ADVERTISEMENT

Insider INTEL: NOA Draft in ESPN report is "old", not what Michigan currently has

According to three sources I have spoken with, the draft of the Notice of Allegations featured in the ESPN report appears to be a "really old version."
Michigan is working from a "different version." I can not confirm whether this means Michigan has received the NOA, or has an updated draft.
According to one source, the mood continues to be similar to Josh's earlier reporting: "Michigan is unbothered."

I will provide any other details I can gather.

Something I want to stress

That this is a DRAFT that was leaked to the media. Not the final version of the NOA.

That leaves the door open for things to be added or removed, though things being removed seem much more likely considering the context of the first draft.

We have no clue when the actual NOA will be delivered or whether that will be the final version U-M receives.

As for whether this impacts this season, it’s really tough to say considering timing. I find it hard to believe that anything happens in 2024 considering we’re already in August and U-M has 90 days to respond to the NOA once it receives it, we’ll already be on the cusp of 2025 at that point.

Not to mention hearings and all that stuff. It could be until 2025, to be realistic. Unless U-M does something to appease the NCAA, which there is zero indication that is going to happen, it all depends on the timing of the NOA.

This isn’t something that the athletic department is surprised about, they had this knowledge about all of it, Sherrone Moore included. So it’s not like they’re blindsided about deleted texts and the like. Elevating Sherrone to head coach shows trust, no?

Anyway, I know there is some concern that this impacts this season, I cannot rule it out but I would be very surprised if anything happens this season before an NOA is received.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT