ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Sharp's 2015 Michigan Football Prediction 7-5

Kudos to harbaugh and his turnaround jobs. Call me when he wins a championship somewhere.

Thank God the season is only 17 days away. We'll actually get some empirical results on JH. Maybe he's the Man for the return to glory, maybe he is not.

But for now, you aren't wrong about the conference championship. This fact isn't wrong either: the B1G East coaches ranked by their career coaching win percentage at the FBS level: 1. Urban, 2. Dantonio, 3. Franklin, 4. Flood, 5. JH, 6. Edsall, 7. Wilson.

Again you still haven't disputed the fact that Jimmy's biggest win ever was an Orange Bowl. Urban went undefeated at Utah and won a BCS bowl his 2nd year there. It took Jimmy 3 years and the best QB since Peyton Manning just to have a winning record at Stanford. He was 4-8 then 5-7 in his first two years. If you think what Harbaugh did at Stanford sniffs how what Urb did at Utah you're smoking the good stuff. Harbaugh is a good coach and will turn UM around but he isn't on Urb or Sabans level until he wins some big games.

Wow that is some good old fashion homerism right there. Best QB since manning?? Who coached him in college again to get there?? Who recruited him?? If you want to compare the mountain west to the (then) Pac 10, keep telling yourself Urby did a better turn around job. Look I think you have one of the two best coaches in CFB right now (next to saban). I do think Harbaugh will show soon enough that he will be up there as well. But you are not proving anything except that your own BELIEF is that Urby did a better turn around job at Utah. The fact is that the conference he did that in was NOT the Pac 10

If it goes way back past 10 years then why does the B1G have 39 national champions to the SEC's 29?
Now I know you no nothing about football with this stupid statement and you ridiculous comments about Cooper and Harbaugh!! Cooper sucked as bad as Brady Hoke and worse because his teams were LOADED with talent. Now educate yourself below with the National Championships since 1960. The Big 10 winning them during Teddy Roosevelt's administration and both world wars hardly count. Who is better now? Thank you, the SEC.

SEC National Championships since 1960
1960 Ole Miss
1961 Alabama
1962 LSU
1962 Ole Miss
1964 Alabama
1965 Alabama
1966 Alabama
1967 Tennessee
1968 Georgia
1973 Alabama
1975 Alabama
1977 Alabama
1978 Alabama
1979 Alabama
1980 Georgia
1983 Auburn
1984 Florida
1992 Alabama
1993 Auburn
1996 Florida
1998 Tennessee
2003 LSU
Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama

Big 10 National Championships since 1960
Minnesota & 1 other
1961 Ohio State & 1 other
1965 Michigan State & 1 other
1966 Michigan State & 1 other
1968 Ohio State
1970 Ohio State & 2 others
1997 Michigan & 1 other
2002 Ohio State
2014 Ohio State

This is fantastic because I now see a UM fan only going back so far to make a point. I really hope I never hear the "who has the most wins of all time" spiel from you or the "what's the all time rivalry record". Now educate yourself on all time national championships, http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/yo...-the-most-cfb-national-titles.html/?a=viewall You do realize that Nebraska is in the big ten right? Or do you only watch the SEC network? After that you can educate yourself on Cooper who had more wins at OSU than Hoke does in his entire career. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cooper_(American_football). How old are you and when did you start watching football. To even compare hoke and Cooper is a huge joke.

I said the SEC was much better a few years ago but we are talking about right now. They haven't won one for the last two years. Are they still the best... probably but it's getting closer. That is my point and it was proven last year in the bowls. Bama who is the king of the SEC has lost their last two bowl games. Again INDIANA BEAT MISSOURI LAST YEAR AND MISSOURI WAS IN THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!
Now I know you no nothing about football with this stupid statement and you ridiculous comments about Cooper and Harbaugh!! Cooper sucked as bad as Brady Hoke and worse because his teams were LOADED with talent. Now educate yourself below with the National Championships since 1960. The Big 10 winning them during Teddy Roosevelt's administration and both world wars hardly count. Who is better now? Thank you, the SEC.

1960 Ole Miss
1961 Alabama
1962 LSU
1962 Ole Miss
1964 Alabama
1965 Alabama
1966 Alabama
1967 Tennessee
1968 Georgia
1973 Alabama
1975 Alabama
1977 Alabama
1978 Alabama
1979 Alabama
1980 Georgia
1983 Auburn
1984 Florida
1992 Alabama
1993 Auburn
1996 Florida
1998 Tennessee
2003 LSU
Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama

Minnesota & 1 other
1968 Ohio State
1997 Michigan & 1 other
2002 Ohio State
2014 Ohio State

Last edited:
The Nebraska NC's cannot be counted as a Big 10 team. They were NOT part of the Big 10 then Just like Penn State in 1986. Please stop harping on Indiana beating Missouri. Missouri's path to the SEC championship was pure luck because the other teams beat the hell out of each other as the Tigers slipped in. What happened to them in the SEC championship game? They were demolished. One last time. If OSU played in the SEC then they would average at least two-three losses per year. Don't try to throw Michigan in there either because they sucked the past 7 years. Carr completely outcoached Urban Meyer in his last game as the Wolverine head coach and that is a fact. Prior to that, Michigan had a fantastic record against their SEC bowl opponents including Alabama. Then, Miss State, Bama crushed them in the dark ages 2007-2014. Like it or not, prior to the Big 10 victories last year, Michigan was the only true Big 10 team that played well against the SEC in their bowl games. Playing against the Pac 10 is another matter where the Big 10 was consistently thumped in the Rose Bowl for many years. Penn State joining the Big 10 in the 90's was great and so was Nebraska just recently but these two programs did their winning outisde of the Big 10 Conference. Prior to last couple of years, I was sick of watching OSU dominate a weak Big 10 and then get embarassed in their bowl game against the SEC especially. The Bucks were finally due to win a big one last year. This year, Auburn, LSU and Texas A&M will be very good. Ole Miss, Bama once again and Tennessee is finally back and could win the SEC East. Murders' Row when it comes to football and you have to throw the Cocks in there because Steve Spurrier is one the best period. There is a strong rumor right now that Clemson, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech may be joining the SEC. if that is so then holy sh*t what a conference. Notre Dame should have joined the Big 10 but they are bunch of wussies. They play in Clemson this year and the Tigers will send the Irish back to South Bend with a good ole arse whipping.

LMAO they don't count for the B1G cause you say so?? What the hell does their winning championships before they joined the conference have to do with the strength of the conference now? Just like what the hell does the 1960's have to do with the strength of the conference now. You're having a serious struggle keeping up. Those teams are in the B1G now therefore teams in the B1G have so many championships. I can't type slower for you to keep up.
The Nebraska NC's cannot be counted as a Big 10 team. They were NOT part of the Big 10 then Just like Penn State in 1986. Please stop harping on Indiana beating Missouri. Missouri's path to the SEC championship was pure luck because the other teams beat the hell out of each other as the Tigers slipped in. What happened to them in the SEC championship game? They were demolished. One last time. If OSU played in the SEC then they would average at least two-three losses per year. Don't try to throw Michigan in there either because they sucked the past 7 years. Carr completely outcoached Urban Meyer in his last game as the Wolverine head coach and that is a fact. Prior to that, Michigan had a fantastic record against their SEC bowl opponents including Alabama. Then, Miss State, Bama crushed them in the dark ages 2007-2014. Like it or not, prior to the Big 10 victories last year, Michigan was the only true Big 10 team that played well against the SEC in their bowl games. Playing against the Pac 10 is another matter where the Big 10 was consistently thumped in the Rose Bowl for many years. Penn State joining the Big 10 in the 90's was great and so was Nebraska just recently but these two programs did their winning outisde of the Big 10 Conference. Prior to last couple of years, I was sick of watching OSU dominate a weak Big 10 and then get embarassed in their bowl game against the SEC especially. The Bucks were finally due to win a big one last year. This year, Auburn, LSU and Texas A&M will be very good. Ole Miss, Bama once again and Tennessee is finally back and could win the SEC East. Murders' Row when it comes to football and you have to throw the Cocks in there because Steve Spurrier is one the best period. There is a strong rumor right now that Clemson, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech may be joining the SEC. if that is so then holy sh*t what a conference.

How exactly are Nebraska and Penn State contributing to the strength of the Big 10 right now? I am lost with this one? They won their championships as NON Members of the Big 10 period. The list I compiled earlier dingbat is from ESPN who DID NOT COUNT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS WON OUTSIDE OF THE CONFERENCE THEY JOINED YEARS LATER. Also, if you don't like looking at the 1960's then look at the SEC NC's in 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012. Is this enough for you? Also, you keep harping on Michigan fans for loving their history and now you want to throw the HISTORY of their victories into your delusional argument that the SEC is really not that good because they play close to home or won't schedule a tough game (which is bullshit). If you want to use Michgan's history then YES Michigan also has MORE victories over OSU in the history of the series. Michigan leads, 58–46–6.
We have also beaten the SEC more times than you have. You are still a LONGGGGGG way from evening out the rivalry series and with Harbaugh in Ann Arbor it will make it even longer. But, coaching does not matter remember, Harbaugh's Stanford team that beat Pete Carrol's Trojans had much better recruits on their team. Michigan has 11 national titles in football and Ohio State has 8 national titles. Also, the shared national titles are not counted as out right titles so you can't claim the 1997 Michigan National Championship they shared with Nebraska. Or, you can count it as one whole national championship since in your logic, Nebraska (which joined the Big 10 many years later) is now a member so the Big 10 can claim it as one since both teams are NOW in the same conference. In the end, the Wolverines may have been down for 7 years and you may have a run over them in the past 15 years, however, that is about to change over the next few years and this year can't be thrown out as the game is in AA. Regardless of the UM game, I still stand firm on the fact that you would lose two games even this year in the SEC. Too tough week in and week out to go undefeated.

Last edited:
Nebraska and Penn State contribute to the strength of the B1G right now BECAUSE THEY'RE IN THE B1G RIGHT NOW LOL!! I have been talking about the strength of the conference right now aka the players/coaches right now. You waffle back and forth about best conference right now by using history so I respond with historical info then you try talking about current teams which the SEC hasn't won it the last two years. I have been trying to discuss the quality of the conferences TODAY not over the past 50 years. Which is why I continuously bring up this past season because it's the most recent. You try to say that last years victory doesn't mean the B1G is gaining on the SEC, that's exactly what it means. We beat Bama and the team we beat 59-0 beat Auburn. TCU embarrassed Ole Miss, Miss St lost to Georgia Tech. If the big dogs of the SEC come back and beat up on everyone this year and they win the championship then they will be head and shoulders better than everyone else. Currently it doesn't look like they're way better than everyone else.
How exactly are Nebraska and Penn State contributing to the strength of the Big 10 right now? I am lost with this one? They won their championships as NON Members of the Big 10 period. The list I compiled earlier dingbat is from ESPN who DID NOT COUNT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS WON OUTSIDE OF THE CONFERENCE THEY JOINED YEARS LATER. Also, if you don't like looking at the 1960's then look at the SEC NC's in 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012. Is this enough for you? Also, you keep harping on Michigan fans for loving their history and now you want to throw the HISTORY of their victories into your delusional argument that the SEC is really not that good because they play close to home or won't schedule a tough game (which is bullshit). If you want to use Michgan's history then YES Michigan also has MORE victories over OSU in the history of the series. Michigan leads, 58–46–6.
We have also beaten the SEC more times than you have. You are still a LONGGGGGG way from evening out the rivalry series and with Harbaugh in Ann Arbor it will make it even longer. But, coaching does not matter remember, Harbaugh's Stanford team that beat Pete Carrol's Trojans had much better recruits on their team.

You would lose 2 in the SEC this year, next year, and the year after that. Ask your coach. He coached in the SEC and then fled when Saban's Tide began surging over his Gators. He has done excellent in a conference that has been weak overall during his tenure with the exception of MSU. Nebraska is going nowhere with Riley, PSU is still and will continue to reel over the Sandusky bullshit, Wisconsin can't stay consistent with constant coaching changes, Minnesota hit their ceiling last year. Harbaugh's arrival in AA is a bigger story than Meyer's return to coaching because Michigan will be good under him period. MSU will stay consistent under Dicktonio (Tressel's dirty disciple) When the Big 10 can rip off the amount of football championships like the southern boys have done AND will continue to do then you can talk smack. One victory in your 3-10 record against the SEC means very little my friend. I do wonder what Urby's reaction will be when Michigan soon begins challenging OSU year after year like Saban did to him in Florida? Will he jump ship again? time will tell.

All of this is simply you're biased opinion. Urb told Vonn Bell he could go play for Saban but he'd be seeing him anyway. Michigan will win more games but Harbaugh's only got one Orange bowl and an NFL semifinal win to hang his hat on, and before you try using the NFL remember that Saban was terrible in it. So who knows if Harbaugh can win the big one. You need to look up the word objectivity because you have none. You have nothing backing the opinion that OSU would lose two in the SEC this year I repeat nothing. Would you care to wager who has more first round picks in the draft after this season. I'll take OSU and you can have any SEC team you want. Urb won two while he was in your "untouchable" conference with a loaded team and he has one again this year. You also realize that Urb is recruiting better than the whole SEC right now. Belonging to this site I hope you understand the direct correlation between recruiting and winning it all. Sparty will be good and they're recruiting well, Jimmy will have UM winning games, PSU is less affected by the Sandusky stuff than you think, Wisconsin will be a question due to changes (only thing I agree with you about) and OSU will be elite. This is going to change by February but currently there are 4 B1G teams in the top 10 recruiting and 3 SEC. If you wanna use anything to foreshadow that's where you should look.

You would lose 2 in the SEC this year, next year, and the year after that. Ask your coach. He coached in the SEC and then fled when Saban's Tide began surging over his Gators. He has done excellent in a conference that has been weak overall during his tenure with the exception of MSU. Nebraska is going nowhere with Riley, PSU is still and will continue to reel over the Sandusky bullshit, Wisconsin can't stay consistent with constant coaching changes, Minnesota hit their ceiling last year. Harbaugh's arrival in AA is a bigger story than Meyer's return to coaching because Michigan will be good under him period. MSU will stay consistent under Dicktonio (Tressel's dirty disciple) When the Big 10 can rip off the amount of football championships like the southern boys have done AND will continue to do then you can talk smack. One victory in your 3-10 record against the SEC means very little my friend. I do wonder what Urby's reaction will be when Michigan soon begins challenging OSU year after year like Saban did to him in Florida? Will he jump ship again? time will tell.

1960 Ole Miss
1961 Alabama
1962 LSU
1962 Ole Miss
1964 Alabama
1965 Alabama
1966 Alabama
1967 Tennessee
1968 Georgia
1973 Alabama
1975 Alabama
1977 Alabama
1978 Alabama
1979 Alabama
1980 Georgia
1983 Auburn
1984 Florida
1992 Alabama
1993 Auburn
1996 Florida
1998 Tennessee
2003 LSU
Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama

Minnesota & 1 other
1968 Ohio State
1997 Michigan & 1 other
2002 Ohio State
2014 Ohio State

Where did this list come from? On what planet did Auburn win the 1993 national title?

Last edited:
Reactions: MarlingtonBuckeye

Actually that victory means a lot, given it was in the post season, with national title implications, against the #1 team in the country, on the way to a dominant national title game victory.

That type of win holds more weight than some random mid-season win against Vanderbilt, you know.

Lastly, Harbaugh may indeed do good things at Michigan, but after hearing you guys talk big after RichRod and Hoke....it's a little like the boy who cried wolf

Last edited:
It was a mistake indeed because FSU (another southern school won the championship that year). Stiil does not take away the fact that the Bucks would lose 2 in the SEC each year. a NC in 2002 and 2014 does not make you elite and look at the gap of the Big 10 NC's. Wow! and Urban recruiting better than the SEC. LOL. put down the bong and Natural Light.

Last edited:
It was a mistake indeed because FSU (another southern school won the championship that year). Stiil does not take away the fact that the Bucks would lose 2 in the SEC each year. a NC in 2002 and 2014 does not make you elite and look at the gap of the Big 10 NC's. Wow! and Urban recruiting better than the SEC. LOL. put down the bong and Natural Light.

yeah you're right. 2 national titles, best winning % of any Power 5 school, most BCS wins , and being defending national championship is not a good argument at all that Ohio State has been an elite team as of late.

Also agree that Urbans recruiting (according to Rivals his classes have been: #4, #2, #3, #9, #1 currently) has not ben up to SEC standards

Last edited:
Glad we agree on these things Joe Dirt. At least 2 losses once again

Damn its nice OSU smoked its opponent in the national title game by 2 touchdowns (despite giving away 4 TO's).....makes it easy to roll ones eyes at comments like yours

Last edited:
Damn its nice OSU smoked its opponent in the national title game by 2 touchdowns (despite giving away 4 TO's).....makes it easy to roll ones eyes at comments like yours

Makes it nicer when you come to the Michigan board to tell us. Sounds like someone's got a little Harbaugh on their mind. It's ok, you should.

Glad we agree on these things Joe Dirt. At least 2 losses once again
Are you just trying to troll, because the facts make you look like a moron? If so kudos to you, you got me and a few others to bite. If you really believe this stuff then you have some of the worst homerism blinders I've ever seen. Try being just a little objective. Urb might have more first round draft picks on this team than he's ever had and he already had seasons in the SEC with less than 2 losses. If we aren't elite right now, who is?

Are you just trying to troll, because the facts make you look like a moron?

We have been going back and forth with this on this site for some time now and I can assure you that I am not a moron with football, however, you do sound cocky, arrogant and flat out ignorant making comments like you have on here bragging about the OSU win over Bama last year. No doubt, that Urban Meyer is a great coach and has dominated in his short tenure at OSU but facts are facts about the SEC. They have DOMINATED college football for many years and YES I do believe that the BIG 10 is beginning to modernize to the game but they are still not the SEC from top to bottom and the number of NC's clearly prove that. What do you not understand about that? Even Drew Sharp recognizes that. I also wonder why you are on this site so much and I wonder if the Harbaugh hire has you nervous. If not, then it should because he is a better coach than Urban Myer although their coaching paths have taken different paths. Harbaugh has WON at the PRO and college levels which is RARE and almost never happens. Ask Spurrier, Holtz and Saban about that. Also , Myer has won at programs that have been successful before he got there. Utah did not play a tough schedule when he was there, Florida is ALWAYS LOADED with talent and so is OSU. No doubt though that Meyer is a great coach but Harbaugh will win big at Michigan too and they will be better than you think this year. If he won at Stanford then he an win at Michigan. I believe you have a hangover from last year and now its over. I can also assure you that an SEC team will be in the mix once again this year if not two. The RECORDED years after years of NC's by southern teams is a reality. Go back to your site and jab with your brethren about your upcoming game with VT because Blacksburg is a tough place to play. This is the final post by me to you because your statements and logic are flat out stupid. Have a nice season.

Harbaughs biggest victory of his career is an Orange Bowl though so it's not like he's got this fantastic resume. Harbaughs resume looks like Coopers from Ohio State, won a bunch of games with very little to show for it.
You're actually comparing the talent levels between OSU and Stanford? Put Cooper at the helm of Stanford and Harbaugh at OSU's and let's see who does better.

I'll give you a hint: not Cooper

Saying Harbaugh is a better coach than Meyer is 100% your opinion because everything on Meyers resume says he's had more success. I never said Harbaugh sucked, I said I believe the ceiling for UM this year is 9-3. You however keep using what the SEC has done in the past as the predictor for what's ahead of us. Basically it would be like me saying that UCLA has a better basketball program right now than Kentucky and Duke because they have more championships. Everyone knows Duke and Kentucky have better bball than UCLA right now. The only past you can base your predictions on for the foreseeable future is the very recent aka last season and the season or two before that. I said that I believe the SEC still has the best conference but they aren't leaps and bounds ahead of all the other conferences anymore. The gap is closing and the south doesn't wanna admit it.
We have been going back and forth with this on this site for some time now and I can assure you that I am not a moron with football, however, you do sound cocky, arrogant and flat out ignorant making comments like you have on here bragging about the OSU win over Bama last year. No doubt, that Urban Meyer is a great coach and has dominated in his short tenure at OSU but facts are facts about the SEC. They have DOMINATED college football for many years and YES I do believe that the BIG 10 is beginning to modernize to the game but they are still not the SEC from top to bottom and the number of NC's clearly prove that. What do you not understand about that? Even Drew Sharp recognizes that. I also wonder why you are on this site so much and I wonder if the Harbaugh hire has you nervous. If not, then it should because he is a better coach than Urban Myer although their coaching paths have taken different paths. Harbaugh has WON at the PRO and college levels which is RARE and almost never happens. Ask Spurrier, Holtz and Saban about that. Also , Myer has won at programs that have been successful before he got there. Utah did not play a tough schedule when he was there, Florida is ALWAYS LOADED with talent and so is OSU. No doubt though that Meyer is a great coach but Harbaugh will win big at Michigan too and they will be better than you think this year. If he won at Stanford then he an win at Michigan. I believe you have a hangover from last year and now its over. I can also assure you that an SEC team will be in the mix once again this year if not two. The RECORDED years after years of NC's by southern teams is a reality. Go back to your site and jab with your brethren about your upcoming game with VT because Blacksburg is a tough place to play. This is the final post by me to you because your statements and logic are flat out stupid. Have a nice season.

You're actually comparing the talent levels between OSU and Stanford? Put Cooper at the helm of Stanford and Harbaugh at OSU's and let's see who does better.

I'll give you a hint: not Cooper
Cooper has a couple decent bowl victories under his belt which is more than Harbaugh right now but what big game has Jimmy won in his career as a coach? The Orange Bowl is his biggest career win. It's bigger than a semifinal game in the NFL.

MarlingtonBuck - why do you care so much about the comparison anyway? Harbaugh was the most sought after coach in the NFL - by a mile. The Jets, Bears, Raiders all had him as a top priority. Harbaugh has had success at both levels. Yes he had a great bowl win at Stanford after only coaching for 4 years and taking a team that was 1-11. Did Urban inherit a 1-11 team??? Wait, let me check my stats. Urban is a fantastic college football coach and when it comes to college football, Urban and Saban are the top of the class right now because all their success has always and only been in CFB. Harbaugh on the other hand is one of only about 5-6 coaches every that has been successful at both the NFL and college. Now from a college perspective - his body of work is too short at a major school (only 4 years) so only time will tell. Don't forget that he inherited a 6-10 49ers team that was one bone-headed play from being the Super Bowl.

Honestly I don't really care what you think our ceiling is. I was very envious when Urban accepted the OSU job because he is a great coach. I think a lot of MSU and OSU fans are likely nervous with JH coming to Michigan as well - it basically means that Michigan won't be an easy game like it has been the past 7 years for most BIG teams. Both great coaches, both will do well.

You are someone that I could talk sports with and have fun jabbing at about the rivalry. Glad to see an objective UM fan. Obviously you saw that I never said Harbaugh was a bad coach, hell I think he was by far the best possible candidate you all could have gotten. I'm just sick of reading comments all over twitter and message boards bragging that he is better than Meyer. He doesn't have near the resume that Meyer, Saban, or Stoops have but that doesn't mean he won't make strides towards them. Many of the non objective UM fans are so sick and tired of taking a pounding that this hire has them acting like they've already won a national championship. Everyone knows it was a quality hire, how quality will be determined on the field.
MarlingtonBuck - why do you care so much about the comparison anyway? Harbaugh was the most sought after coach in the NFL - by a mile. The Jets, Bears, Raiders all had him as a top priority. Harbaugh has had success at both levels. Yes he had a great bowl win at Stanford after only coaching for 4 years and taking a team that was 1-11. Did Urban inherit a 1-11 team??? Wait, let me check my stats. Urban is a fantastic college football coach and when it comes to college football, Urban and Saban are the top of the class right now because all their success has always and only been in CFB. Harbaugh on the other hand is one of only about 5-6 coaches every that has been successful at both the NFL and college. Now from a college perspective - his body of work is too short at a major school (only 4 years) so only time will tell. Don't forget that he inherited a 6-10 49ers team that was one bone-headed play from being the Super Bowl.

Honestly I don't really care what you think our ceiling is. I was very envious when Urban accepted the OSU job because he is a great coach. I think a lot of MSU and OSU fans are likely nervous with JH coming to Michigan as well - it basically means that Michigan won't be an easy game like it has been the past 7 years for most BIG teams. Both great coaches, both will do well.

Winning a BCS bowl at Utah is a greater accomplishment than anything Jimmy has done.

100% your opinion, and not true at all. The mountain west is a joke so it was easy for Utah to go through all those cream puffs. Mountain west does not equal the then Pac 10.

Harbaugh's resume is light years ahead of copper (joke of a coach really) and the NFC championship could be looked at as a bigger victory than any BCS victory...by ANY coach

I said the BCS bowl win not the conference schedule. I'm sorry but nobody remembers the winner of the semifinal game unless the guy coaches your team. A major bowl win and an NFC championship game is very debatable. Urbans resume and Jimmy's are not. Like I said in a previous post though, Jimmy can make strides towards it.
100% your opinion, and not true at all. The mountain west is a joke so it was easy for Utah to go through all those cream puffs. Mountain west does not equal the then Pac 10.

Harbaugh's resume is light years ahead of copper (joke of a coach really) and the NFC championship could be looked at as a bigger victory than any BCS victory...by ANY coach

I said the BCS bowl win not the conference schedule. I'm sorry but nobody remembers the winner of the semifinal game unless the guy coaches your team. A major bowl win and an NFC championship game is very debatable. Urbans resume and Jimmy's are not. Like I said in a previous post though, Jimmy can make strides towards it.

I understand you said the BCS bowl win. But what I was getting at was the road that Utah took to get to that BCS bowl in the first place. The bowl is just one game...the way the team got there is the most important.

As I said previously, you guys have one of the two best coaches in the country. I don't argue that one bit. Harbaugh hasn't been in CFB enough to have a similar resume. But his track record says that he has a great chance to have tons of success to get in that discussion. Yes, time will certainly tell. But the odds are in his favor. Now let's start the season.

Yea Andrew Luck and Richard Sherman wouldn't start for OSU.
Knock it off - now you're clutching at straws. I meant across the board - but of course you knew that

Are you saying that generally speaking the talent of both teams are on the same level? If you switched rosters last year, would OSU have won the nc?

Please say yes. Because that would be great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT