ADVERTISEMENT

HARBAUGH'S FIRST YEAR

trooper6387

All-League
Feb 14, 2012
Cannot wait for the upcoming football season. Even though Coach Harbaugh has had great success in the past I am sure some recruits are waiting to see how Michigan does this coming season and how he uses
players at certain positions and how current players improve from last season. With his staff I would hope to see at least an 8-4 season. Next years recruiting will be something to behold.....

Cannot wait for the upcoming football season. Even though Coach Harbaugh has had great success in the past I am sure some recruits are waiting to see how Michigan does this coming season and how he uses
players at certain positions and how current players improve from last season. With his staff I would hope to see at least an 8-4 season. Next years recruiting will be something to behold.....
It sure will!

Really? And I thought he'd cut everyone loose and give out 85 schollies next season. Goodness, you're joe gory-stupid.

7-5 is a pretty good expectation

I thought JH would kill it on the recruiting trail from Day 1. He's not done terrible but not exceptionally well ether. michigan fans will have a longer road back to being the B1G's second best team than a lot of you hoped.

9-3. Michigan has talent right now as Brady recruited well. The big question is at QB. Ruddock's leadership and experience leads the Wolverines to a very good season this year. One of the wins will be against MSU or OSU

9-3. Michigan has talent right now as Brady recruited well. The big question is at QB. Ruddock's leadership and experience leads the Wolverines to a very good season this year.

michigan's biggest question is Oline play. If the Oline Plays well the QB will play well no matter who they have behind center. Look at Ohio State's Oline vs VaTech last year, They were just plain bad. (a lot of that was scheme / coaching) When the line started playing better the QB Looked great no matter who they had playing.

Gardener would of looked just as good as Ohio State's QB last year as Barrett and Cardale did.

One of the wins will be against MSU or OSU
Don't have a quick trigger finger on the Cyanide pill if that doesn't come true.

michigan's biggest question is Oline play. If the Oline Plays well the QB will play well no matter who they have behind center. Look at Ohio State's Oline vs VaTech last year, They were just plain bad. (a lot of that was scheme / coaching) When the line started playing better the QB Looked great no matter who they had playing.

Gardener would of looked just as good as Ohio State's QB last year as Barrett and Cardale did.

Don't have a quick trigger finger on the Cyanide pill if that doesn't come true.[/QUOTE

You as well if it does come true. It will. Those teams are not invincible including Urby's Bucks. They got on a roll last year at the right time after losing to VT and struggling once again with an absolute horrible Michigan team coached by Brady Hoke and his staff. This is a new approach with a head coach that has shown results. The only thing Dantonio is selling is the fact that he is Tressel disciple. His stupid comments take away from Michigan State's accomplishments over the last few years. I remember opposing coaches in the SEC blasting Bama during their down times under Dubose and Shula. When Saban took over, how many take shots at the Tide now? It will be the same for the Wolverines.

It is really quite simple. Coaching and player development. Wait and see

Coaching and player development didn't equal many wins his first couple years at Stanford. Granted, there's likely more talent on the roster he was given at michigan than the 10 win over 3 season cardinals.

Coaching and player development didn't equal many wins his first couple years at Stanford. Granted, there's likely more talent on the roster he was given at michigan than the 10 win over 3 season cardinals.

Exactly right on the talent level at Stanford. An even better example of this is with the 49ers, who were perennial losers. What happened as soon as Harbaugh arrived?

Exactly right on the talent level at Stanford. An even better example of this is with the 49ers, who were perennial losers. What happened as soon as Harbaugh arrived?
His past at Stanford, San Francisco or anywhere else has little to do with he will do here. As the season gets closer, I'm getting more cautious with my enthusiasm.

09/03 at Utah L
09/12 vs. Oregon State W
09/19 vs. UNLV W
09/26 vs. BYU L
10/03 at Maryland W
10/10 vs. Northwestern W
10/17 vs. MSU L (not another double digit defeat?)
10/31 at Minnesota L
11/07 vs. Rutgers W
11/14 at IU W
11/21 at PSU L
11/28 vs OSU L
12/05 B1G Championship Game N/A

MGOBLOW.COM always includes the B1G Championship Game, so who am I to argue.

6 Wins. 6 Losses. 1 Not Available. Countless excuses.

DuckPicksNotreDamePointsDesmondHoward.gif

Hey Dr. Bone! Great seeing you back! Will ND win the NC this year again???

On a side note, Michigan will finish with a better record than notre dumb this year. When you are stuck with one of the absolute worst coaches in major college football, and have no clue how to improve your team, ND will be struggling just to make a bowl this year.

Also, just wanted to see if you had an update on Harbaugh to Michigan. You told us repeatedly that he would absolutely, without a doubt, NEVER come to Michigan. Do you have any updates where things stand with that?

Thanks again Dr. Bone!!!!

Reactions: jackvan
09/03 at Utah L
09/12 vs. Oregon State W
09/19 vs. UNLV W
09/26 vs. BYU L
10/03 at Maryland W
10/10 vs. Northwestern W
10/17 vs. MSU L (not another double digit defeat?)
10/31 at Minnesota L
11/07 vs. Rutgers W
11/14 at IU W
11/21 at PSU L
11/28 vs OSU L
12/05 B1G Championship Game N/A

MGOBLOW.COM always includes the B1G Championship Game, so who am I to argue.

6 Wins. 6 Losses. 1 Not Available. Countless excuses.

DuckPicksNotreDamePointsDesmondHoward.gif

You have losses to Utah, BYU, Minny and PSU.
I think Michigan wins 2 of them.
Final record 8-4.

Also, just wanted to see if you had an update on Harbaugh to Michigan. You told us repeatedly that he would absolutely, without a doubt, NEVER come to Michigan. Do you have any updates where things stand with that?

Thanks again Dr. Bone!!!!
And you're bragging about that?

Goodness comprehension skills are lacking. What would you expect from a sparty, though? But in regards to Harbaugh being at Michigan, you better believe I'm bragging about that. The really funny story is from the msu fan base. First it was "keep dreaming, he will never come and all Michigan fans are just delusional" to "his contract isn't signed yet so hold on!" to "he's going to suck." Yup, that pretty much summarizes sparty in a nut shell. The non-stop comedy continues with that fan base. Denial and fear is what I am hearing!

Goodness comprehension skills are lacking. What would you expect from a sparty, though? But in regards to Harbaugh being at Michigan, you better believe I'm bragging about that. The really funny story is from the msu fan base. First it was "keep dreaming, he will never come and all Michigan fans are just delusional" to "his contract isn't signed yet so hold on!" to "he's going to suck." Yup, that pretty much summarizes sparty in a nut shell. The non-stop comedy continues with that fan base. Denial and fear is what I am hearing!
Fear? How's recruiting going for him? Dantonio's killing it in case you live in a cave. UM looking at maybe 6-6 season with some luck. The big fish are not jumping into the boat. He's too freaking weird.

Fear is exactly what it is. Danantonio is doing a terrific job getting the three stars. But on the subject of recruiting, I thought msu fans could care less!!! Why all of a sudden such a great interest??? Anyway, by the end of this recruiting cycle Harbaugh will haul in a better recruiting class than Danantonio. I don't blame recruits for taking a wait and see approach after the disastrous past two coaching regimes. But it is all about to change. Fear

Fear? How's recruiting going for him? Dantonio's killing it in case you live in a cave. UM looking at maybe 6-6 season with some luck. The big fish are not jumping into the boat. He's too freaking weird.
6-6? And with luck, you say? Well, I guess that's better than nothing.

I can't even venture a guess - but 8 wins seems reasonable.

I can't wait until Harbaugh pisses Bitterface off. It won't take much, but it will be fun.
Also, don't expect any apologies this time around. Dantonio can suck it.

Fear is exactly what it is. Danantonio is doing a terrific job getting the three stars. But on the subject of recruiting, I thought msu fans could care less!!! Why all of a sudden such a great interest??? Anyway, by the end of this recruiting cycle Harbaugh will haul in a better recruiting class than Danantonio. I don't blame recruits for taking a wait and see approach after the disastrous past two coaching regimes. But it is all about to change. Fear
MSU up 5 to zip this recruiting cycle head to head with yer savior. And it's only gonna get worse for ya. Mark(Dantonio) my word. And MSU's three stars have been kicking the urine outta UM so get over yer star fetish.

6-6? And with luck, you say? Well, I guess that's better than nothing.

I can't even venture a guess - but 8 wins seems reasonable.

I can't wait until Harbaugh pisses Bitterface off. It won't take much, but it will be fun.
Also, don't expect any apologies this time around. Dantonio can suck it.
The sooner you accept MSU and OSU will continue to dominate UM for years to come, the less miserable your life will be. Nothing wrong with third place every year and a trip to El Paso. Try to see the cup as half full.

Roaring. I think you are a bit too far.. 6-6 at best... ?

I think 7-5 most likely... 8-4 possible.. so is 6-6 but I will say 7-5 is the most likely with no chance of 9-3 or 5-7.

Pharm.. you went too far.. some Spartans have no fear at all of Harbaugh.
Other Spartans fear that within 3 years Harbaugh will have UM at 10-2 level... at least 3-5 year gojng forward from that point.
Regardless of which camp Spartans are in.. no Spartans fear that UM will win more than 2 games in the next 5 vs MSU,, Dantonio is staying right here Spartans truly believe that MD is just a better COLLEGE ( not pro ) coach than Harbaugh at this time.. and it is not close at his time.. just my humble opinion... UM is going to improve.. just not at the pace you see..

Roaring. I think you are a bit too far.. 6-6 at best... ?

I think 7-5 most likely... 8-4 possible.. so is 6-6 but I will say 7-5 is the most likely with no chance of 9-3 or 5-7.

Pharm.. you went too far.. some Spartans have no fear at all of Harbaugh.
Other Spartans fear that within 3 years Harbaugh will have UM at 10-2 level... at least 3-5 year gojng forward from that point.
Regardless of which camp Spartans are in.. no Spartans fear that UM will win more than 2 games in the next 5 vs MSU,, Dantonio is staying right here Spartans truly believe that MD is just a better COLLEGE ( not pro ) coach than Harbaugh at this time.. and it is not close at his time.. just my humble opinion... UM is going to improve.. just not at the pace you see..
Poor offensive line, no running game, terrible receivers, QB that couldn't start at Iowa and possibly better than average D. Ok, 7-5 with a little luck. That'll get em an invite to the motor city bowl.

Hahaha. Listen to the fear! Danantonio will be in for quite a rude awakening this year…hate to break it to you. MSU will never be looked at as a dominant force. More like a lucky little team in a state that is divided of even knowing where msu is!!!! Sure danantonio had a few good years…wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Big 12 within the next 3 years!

Hahaha. Listen to the fear! Danantonio will be in for quite a rude awakening this year…hate to break it to you. MSU will never be looked at as a dominant force. More like a lucky little team in a state that is divided of even knowing where msu is!!!! Sure danantonio had a few good years…wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Big 12 within the next 3 years!
Listen to the fear? I thought Michigan men were supposed to be smart. In case you haven't noticed, most of the best high school football players in Midwest region and beyond know exactly where MSU is. Who's Harbought landed recently?

Is this a serious post? I assume not.

I am surprised that Harbaugh hasn't made a bigger impact immediately due to name recognition. I don't doubt that there will be some big names picked up between now and signing day. The number of them may depend may depend on the success of this season. Michigan has a winning record, gets a big upset win, and more importantly looks like a team that is likely to get better over time, Harbaugh will pull in some guys who are late commits as well as some flips.

Of course, I hope that I am wrong and Harbaugh is a complete and total failure.

09/03 at Utah W
09/12 vs. Oregon State W
09/19 vs. UNLV W
09/26 vs. BYUW
10/03 at Maryland W
10/10 vs. Northwestern W
10/17 vs. MSU Win Or Lose?
10/31 at Minnesota W
11/07 vs. Rutgers W
11/14 at IU W
11/21 at PSU W
11/28 vs OSU Win or Lose?

Everyone is poor mouthing Harbaugh;s first year. Hoke recruited well and the OL/DL will be solid. This is not Brady Hoke's staff or approach each Saturday. Michigan will suprise many people this year. Ruddock will start and is good enough with experience alone to win some key games. The defense will be very good this year across the board. Michigan will beat either MSU or OSU this year and you can bank on that. 6-6/7-5 is ridiculous. Hell Brady Hoke won 5 with his crap last year. Evem more ridiculous that people are picking a loss to Penn State. What the hell have they done? Who cares if it is at night and a whiteout. The Buckeyes are not guranteed to run the table this year either and struggle each year with even horrible Michigan teams. I bet USC at the height of their invulnerbility though tthey would stroll into Stanford and spank what was frankly a not very talented football team. The difference maker was their COACH!!!!!!!!! the players have to believe in him and what he is selling. They know he is successful period!!! Harbaugh is selling what he has done as a college and PRO coach. Can Urban or Dicktonio sell that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jordanc
I predict Michigan's record going into the OSU game will be 9-2. Then we will take on the undefeated defending national champions and beat them 24-12. Deja vu, all over again...

09/03 at Utah W
09/12 vs. Oregon State W
09/19 vs. UNLV W
09/26 vs. BYUW
10/03 at Maryland W
10/10 vs. Northwestern W
10/31 at Minnesota W
11/07 vs. Rutgers W
11/14 at IU W
11/21 at PSU W

Everyone is poor mouthing Harbaugh;s first year. Hoke recruited well and the OL/DL will be solid. This is not Brady Hoke's staff or approach each Saturday. Michigan will suprise many people this year. Ruddock will start and is good enough with experience alone to win some key games. The defense will be very good this year across the board. Michigan will beat either MSU or OSU this year and you can bank on that. 6-6/7-5 is ridiculous. Hell Brady Hoke won 5 with his crap last year. Evem more ridiculous that people are picking a loss to Penn State. What the hell have they done? Who cares if it is at night and a whiteout. The Buckeyes are not guranteed to run the table this year either and struggle each year with even horrible Michigan teams. I bet USC at the height of their invulnerbility though tthey would stroll into Stanford and spank what was frankly a not very talented football team. The difference maker was their COACH!!!!!!!!! the players have to believe in him and what he is selling. They know he is successful period!!! Harbaugh is selling what he has done as a college and PRO coach. Can Urban or Dicktonio sell that?
Must be they can. Look at their results. Good luck with wacko jimmah! So far so bad.

Pretty sure that if Dantonio went to the NFL he would be outstanding at that level. Hard to argue that Harbaugh was a better college coach than Dantonio. Like to see that objective and fact based argument. No way.

Last edited:
09/03 at Utah W
09/12 vs. Oregon State W
09/19 vs. UNLV W
09/26 vs. BYUW
10/03 at Maryland W
10/10 vs. Northwestern W
10/31 at Minnesota W
11/07 vs. Rutgers W
11/14 at IU W
11/21 at PSU W

Right now, more prospects are buying what Urban and Dantonio is selling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT