalen Perry
Quinten Johnson
Jeff Persi
Reese Atteberry

(I'm not THAT worried about Persi and Atteberry, because while I'm sure they're not wild about waiting until their 5th years to start, they ARE both likely in line to start in 2024... but it's conceivable they might not want to leave themselves only a year or having to stay in college a 6th year to get more game time.)
Reactions: ahe1985

Michigan's Potential Semi-Final Venue

Sorry if I already missed a thread on this, but given the two potential semi-final destinations (Atlanta and Phoenix) I'm assuming that if Georgia beats LSU, they're definitely going to be in Atlanta.

My thinking is the furthest Michigan will fall even with a loss to Purdue (which I don't think will happen but of course could because, well, sports) is the 3 seed (still ahead of either USC, OSU, or Alabama). Given that, I have to think Michigan will be placed in Phoenix, right?

Anyone see a different path there (again, assuming Georgia beats LSU)?

Replacing Biff

I just read the Athletic article. Biff seems instrumental in developing this culture and helping guide so many coaches and players within the organization. How do you replace that? How do we carry his presence forward and ensure we stay on track?

I'm confident we will, but seems like he will be a big loss.
Reactions: Goblue4220

Recruiting Spoke with Collins Acheampong just now…

Nothing to see here about the visit to UCLA over the weekend.

I really appreciated his honesty when I asked about it. Basically, he said he just wanted to catch a game and that he couldn’t afford to watch any games in person this season as his officials were used. He’s locked in.

My story on his relationship with Michigan and Enow Etta will be up tomorrow. Just wanted to share this note first

Commitment OL Luke Hamilton commits to Michigan football's class of 2024

BREAKING: Michigan football has secured its 3rd commitment in the 2024 class in OL Luke Hamilton.

Login to view embedded media
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT