ADVERTISEMENT

My only guess on Orji

He ran the ball twice against OSU, Iowa, Bama & Washington last year.

Sherrone mentioned Leak & Tebow as having shared qb success. At minimum, Orji can do Tebow on the ground. An expanded Orji package.

Everybody knew Haskins and Corum were getting the ball in short yardage situations.

It is disappointing but it could be that Warren is just that good. The book on Warren has always been that he was tracking to be a four star and then got hit by illness and then the Covid year and the college football world pretty much forgot about him. He has been in the program for 3 years now, I think. He should know the offense. Plus he is not a statue out there, he can take off and run if needed.

But...I had visions of A.O. rumbling through defenses and being this dual threat QB that nobody wanted to play against. It could still happen, I suppose.

It is going to be very interesting on Saturday night.

My only guess on Orji

And if Davis Warren passed the test, that is a pretty darn good accomplishment.

The word has always been that the program thought he was a gem they uncovered after his high school career was limited due to a serious illness and then COVID.
Warren’s td pass to Kendrick Bell in the spring game traveled over 50 yards in the air. That’s a big time arm. TJ Guy on Monday said Warren wasn’t Orji as a runner but did say Davis has wheels too.

My only guess on Orji

Sherrone mentioned Leak & Tebow as having shared qb success. At minimum, Orji can do Tebow on the ground. An expanded Orji package.

Everybody knew Haskins and Corum were getting the ball in short yardage situations.

The way UM’s oline can wedge block I’d expect a ton of brotherly shove by Orji this year.
Give me Orji qb power on short yardage/goal line with Mullings and Breadson as lead blockers
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

My only guess on Orji

The way UM’s oline can wedge block I’d expect a ton of brotherly shove by Orji this year.

My only guess on Orji

If they aren't going with him, the passing isn't there. You'd think he'd get the nod even if it was close.

He had the chance for a long time.

The coaches said multiple times, he has to run and take the job.

He was targeted as the guy. And still didn't win the job.

He has talent and I actually think him as a backup QB is probably not the best way to utilize that talent.

I hope he plays a lot in another role.
They turned up the gas in the final few practices. Defense got more complex, more pressure, etc. That's how they found the winner IMO.

Insider INTEL: What we're hearing on key offensive position battles

I am just worried we don't have a QB.
It's one of two things...either

A) We don't have a QB
B) Everybody here (Myself, too) and coaches were hoping Orji would win the job. They gave him every advantage to do so, and it was just never going to be

I truly believe that if they had changed their offensive identity to Orji, he would have been reported as the clear-cut quarterback for some time, even if they hadn't announced it.

This team, since JH, has never been one to ask their QB to win them games.

I do agree with Josh, though; we probably won't find out this weekend, regardless.
Reactions: buttaball

OT: Rutgers in a game with Howard at halftime.

They kicked a FG with time expiring to take a 17-7 lead, after allowing a 76-yard TD drive where they let Howard run down the field on them. Howard had 95 yards on 21 rushes and a TD...Rutgers also benefitted from a 52-yard INT return, so their O hasn't quite dominated other than Kyle Monagai.

Not great against a MEAC team...
Yeah man, if it wasn't for the pick-6 and a late hit call helping Rutgers to late 2nd qtr FG, it'd be an even game......
Howard U is FCS and hanging with BTN's (and others) dark horse team.... Rutgers supposedly had a veteran roster and a soft schedule...
Reactions: buttaball

OT: Rutgers in a game with Howard at halftime.

They kicked a FG with time expiring to take a 17-7 lead, after allowing a 76-yard TD drive where they let Howard run down the field on them. Howard had 95 yards on 21 rushes and a TD...Rutgers also benefitted from a 52-yard INT return, so their O hasn't quite dominated other than Kyle Monagai.

Not great against a MEAC team...
I would love to see the a**hole Schiano lose.

Rutgers used to be that loveable loser you pulled for. Not now

Insider INTEL: What we're hearing on key offensive position battles

Janson also said Warren as well. I just can't seethis kid beating Texas, Oregon or OSU. I am worried we are going safe. Milroe last year early wasn't good but by the time he reached the end of the year he was really good and was a play away from beating us.
I live in Calabasas (outside LA) in a community where a lot of kids go to big sports schools like Oaks Christian and Sierra Canyon. I don’t follow hs sports all that closely but some families here do. I still recall a conversation about Davis Warren as a Fr when he was at Loyola hs where one of the local dads described him as “the next big thing” in So Cal HS football.

My sense is that he was on track to be a big time recruit before he got sick, moved and lost time to COVID. I can’t say that I have any first hand insight here, but people who are serious about the subject might tell you that he is/was a big time talent. He might surprise you
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT