ADVERTISEMENT

OT: way off topic...

...I had a patient walk out with my phone today. I tore the clinic apart thinking I had lost my mind AGAIN.

He had sat on my phone and thought it fell out of his pocket.

Im happier that I wasnt crazy more than getting phone back. At 65 I thought it was time for the nursing home!

This is the kind of $#!+ we will be posting until spring ball starts. Even when Harbaugh signs his new contract thats a 1 day story then back to this.

Life without football sucks!

Recruiting The curious case of Zach Ludwig and his commitment to Michigan

There has been a social media post making the rounds about a commitment from a 2024 prospect named Zach Ludwig committing to Michigan on November 29th.

Login to view embedded media
@RivalsFriedman and I have been working the phones all morning to try and figure out what is going on and how all three outlets mostly missed this commitment.

Here's what I have been able to find out:

- At least two assistant coaches aren't aware of who the kid is and his commitment status with the program
- A high-level recruiting staff with the program confirmed the legitimacy of his commitment, saying that he doesn't have a Twitter so there was no announcement of an offer or commitment.
- The kid committed to "Coach Harbaugh and Coach Helow"

Adam and I will continue to work on this to see what exactly is going on. If this is a Jim Harbaugh special, it would make sense that people would be left out of the loop. Harbaugh has been known to go off the radar with offers on kids no one really knows about.

Never a dull moment.

Recruiting Unrelated Jadyn Davis note…

I said that I was hoping to speak to Jeremiah Davis soon. Still haven’t spoken to him BUT I asked around a bit to get a temperature check of things inside and outside the building.

Michigan feels good about where it sits right now. Someone I speak to that isn’t in Michigan’s circle still believes Michigan leads there, too.

Take it for what it’s worth, of course. Just what I’m hearing right now.

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; Jim Scarcelli looks at future QB's for UM

Former Michigan football player Jim Scarcelli who coach 25 years of high school football in Michigan joins the show. With ND OC Tommy Rees heading to Alabama should UM call CJ Carr? Is JJ McCarthy likley to leave for the NFL after his junior season? With NIL, what's the difference potentially for scholarship players vs walk-ons at UM? Check the breakdown for two different segments discussing Sundays Super Bowl between the Eagles & Chiefs. Other topics that are brought up: What kind of people make good coaches, position switches for spring & UM's recent hires of Chris Partridge and a few analysts.
Breakdown
Juwan Howard 00:00-2:04
UM & CJ Carr 2:05-6:12
Jadyn Davis 6:13-9:52
JJ McCarthy coming back for senior season 9:53-14:54
Walk-on's & NIL 14:55-23:27
JJ's two pick sixes 23:28-27:50
Super Bowl picks 27:51-28:52
Do good players make great coaches 28:53-34:40
Position switches for UM 34:41-41:53
Chris Partrides & analyst hires 41:54-48:04
Super Bowl 2.0 48:05-53:24

Season ticket renewal

Just a reminder that season ticket renewals are going on and they are due February 28. You can also order seat cushions before the price increases twice over the summer. Two things I noticed-you are paying for your tickets and the preferred seat contribution, and they also ask you for a donation to the Champions Fund. Lol they included a “suggested” donation amount for the Champions Fund, let’s just say I took out one of the zeros 😂. Also, it cracks me up that they add on a $10 digital delivery fee-the fee for the paper mailed and will call tickets is $50. If it were me since everyone has to pay at least $10 I would somehow fold that into the ticket price and only charge for the mail/will call of paper tickets. Just seems like nickel and diming to charge that $10- but they prob want to show how much cheaper the digital delivery is. Me, I wonder why I even have to pay for digital delivery 😂.

B1G women’s b-ball- what’s ahead ( long)

I did review the box score of the MSU game and they did shoot better from 3 (35%) than elsewhere (31%).

i have looked at the rema schedules. I did not consider Indiana and Iowa as they are playing way better than everyone else. Maryland is 10-3; OSU and Michigan at 9-4 and Illinois at 8-5.

Maryland plays at PSU, at MSU and at OSU. Home games with Iowa and Illinois. Iowa should be a loss, OSU a big game and win the rest. 14-4 or 13-5. Looks to be the third seed.

OSU has Indiana at home but a probable loss, a big game at Maryland and a possible bigger game at Michigan. Wins at PSU and home Minnesota.

Michigan has Nebraska and Rutgers and a big game with OSU at home. Away is Indiana (ugh) and Wisconsin.

Illinois plays at Nebraska,at Rutgers and at Maryland. Home games with Nebraska and PSU.

Both OSU and M should lose to Indiana but OSU ha a tough game with Maryland before M vs OSU on Feb 24. That game could decide #4 seed.

The kicker is Illinois. A probable loss to Maryland but could end up at 12-6.

And who knows. Home court screws up all reasonable calculations but it would be nice for M to get #4 and a first round bye.

An interesting month ahead. Go Blue!

Recruiting Quick Hits: Why Michigan made the top 10 for 2024 WR Terrell Anderson

Michigan recently made the cut for 2024 three-star WR Terrell Anderson and I was able to speak to him to get a sense of why the Wolverines made the cut.

An interesting fact that I wasn't aware of until he told me, he's actually a Detroit native and recently moved to North Carolina, so he's fully aware of what the program is all about.

Here's what I was able to gather from our discussion.

- Why Michigan made the cut: "Michigan made my top 10 because they have one of the best programs in the nation and just the communication and relationships I built with their staff."
- On which members of the staff he's connected with the most: "When September 1st hit and the coaches were able to text 2024's, I woke up and checked my phone and I believe every coach on the staff sent me a text and introduced themselves. But I talk to Coach Bellamy a lot. We built a really good relationship, giving him a rundown of how life was growing up in Michigan. I really talk to everybody the running backs coach Mike Hart and Coach Harbaugh."
- On the importance of speaking with a staff that knows what it takes to play for Michigan: "It means a lot, you know, all the coaches know what it takes and coaches are seeing how the game is changing and evolving. It just lets me know that the staff had plenty of years of experience and they know the work needed to be done to get to the next level."
- On what he hopes to learn more about the Michigan program moving forward: "Since growing up in Detroit, Michigan has been my dream school so I know a lot about the program. I want to see the campus and get to see how it really looks."

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; The 12 days of Michigan football

Your chance to see and hear what is sure to be a chart topper: The 12 Days of Michigan Football - "On one of the first days of Feburary Michigan Football gave to me, the return of Chris Partridge and some brand new route trees." If paradoy songs aren't your cup of tea, skip ahead to segment two where we look back at last years non-conference schedule and then look ahead to this years 'non-con' slate. Finally, @Macdaddy7657 got his phone back and posted about the chances of a couple key Michigan basketball players returning for next year. We used his idea for segment three listed below.

Breakdown

Zak Zinter audio 00:00-1:15
Open 1:16-2:42
12 Days of Michigan Football 2:43-9:46
Biggest takeaways from last year non-conference games 9:47-29:09
Last years first three games 29:10-32:02
This years first three games 32:03-43:08
Michigan basketball odds 43:09-55:13
Demetrius Calip 55:14-59:01

The Michigan Team Of "My" Era

I update this every so often...

My freshman year was the first year post-Bo. So it works out neatly: the all-Michigan team of the post-Schembechler era.

I use a player's best season at Michigan, not his career accomplishments.

I reserve the right to take the 5 best OL, not simply the best at each position.

So here it is....

QB: Elvis Grbac 1991 - gave serious thought to Denard 2010, Navarre 2003 and Henson 2000, but Elvis led the nation in pass efficiency, 25 TD, 6 INT, 65% completions. I will, frankly, be disappointed if this isn't JJ McCarthy a year from now.

RB: Blake Corum 2022 - used to be Chris Perry 2003 or Tim Biakabutuka 1995.

FB: Chris Floyd 1997

TE: Tony McGee 1992 - actually expected to see more impressive numbers from Jake Butt and Jerame Tuman, but McGee it is. I suspect a year from now, this one might change.

WR: Braylon Edwards 2004

WR: Desmond Howard 1991

LT: Jake Long 2006

LG: Steve Hutchinson 2000

C: Steve Everitt 1992 - actually thought about Olu here, but Everitt was a beast.

RG: Jon Jansen 1998 - he was a RT, but I think these were the 5 best OL.

RT: Jon Runyan 1995

DE: Aidan Hutchinson 2021

DT: Alan Branch 2006 - also had to consider Ryan Glasgow and Mazi Smith here.

DT: Maurice Hurst 2017

DE: Brandon Graham 2008 - LaMarr Woodley also would have been a good choice here.

WILL: Devin Bush Jr 2018

MIKE: Dave Harris 2006

SAM: Jabrill Peppers 2016 - a bit unconventional, as he was a VIPER, not a SAM, but he was a Heisman finalist. Could have also gone with Dhani Jones or Shawn Crable here.

CB: Charles Woodson 1997

CB: Ty Law 1994 - may be Will Johnson soon...

S: Tripp Welborne 1990

S: Ernest Shazor 2004

K: Jake Moody 2022

P: Brad Robbins 2021

KOR: Steve Breaston 2005

PR: Jabrill Peppers 2016
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT