ADVERTISEMENT

HARBAUGH'S FIRST YEAR

Must be they can. Look at their results. Good luck with wacko jimmah! So far so bad.
So far so bad? Being a 'tard must suck. Good evaluation as we haven't played any games yet.
Interesting that so many spartoons feel the need to come to a UM site and tell us how they're not worried about Harbaugh. Which means they're worried about Harbaugh...

Reactions: A2maizeandblue
So far so bad? Being a 'tard must suck. Good evaluation as we haven't played any games yet.
Interesting that so many spartoons feel the need to come to a UM site and tell us how they're not worried about Harbaugh. Which means they're worried about Harbaugh...
Not worried. Paybacks are a bitch, right?

Pretty sure that if Dantonio went to the NFL he would be outstanding at that level. Hard to argue that Harbaugh was a better college coach than Dantonio. Like to see that object and fact based argument. No way.
But whereas we have proof of Harbaugh's success in the NFL, you have....

...nothing.

But I'm sure Dantonio would have had 7 rings by now, and his phone is ringing off the hook with offers from the league pleading for his services.

...nothing.

But I'm sure Dantonio would have had 7 rings by now, and his phone is ringing off the hook with offers from the league pleading for his services.
Yes you do have proof. His stay in San Fran ended so well as it did in his previous coaching jobs. He went out a winner, right?

The relevance of Harbaugh's NFL experience is if he can parlay that into his recruiting. The college and NFL game is so different in how you attain players, the quality of athletes, the time spent on football, the different types of offenses and defenses, the time allowed to be with players, and the change over in personnel year to year, etc...

Harbaugh's a good coach, but time will tell on how successful he will be at Michigan.

...nothing.

You believe it matters that Harbaugh was successful in most of his NFL career but it is over rated with recruits. The only like comparison we can make is at the college level with Dantonio. Dantonio wins that comparison.

Fear? How's recruiting going for him? Dantonio's killing it in case you live in a cave. UM looking at maybe 6-6 season with some luck. The big fish are not jumping into the boat. He's too freaking weird.
Killing it? Sure. How do you define killing it?

Pretty sure that if Dantonio went to the NFL he would be outstanding at that level. Hard to argue that Harbaugh was a better college coach than Dantonio. Like to see that objective and fact based argument. No way.
Well, so long as you're pretty sure..... LOL. Fool.

You believe it matters that Harbaugh was successful in most of his NFL career but it is over rated with recruits. The only like comparison we can make is at the college level with Dantonio. Dantonio wins that comparison.
Not sure how he wins that argument. They both did a great job turning around crappy programs. Difference is JH left and had huge success in the NFL while MD continued his college success. There first four years are very comparable.

Killing it? Sure. How do you define killing it?
Not sure how he wins that argument. They both did a great job turning around crappy programs. Difference is JH left and had huge success in the NFL while MD continued his college success. There first four years are very comparable.
Being asked to leave after a couple under achieving seasons with a very underachieving QB is not being hugely successful in the NFL. Yes, he did make it to a Super Bowl. I'll give him congrats for that.

Being asked to leave after a couple under achieving seasons with a very underachieving QB is not being hugely successful in the NFL. Yes, he did make it to a Super Bowl. I'll give him congrats for that.
He went to the NFC championship game 3 out of 4 years and a trip to the super bowl. He took over a 49ers team that was a wreck. I think he also had one of the best NFL records for a coaches first four seasons. Anyone that wants to down play his achievements in the NFL is a complete idiot.

Reactions: christopher.rpegg
He went to the NFC championship game 3 out of 4 years and a trip to the super bowl. He took over a 49ers team that was a wreck. I think he also had one of the best NFL records for a coaches first four seasons. Anyone that wants to down play his achievements in the NFL is a complete idiot.
But he wasn't asked back. Harbought wears out his welcome everywhere he goes. The 49ers were terrible last year and so was his QB. Thought Harbought was a QB guru. What's your excuse?

But he wasn't asked back. Harbought wears out his welcome everywhere he goes. The 49ers were terrible last year and so was his QB. Thought Harbought was a QB guru. What's your excuse?
Every where he goes? Or did he just have a conflict with ownership/management at the 49ers? Stanford certainly wasn't happy he left.

And why do I need an excuse? His qb had an off year. Big freaking deal. Quit being such a drama queen. Is dantonio less of a coach because he had a crap 7-6 season a few years ago? Or does your logic only apply to UM?

Every where he goes? Or did he just have a conflict with ownership/management at the 49ers? Stanford certainly wasn't happy he left.

And why do I need an excuse? His qb had an off year. Big freaking deal. Quit being such a drama queen. Is dantonio less of a coach because he had a crap 7-6 season a few years ago? Or does your logic only apply to UM?
For UM's sake, hope you're right. I have my doubts.

9-3. Michigan has talent right now as Brady recruited well. The big question is at QB. Ruddock's leadership and experience leads the Wolverines to a very good season this year. One of the wins will be against MSU or OSU
Agree...only add wide receiver to the hole that we potentially have.

Hahaha. Listen to the fear! Danantonio will be in for quite a rude awakening this year...

Exactly. And if that 'rude awaking' isn't this year, it'll surely come in 2016. But it doesn't happen in 2016, then 2017 for sure. But if not 2017, definitely 2018. But ...

MSU will never be looked at as a dominant force.

Pretty sure MSU is already looked at as a dominant force nationally speaking, particularly w/ 11 wins in 4 out of the last 5 seasons and back-to-back top 5 finishes. Care to venture a guess the last time that 'dominant force' of a football program, the University of Michigan, finished in the top 5 in back-to-back seasons?

Reactions: roaringfork green
Pretty sure MSU is already looked at as a dominant force nationally speaking, particularly w/ 11 wins in 4 out of the last 5 seasons and back-to-back top 5 finishes. Care to venture a guess the last time that 'dominant force' of a football program, the University of Michigan, finished in the top 5 in back-to-back seasons?

Pretty sure you're wrong (yet again). MSU is gaining respect - but they are in no way a "dominant force nationally speaking". If they were, they'd be in the NC talk track - by everyone. They're not.

Pretty sure you're wrong (yet again). MSU is gaining respect - but they are in no way a "dominant force nationally speaking". If they were, they'd be in the NC talk track - by everyone. They're not.
But we're getting closer and UM is going the other way. Thanks bone doc for stating the truth.

So how's recruiting so far with jimmah the savior?
Well, if you go by Rivals, we rank 8th in average star ranking which is pretty damn good. Not perfect, but a decent gauge.

But the reality is he is recruiting hot beds pretty hard, places Hoke and RR could never get into with top talent. Lots of kids looking at UM right now. I expect a great class by the end of the year and when we see success on the field we will have some huge classes down the road.

I'm not worried in the least.

I am a bit surprised by Harbaugh's recruiting. I expected a bit more at this point. He certainly isn't at the level of Urban Meyer or Nick Saban. He might turn it around, but I think the performance of the Michigan team over most of the last decade is holding him back. If so, the recruiting is unlikely to improve next year as the team won't be a whole lot better next season.

Reactions: roaringfork green
Keep your head buried in the sand like a true Michigan man.
Nope. Not even close. I realize this will be an uphill battle and don't expect instant results - but the results will be there.

But you keep whistling past the graveyard. It looks pretty funny with you repeating "I ain't askeered of no Jimmah" while wetting yourself.

Nope. Not even close. I realize this will be an uphill battle and don't expect instant results - but the results will be there.

But you keep whistling past the graveyard. It looks pretty funny with you repeating "I ain't askeered of no Jimmah" while wetting yourself.
Your so silly. Don't you know that Dantonio is the only coach in the world that can coach up talent? Thought you would know this by now. :)

I understand totally your anger and frustration. No worries, someday it's bound to improve. Hang in there Sunny!

I understand totally your anger and frustration. No worries, someday it's bound to improve. Hang in there Sunny!
That's the best you can come up with? You've got nothing, so you try to convince me I'm pissed somehow? Why would I be angry? I'm a Michigan fan - I'm used to farting through silk. You on the other hand, get to enjoy a somewhat short ride with Walter, er I mean Dantonio and in the end you'll be what you always have been - little brother who tries to show the big brother how important he is.

That's the best you can come up with? You've got nothing, so you try to convince me I'm pissed somehow? Why would I be angry? I'm a Michigan fan - I'm used to farting through silk. You on the other hand, get to enjoy a somewhat short ride with Walter, er I mean Dantonio and in the end you'll be what you always have been - little brother who tries to show the big brother how important he is.
Your envy is glaring big bro.

Exactly. And if that 'rude awaking' isn't this year, it'll surely come in 2016. But it doesn't happen in 2016, then 2017 for sure. But if not 2017, definitely 2018. But ...

Dr. Bone you're back! Always so great to have you here. While you are here, can you answer a few ND questions for us?

1. Will ND win the national title this year and the next three, just like they nearly did last year?

2. Will Golson win the Heisman for ND this year?

3. Will BK win another national coach of the year?

4. Do you still think that Harbaugh will never come to Michigan? I know you have been adamant that it will never happen, but just wondering if you could look into your crystal ball again to see if you get the same answer.

Always great to hear from you Dr. Bone!! It is extremely exciting to watch Brian Kelly field one of the elite 6-7 win teams every year at Notre Dame!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT