ADVERTISEMENT

SORTA OT: Chris Balas won’t answer his phone so he sucks, and other things…

WolverineKim02

Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2002
So I am on the road to my beloved, sacred, wonderful Ann Arbor Michigan and I am actually going into the Big House today and sitting on my rented seat cushions in my expensive season tickets and I’m going to watch the marching band come out of the tunnel, and then my beloved football team run under that banner that says “go blue M club supports you“ and I’m very emotional.

I want to see good football, of course we all do. That has been my focus, my dream and my wish for my whole life of course, but we have been through some dark times with our beloved football team. However, probably because I’m a girl and emotional anyway, and because I am finally on my way back “home “, I’m thinking about a lot more than just Michigan football right now.

We have all suffered greatly since March 2020. Some much more than others, and some have lost people in their lives forever. Not going to get into specifics today because today is a happy day.

But today when that band comes out, heck when I go through the turnstile and I’m actually “in” the stadium, the tears are going to start flowing. I know they will because I cry just thinking about it. You don’t miss something to this fullest extent until you lose it, whether that be someone or some thing that means a whole lot in your life. Michigan football is that for me. And it’s not just the football, although that’s a huge part of it. It is all the memories of growing up, going to games with my mom and dad, almost always reveling in a victory on the way home although people would always complain about “boring“ football, (do you remember when Michigan used to be people 70 to 14 with eight pass attempts a game LOL?) etc. I miss my mom and dad so much, and there are a few places in my life where I feel the closest to them. One of them is Michigan Stadium, another is Anna Maria Island Florida. I think about coming to games with my girlfriends in groups, and then boyfriends and husband and new Michigan friends, and then moving one son and two years later moving another son into the dorms at Michigan and seeing them on football Saturdays. I think about Bob Ufer, who was a certified nut, but who I grew up with and loved a whole lot. I think about Bo. I think about winning with integrity and losing with dignity. And the players! So many wonderful players; so many wonderful kids.

This is all wrapped up now with thinking about people we have lost due to a worldwide pandemic, the whole world standing still, quarantines and masks and horrible news videos with chilled trucks outside hospitals taking away the bodies; Caskets lining the streets in little towns in Italy where my daughter-in-law‘s family still live, or did live. No work, no school, no fun activities, and sometimes no hope. None of us could have ever imagined such a time.

But we humans do survive, sometimes better for the challenge, sometimes tragically traumatized forever, but we do go on. So today the tears are going to flow big-time because we have survived, and something that some people cannot understand about me but all of you do, is that today is a very important day because I’m going “home” to Michigan and Michigan football.

I am very, very grateful. And if you think of me at all today in section 20, row 51, think of me when the band comes out and when the team comes out and jumps up and touches that banner, and know that I will be smiling with tears streaming down my face and I will be saying a little prayer to my Father in heaven, “thank you for seeing us through.“ And of course it’s not over yet, but it’s college game day baby, and we are here!!

GO BLUE!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News