ADVERTISEMENT

Football Sherrone Moore on RB room: 'We think we have two guys that are starters'

"I feel like going into the season, me and Dono always viewed it as kind of a team thing."

Instead of worrying about who is "RB1," Kalel Mullings said he and Donovan Edwards have been focusing how they can get the job done together in the Michigan backfield.

Story on how that played out in Week 1 against Fresno State and why the Wolverines will continue to use both of their skillsets against defenses as the season moves forward:

Feel better after watching Jansen

On Inside Michigan Football. He acknowledged the tight timing re Texas to get better lol but said most all the mistakes he saw are easily corrected. Said film review with the coaches will bring the ah ha moments. Footwork and other issues, game speed for some of the guys. He expects improvement next week (will it be enough? 🤔 I’m an optimist!). Showed some good blocking by Donovan and Colston. Lots of defensive highlights and Mullings highlights obviously. Happy with the improvement as the game went on. Commented you can’t have run every time with Orji (but what a great fake on that one run) and on the need for the WRs to step up. I love Jansenvision!

Couple of after the fact thoughts.

Nothing earth shattering but...

- Thought Fresno's WR's made a couple of touch catches which helped keep some of their drive alive. Not much you can do as a DB when they make plays like that but tip you cap ad get them on the next play.

- Thought our DB's played very fast early in the game and when they arrived, they hit the WR's. Took it's toll IMO and was nice to see we still flow to the ball, not that I expected anything any different.

- Good to see Rolder get some PT. Good compliment to our LB starters.

- Granted Fresno is a pass first offense, but our run defense was very strong. Some good play by Benny too, which was nice to see

- Doman is a great weapon on KO's and punts. No deposit, No Return is always welcome.

- Nice to have the transfer portal players contribute. While they will all play an important role, Zvada is a special weapon offensively.

- watching Warren's interception, it looked like he didn't step up or into throw but tried more with just his arm as he was sort of spinning left to right. a mistake often made by younger QB's.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT