ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread Sat Dec 13 @Boston College

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
9-6 with a big road would feel much better than 8-7 going into a GLI in which several key players will be missing.

Kind of a must win if you ask me. I really like our new lines...think it could be the deepest we've been offensively in past 3 years. But, still think our defense needs to mature and goaltending has to continue to play well. The power play looks much improved, but I still think we need to be a bit more aggressive in the penalty kill...we tend to watch the puck too much.

Having watched the past few games intently, I feel this team could really make a deep run if the back end can grow and Nags finds his inner Turco.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Tonight...

Family business will occupy my time, so feel free to update the score here.

Here's what I say on the topic of "must win"

Every game in the NCAA season is a must-win. As we found out last year - 1 more win at any time during the entire season would have had us in the NCAA tournament.

Re: Here's what I say on the topic of "must win"

Of course, all games are vital. To me, "must win" means all is lost if the game is lost.

Sometimes this team has sludge in their skates and looks very slow

Too many times we are watching the puck in our own zone

Not checking enough, and not skating fast = not a good outcome.

Need to regroup at intermission.

Good game, BC is very young, but highly skilled. M skated hard, heavy checking, but a little slow coming out of their own zone. The difference was BC's dmen jumping into the play and scoring. M is very young team and as your dmen get better you will be back battling for every trophy.

Thanks for the post. That scenario sounds pretty familiar this season. Good luck in the Beanpot.

BC is looking to tie BU's record of 6 straight Beanpot Titles. Michigan winning 10 straight GLI is amazing! Where did this Michigan Tech team come from this year? Good luck the Wolverines in the GLI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT