ADVERTISEMENT

From Convos W/Lawyer Buckeyes In-Law

h2owolverine

All-League
Oct 16, 2005
Cincinnati
www.moose.team
Have been on vacation the last week with the in-laws and they are all Buckeye grads, from undergrad to law school grads - lots of Buckeye degrees to go around. 3 of whom are lawyers. Some connections with some connected people, but not a lot of true insight of the inner workings. But here are some tidbits gleaned from a legal perspective / Buckeye faithful perspective.

1. None of them think Urban will be fired. 4 game suspension has been the max. With 1 to 2 game suspension the common theme.
2. They have made a point about the whole Brett wrote a story about an arrest, asked a question about that arrest, and then changed the story to not say arrest. To which Urban answered about making up a story. - They say its a journalist with an axe to grind. Hes looking to make up a story where there is none.
3. They all agree that ZS is a POS and should have been fired. But they say he was fired because he broke the law in May. They do not seem to be concerned with whatever happened in 2015 as a reason to fire him.
3A. The reason they are not concerned is that Ohio requires the police officer to move forward with charges of DV if there is evidence of it. Even if the victim does not want to press charges, the wording in the Ohio code is "the police SHALL" - so they are required to do so. So this means (to them) that there was nothing in 2015 that would have been an issue to ZS, and therefore no issues with Urban keeping him on. If there was something then, and nothing was filed, they believe it to be a police coverup. Not on Urban.
4. Not really interested / concerned / etc about the conundrum created by this:
A. 2015 incident is reported to police / Urban
B. Urban reports this up the ladder.
C. Urban is placed on Admin. Leave - by the same admin to whom he reported incident - so that the same admin can find out what happened and who knew what.
D. Urban admitting he knew in 2015 about something and denying any knowledge of this 2015 incident at media day is because of a reporter with an axe to grind.
5. None of them think Urban should be fired.
6. Only my wife thinks Urban is shady and not a quality dude.
7. They made fun of the rally yesterday.

This has made for some odd conversations along this trip. Still have a week to go, but wow. They really have some scarlet and gray tinted glasses.

I continue to reference a few points from my end:
1. Harbaugh immediately kicked Nate Johnson off the team when he knocked out the girl on the WP team. And immediately offered any support of his to that family. This would have been a deal breaker for me ever supporting anything from Michigan if Harbaugh handles this the other way.
2. As a coach myself, having people in a position of influence over kids is something I take very seriously. This is not a hobby. This is a profession. When you show you are not willing to take this seriously and you beat up on women - you have lost the honor of being a coach.
3. When you cover up for the dude(s) that do stuff like this, you are just as bad. I have fired a coach for less than this. And no files need to be charged to be fired in my opinion.

So theres all that.

Go blue. Always.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News