ADVERTISEMENT

Underestimating Warren?

Trust me, I thought and believed that this was going to be Orji who ended up being the starter. But with the rumors and reports I decided to sit back and look at Warren a bit more as like many I kind of wrote him off after the rough showing last year early on even though I was actually pretty high on him before that.

A few things to remember

- in the spring of 22' he was the #2 all of spring and summer with JJ coming back from injury. That led to him being the #2 behind JJ all year after Cade lost the starting job and got hurt (I think even without the injury Warren possibly takes the 2 spot from Cade)

- I believe Warren was the #2 all of the 23' spring, summer and heading into the fall but injury set him back and showed when he got time in the early season.

Going all the way back to the spring game and Hawaii game of 22' I always though he showed a lot of the type of play style and ability as JJ. The question was always could he handle the mental stuff when it actually mattered not just in mob up duty.

I rewatched the highlights below of the past few spring games and his time in 22' and man I can see a lot of JJ in his style and ability. So I know for me at least that I underestimated him and moved on to quickly after a pour showing last year (didnt know he was hurt at the time) and maybe got to confident in Orji truly being the best option.

Login to view embedded media
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT