ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Updates On Top Remaining 2021 Targets

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I'm close to putting in a FutureCast pick in favor of Michigan for four-star Reisterstown (Md.) Franklin safety Daymon David. Like I recently reported, Oklahoma is out of the picture, and Michigan has a grand opportunity in front of it. A source close to the David camp told me that Michigan has the edge right now, and that U-M's sell on DB production has him extremely excited. However, Oregon is making a huge surge and is now right up there with Michigan. Boston College has ties in this recruitment and is a threat, but I'm told David likes the idea of playing on a bigger stage. Michigan State is getting more involved, but I'm not really worried about the Spartans right now. David may make a decision as soon as next month.

*** Michigan wants another cornerback this cycle and recently dished out an offer to Kamari Lassiter out of Tuscaloosa (Ala.) American Christian. Auburn is making Lassiter a top priority and may be the favorite. The Tigers still have a big need at the corner position. Georgia is still actively recruiting him but has others on the board, and the same goes for Clemson. Lassiter is looking to make a decision soon, so I'm not too optimistic about U-M's chances in this one. Unless those schools back off, it's going to be hard for Michigan to pull him from the south.

*** Lastly, the Drew Kendall saga continues. I recently wrote that the Rivals100 Boston (Mass.) Noble & Greenough offensive lineman wanted to make his decision before mid-September. Nothing has changed on that front other than he's said he wants to make a decision next week. Obviously, we've heard that line before. Look, I do expect a decision to come before that mid-September marker, whether it's next week or not. There is nothing else really new to report. Michigan is continuing to recruit him hard, and the Boston College pressure remains constant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News