ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Intel: What we know, and what we don't, regarding Harbaugh's contract

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
After doing some digging, I wanted to expand upon what the landscape of everything looks like after the Sunday regents meeting and the clear path to get an extension into the hands of Jim Harbaugh sooner rather than later.

From my understanding, both Warde Manuel and Santa Ono had agreed that proceeding ahead as planned with a contract extension was the next logical move and wanted to present it to the regents for their consent. We are told consent was given to Manuel to proceed with the extension.

It was described to me that Ono and Manuel already had what to do next planned out, they just needed to run it by the regents.

Outside of anything unforeseen in terms of the investigation, which we are not expecting, there are currently no roadblocks between Michigan and Harbaugh to get a deal done.

The question is, when?

That's what we don't know. We have heard unconfirmed rumors that it could be done as soon as this Friday but, again, they are unconfirmed at this time. We will continue to dig and to get a better feel for when this is coming down.

There really doesn't need to be much work done on this, as both Michigan and Harbaugh had agreed to terms prior to the pause in talks when the NCAA news came out. Just no physical contract was presented.

Stay tuned as this is moving quickly and, at this point, it wouldn't be a surprise to hear some further movement coming soon.

Update 1: I don't speak much on contract figures as I let that all come out once the FOIAs are done and all that, but we've heard early reports of $12 million per season. Believe it's 5/$60 mm.
Update 2: From a reliable source: "Big buyout. This will be his last job."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News