ADVERTISEMENT

After a Re-Watch…

Few things I took away from a re-watch today:

1. We had two separate drives stall out on some very easy to fix stuff, which could have easily added numbers to the scoreboard. They were driving pretty well when Dono had a nice run get their 3rd-4th first down of the drive, which was taken back on a questionable holding. Couldn’t battle back from 2nd and 17.

Given the momentum they had going, could have easily wound up in at least a FG attempt.

Then there was the Loveland drop on 3rd down that would have been a first down. Again a situation where we were sustaining a drive and building momentum. If I recall, we did get a FG out of it though.

Fully realizing that execution is absolutely part of the evaluation, and these are examples of bad execution. However, I find it to be encouraging and maybe some evidence of some underlying potential within the offense.

2. Warren threw the ball better than I thought. Missed on the deep balls and had a few errant throws in the 2nd half, but the other throws were pretty well placed. Much has been said about the struggles with making the right reads, and a great example is the deep ball to Semaj with about 10 min left in the 3rd. Threw into double coverage when he had an intermediate route wide open underneath.

3. I think this team is going to make significant strides this season. Perhaps wishful thinking, but the potential is definitely there.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT