ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting National still feels good about Phillip Wright...

"Four-star Destrehan (La.) High speedster WR Phillip Wright III is set to come off the board next week on July 13. The Louisiana pass-catcher will choose from Georgia, Michigan and LSU, and the Rivals FutureCast is already trending in favor of the Wolverines. Wright officially visited Michigan and then Georgia over the final two weekends of June after working out and unofficially visiting LSU earlier in the month.

Michigan has landed a pair of four-star commitments from The Boot in this 2025 cycle after signing four total from Louisiana in the Rivals era. Wright is another step closer to possible history in Ann Arbor."

Doesn't look promising for JaDon Blair, though, as it looks like Notre Dame for him.

Recruiting Michigan TE commit Eli Owens: 'There isn't anywhere better to be'

"I basically told everybody (the other recruits on campus for the weekend of June 21) that we have the best education, the best coaching and the best facilities, and we are overall just the best."

Michigan class of 2025 TE commit Eli Owens has become an active recruiter for Michigan football.

He discusses those efforts and goes in-depth on his official visit to Ann Arbor:

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; UM's season floor & ceiling

Former Wolverine Jim Scarcelli joins the show and discusses recruiting, plays run per team & the floor plus ceiling of this years football team. In the floor & celing segment Scarcelli talks about the different combinations of QB's UM could use this year.
Breakdown
Open 00:00-4:32
Recruiting rankings 4:33-14:48
Recruiting targets 14:49-18:38
Plays run per team in CFB 18:39-31:48
Wink & blitzing 31:49-36:10
Floor & ceiling 36:11-56:50
Login to view embedded media

Baseball transfer

Collin Priest, the freshman baseball player who hit a Michigan record eight home runs, is transferring to Clemson.

From what I understand, Michigan offered a partial scholarship last year and then asked his family to pay the balance using the out-of-state tuition instead of giving them a break and using in-state pricing. I have no idea if it's some law that they have to do that, but It put quite a strain on the family, and with his outstanding performance on the field, other opportunities have presented themselves. Apparently, the athletic department has done little financially to encourage him to stay, so he'll be taking his swings at Clemson next year.

I should have more information down the road, and when I do, I'll let you know.

Of course, this is coming from his perspective, and the story always has two sides.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT