ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class of 2024 OL Bennett Warren talks Michigan offer

"It's definitely something I'm considering and it's something I really want to do, actually.”

After being offered by Michigan earlier this month, class of 2024 three-star OL Bennett Warren says he want to take a visit to Ann Arbor this spring.

STORY:

Recruiting Where Michigan Commits, Targets Sit In Latest Rivals250

Rivals recently released the latest version of the Rivals250, a list of the nations top 250 prospects for the 2024 class.

Many Michigan targets and commits made the list, and we take a look at where some of them now stand below.

Reactions: buttaball

Michigan Basketball’s plan to honor MSU on Saturday

Story to come, as well as a plan to honor the 2013 team.

Michigan Athletics has been preparing recognitions for the Michigan State University victims and community, including:
> Specially designed team warm-up shirts for the team
> (2,000) specially designed t-shirts for Maize Rage & student ticket holders
> A moment of silence (approximately 30 seconds)
> A 12x8 foot “Spartan Strong” Flag in the Maize Rage student section
> The U-M Pep Band learning, and performing, MSU’s alma mater
> Lighting Crisler Center Green & White during the moment of silence using programmable LED wristbands distributed to all fans upon entry
• Michigan will hold its annual “Maize Out” where fans are encouraged to wear maize clothing. Additionally, at halftime, U-M will honor the 10-year anniversary of the Wolverines 2013 run to the Final Four and national title game as former head coach John Beilein, Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway, Jr., Nik Stauskas and Spike Albrecht are among the list of returning team members.
Reactions: ChicagoMacker

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; Five football recruiting targets

As the title to the pod suggests we will examine Michigan's chances at getting players from our top five target list. There is also a mystery audio piece that is played at the begining of the show where a person is talking about a big Michigan figure in the past who painted 'Go Blue' on his teeth. See if you can tell who we are talking about. Alex Orji's name is brought up as a player to look out for in the spring and in the Spring Game. Finally, I go down a rabbit hole and show pictures of Michigan "Grillz" on the internet.

Breakdown
Mystery audio 00:00-:15
Helow news :16-4:10
Justin Scott 4:11-7:10
Aaron Chiles & Brady Prieskorn 7:11-9:01
Jordan Marshall & Jadyn Davis 9:02-16:18
Feedback on recruiting 16:19-37:00
Alex Orji 37:01-51:05
Michigan beating OSU three years in a row 51:06-54:50
Mystery audio & maize & blue fronts 54:51-1:05:44
Reactions: buttaball

Insider HQH: Michigan set to hire familiar name in NIL role?

After doing some digging over the last few days, I have received more clarity on the Shemy Schembechler situation at Michigan and how he factors in.

It turns out the original rumblings that he will be part of the football staff are a bit out of place, as he still will be working with the program closely but in an entirely different role.

Any reports that suggest his hiring is imminent are incorrect, as are the details of his exit from the Las Vegas Raiders. His likely addition won't be happening until after May 15 as he is still technically under contract despite not being with the organization currently. That's the only hold-up with a potential deal.

As for where he factors in, we are told that he is likely to be working in an 'administrative NIL role' that works directly with Warde Manuel. What that role entails is unclear.

Will keep asking around to see if I can find out specifics.

Michigan #3 in SP+ preseason rankings

Michigan is in the top tier with Georgia and Ohio State. ESPN's Bill Connelly believes each could go 12-0 with a floor of 9-3.
He says pass rush is the biggest variable, and I agree.
Reactions: martyk and orsons

I decided to write about last night's events...

In times like these we put our rivalry aside and unite as one, as Michigan and Michigan State bring out the very best in our state. A call for unity as human beings unite as one with love and respect.

Basketball On ski masks, silly t-shirts and a struggle to connect this to Juwan Howard

After letting my thoughts stew a bit on the discourse that came out about the ski mask and t-shirt talk, I decided to go long and discuss it.

This isn't a Juwan Howard issue, this isn't a cultural issue. Pregame props happen all the time. The optics look weird in a loss but people would be praising it in a win. I struggle to connect this to Howard losing control of the team.

Recruiting 2024 LB Jeremiah Beasley postpones his commitment

Think Michigan is right in the thick of things here for this one. I would've said Tennessee for his old commitment date next month but now the door is wide open for the Wolverines here.

Login to view embedded media

I like Juwan, but...

He really needs to improve his coaching chops at the end of games. It's uncanny how this team goes into a funk when the pressure dials up. Our coach needs to improve that part of his game.

In the driveway growing up we were all counting down the seconds so we could drain the winning shot. All those kids did the same thing. Juwan needs to find the formula to unleash those dreams. Not even getting a shot off at the end is stunning.

I put this on him because it's not the first time we've seen this team disappear at the end of the game this year. Just like Harbs could use the clock better in the two-minute drill, this seems to be Howard's blind spot. I believe he can be a better coach if he looks in the mirror and sees the truth.

Go Blue!

Recruiting 2024 four-star TE set to visit Michigan again

Michigan has multiple avenues it can explore with the tight end room in the 2024 recruiting class with four-star Walter Matthews being one of them

Login to view embedded media
I spoke with him and he let me know that he is planning on visiting campus sometime in March and would like to expand on the relationship he's built with Grant Newsome.

He said his relationship with U-M is 'Very warm, almost hot,' and that he texts with Newsome almost every day.

Where he factors into the pecking order on the TE board is unknown but he's one of a handful of guys that the Wolverines are pursuing hard. Brady Prieskorn is the clear-cut number one and I still believe he ends up in the class. Hogan Hansen, a four-star, has been committed in the '24 class for quite some time.

Michigan to honor victims of mass shooting at MSU with special decals

On top of the special helmet decals, teams will also wear shirts and have a moment of silence before all home events.

Baseball is set to play MSU on Friday in Arizona, official word hasn't come down on whether basketball will play on Saturday, that will be MSU's call to make.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT