ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Harbaugh

I adamantly expect him to say and if he leaves.... it would be a significantly different than a Kelly or Riley or Jimbo Fisher..... we all will be really wrong about him if he leaves. He's 59 and has a lifetiime gig at his Alma mater.... people leave their alma maters but ( construct that list ! ). He has parents in their 80's living NEXT DOOR to him. He has kids in schools he attended himself! He has his Kid (Jay) on his staff who he's teaching and grooming and he has ( backed into a unique college formula) of auditioning pro coordinators running schemes on college oriented assistants. He has publicly said he is not going to flirt with the NFL again and he has been a man of his word. He also is an unbelievably competitive guy and knows that next year we have a ton of guys back and a relatively easy schedule...... GO BLUE !

With some assist from Josh, these are the D-1 guys that truly made a “difference” this 🏈season !

@Josh Henschke, you started this list a while back and I think these guys deserve special recognition encore plus a few more.
Each enhanced college football in their own unique manner. Yes, each actually exists.

I am naming this “The 2022 All Wolvernole Team”

* Rowdy Beers
* Dude Persons
* Bumper Pool
* Boogie Knight
* Storm Duck

And there they are ladies & gentlemen.
Reactions: buttaball

My simple take on the game.

After losing to TCU, I started to think: What was this 2022-23 Michigan Football team missing?

Talent? Based on awards gained, and sheer numbers put up over a the first 13 games of the season, including at OSU and in the B1G Championship Game, I'd say: "no".

To be clear, I'm not one of those people who looks at recruit rankings as the only measure for talent, but based solely on that, we should've been able to kick TCU's butt even without Corum and Schoon...

But I think that losing Corum, and Schoon, took a couple more starters from last season's BCS UGA loss out of the equation...J.J. wasn't starting last season, Edwards was the third string RB last season, Bell was injured and out last season, Olu was not even on campus for that loss.

I think that an underplayed point is that J.J. is a first year starter, probably seeing TCU's 3-3-5 D for the first time ever in a live game.
On the TCU side is a QB in Duggan who is in his 4th season as a starter, and has two years on JJ.

One guy (Duggan) played like a wily vet, another played like a rookie (JJ)...That was probably the difference in the game (as far as on field).

Now, when looking at our off the field situations- coaching (weird calls), that weird overturned TD (Really? Two of these last two seasons?). I do agree.

But if a veteran has the guts of a burglar, and the other younger, while talented QB, is still green, I feel that the team with the vet QB will come out on top.

That gives me hope for next season's OSU game- We could have Corum, and others back with more experienced and mentally tougher versions of Donavan and Colston, while J.J. will be the veteran starter in next season's game at The Big House.

Insider Henschke's Quick Hitters 1/2: What we're hearing on the Jim Harbaugh rumors

I want to try and lay out everything I know in an open and honest format I possibly can. For better or for worse, I want to lay out what I'm hearing, when I hear.

Some stuff you might not like to read, other might be good news. The one thing I don't want to do is play with emotions and lead people on.

With that, I will try my best to lay out everything I know after talking to some folks today.

Let's get started.

I consider this set of rumors a "two sides of the coin" type of deal. One positive side, the other in a negative light. I will first break down what the negative side of the coin is currently saying.

There appear to be some thoughts from those around Harbaugh is that the sense is that he is willing to, at the very least, listen to NFL overtures. Now, I want to be crystal clear when I say this, this isn't coming from Harbaugh directly, nor has he indicated to ANYONE that he intends to take any NFL overtures seriously. However, there is a belief in certain circles that he's willing to listen and the process would be quick, unlike last time. That needs to be recognized.

The other side of the coin is much more positive and things that we KNOW Harbaugh has done. On top of what he's said in the past about last year being the last time he'd look into the NFL, and what he said three weeks ago about coming back for 2023, we have been told that Harbaugh has told players that he is coming back next year as recent as today. Multiple sets of families have been told by Harbaugh personally that he is indeed coming back next season. Those inside Schembechler also feel the same way, that he indeed intends to return. This information is coming from those inside Schembechler and from parents personally.

There have been unconfirmed rumors that Warde Manuel has spoken with Harbaugh, too. I am working to find out whether it has happened.

Also unconfirmed, I know there's a push from those inside Schembechler that there has to be a public statement made to shut things down, too.

My OPINION here is that he's a man of his word and he wouldn't lie to his players, coaches and others around the program. It would be a surprise to many and it would burn a lot of bridges.

We will see what happens here in the coming days. I'll never say never when it comes to Harbaugh but there's a lot of evidence out there, would be very peculiar if things take a 180.

More when I have it.

Recruiting Michigan Football 2024 Recruiting Primer: Quarterback

While Michigan is still looking to finish out its 2023 recruiting class efforts, the 2024 recruiting cycle is right around the corner. After February 8, the 2024 recruiting class will become the primary focus of every coaching staff in the country including the Wolverines.

With that, over the next several days and weeks, we'll be providing recruiting primers for Michigan's 2024 recruiting efforts, going over the early offers, who they're potentially in the lead for, and more.

We start with the quarterbacks ⬇️

Reactions: mbeards

Two years in a row we've made the dance.

In both years our O-line had looked average to poor.
This year, play calling didn't help, and obviously, Blake missing in action was huge, but play in and play out they were not winning a ton of one on one matchups. Our All-American Center had his worst game and in general, they were pretty disappointing against a smaller group of D linemen.

It was both surprising and disappointing.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT