ADVERTISEMENT

HARBAUGH'S FIRST YEAR

1. Will ND win the national title this year and the next three, just like they nearly did last year?
With over 40 players out of the 44 on the offensive & defensive 2 deep from that win over LSU to end the 2014 season, I fully expect ND to compete for a spot in the 'New Years Six' bowl games & the national championship playoff. A big question mark will be the kicking game where a true freshman appears to be the starter. Tough home games vs. Georgia Tech & USC to go with difficult road games vs. Clemson & Stanford will be the biggest tests for the Irish this season.

2. Will Golson win the Heisman for ND this year?
Since Everett Golson is a member of the FSU Seminoles, I don't think he'll be the 8th ND player to win the Heisman Trophy. He will probably be in the running but doubt he wins it when it is all said & done.

3. Will BK win another national coach of the year?
No I don't think the 2012 Coach of the Year, Brian Kelly, will win the same award in 2015. If ND goes undefeated & is in the national championship playoffs, you never know, he might pull off his 3rd COY award since 2009.

4. Do you still think that Harbaugh will never come to Michigan?
Obviously your savior is already at Michigan. Unfortunately for you, it is going to take until year 3, possibly year 4, for him to be successful. By that time, he will have begun burning bridges as he does everywhere he goes. I give him 5 years.

I have a question. Will Michigan have another losing B1G season in football as they have in 5 of the last 7 years? I have them going .500 in conference play, so it'll be close.

With over 40 players out of the 44 on the offensive & defensive 2 deep from that win over LSU to end the 2014 season, I fully expect ND to compete for a spot in the 'New Years Six' bowl games & the national championship playoff. A big question mark will be the kicking game where a true freshman appears to be the starter. Tough home games vs. Georgia Tech & USC to go with difficult road games vs. Clemson & Stanford will be the biggest tests for the Irish this season.

Since Everett Golson is a member of the FSU Seminoles, I don't think he'll be the 8th ND player to win the Heisman Trophy. He will probably be in the running but doubt he wins it when it is all said & done.

No I don't think the 2012 Coach of the Year, Brian Kelly, will win the same award in 2015. If ND goes undefeated & is in the national championship playoffs, you never know, he might pull off his 3rd COY award since 2009.

Obviously your savior is already at Michigan. Unfortunately for you, it is going to take until year 3, possibly year 4, for him to be successful. By that time, he will have begun burning bridges as he does everywhere he goes. I give him 5 years.

I have a question. Will Michigan have another losing B1G season in football as they have in 5 of the last 7 years? I have them going .500 in conference play, so it'll be close.
I didn't realize he burned bridges at Stanford and they got rid of him. Hmm. Learned something new.

Do you pay PharmD to set you up so nicely? FWIW, the latest Michigan man will be working for Jerral Wayne before year 5.

Do you pay PharmD to set you up so nicely?
He is serving up meatballs that I can hit outta the park.
Cabrera_homer_8-18-13.gif

Cannot wait for the upcoming football season. Even though Coach Harbaugh has had great success in the past I am sure some recruits are waiting to see how Michigan does this coming season and how he uses
players at certain positions and how current players improve from last season. With his staff I would hope to see at least an 8-4 season. Next years recruiting will be something to behold.....
It is difficult to estimate the impact of a rigorous off-season for the O-line and having a 5th year QB that has played a lot of good football in the Big 10. Harbaugh will have three massive running backs behind an O-line that returns a bunch of starts and potential. My prediction is a bit optimistic for year one and it all begins with a win on the road at Utah...something we have struggled with...winning on the road. We will see a much better O-line and a smarter QB. Add 3 large RBs and you have the recipe for success on offense. Our largest weakness will be at WR...unless Harris gets healthy, Darboh plays consistently, and Chesson comes through. 9 - 3 or 10 - 2.

It is difficult to estimate the impact of a rigorous off-season for the O-line and having a 5th year QB that has played a lot of good football in the Big 10. Harbaugh will have three massive running backs behind an O-line that returns a bunch of starts and potential. My prediction is a bit optimistic for year one and it all begins with a win on the road at Utah...something we have struggled with...winning on the road. We will see a much better O-line and a smarter QB. Add 3 large RBs and you have the recipe for success on offense. Our largest weakness will be at WR...unless Harris gets healthy, Darboh plays consistently, and Chesson comes through. 9 - 3 or 10 - 2.

Not sure where you got the idea that Ruddock played a lot of good football, but as a fan of Iowa and having watched every single snap Ruddock took there....that's simply not the case and there is a reason he was put on the bench and named the backup

Michigan fans seemed to have conviced themselves that Ruddock is Griese 2.0.........he's not even in that ball park as a player

Also, there is nothing to suggest that your OL has much potential at this point, nor that any of those "massive RBs" are any good at all. In fact, Smith appears to be a decent Full-Back massacrading as an RB and Green seems flatout below average. Isaac is the "Great White Hope" for this position...and there is a very widely spread rumor that he's back at home and very likely to transfer to UNI (doesn't like Harbaugh at all)

The reality is, outside of a decent-but-nothing-special TE...this offense is completely and totally devoid of any proven talent and may very well be one of the worst (or the actual worst) in the entire Big10

I really wish ND got to play Michigan again this year, as I think we'd have a very strong chance to pitch Back-to-Back Shutouts

Not sure where you got the idea that Ruddock played a lot of good football, but as a fan of Iowa and having watched every single snap Ruddock took there....that's simply not the case and there is a reason he was put on the bench and named the backup

Michigan fans seemed to have conviced themselves that Ruddock is Griese 2.0.........he's not even in that ball park as a player

Also, there is nothing to suggest that your OL has much potential at this point, nor that any of those "massive RBs" are any good at all. In fact, Smith appears to be a decent Full-Back massacrading as an RB and Green seems flatout below average. Isaac is the "Great White Hope" for this position...and there is a very widely spread rumor that he's back at home and very likely to transfer to UNI (doesn't like Harbaugh at all)

The reality is, outside of a decent-but-nothing-special TE...this offense is completely and totally devoid of any proven talent and may very well be one of the worst (or the actual worst) in the entire Big10

I really wish ND got to play Michigan again this year, as I think we'd have a very strong chance to pitch Back-to-Back Shutouts
Love your post,Decker. But these Michigan men are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. They think 9-3 is doable.

Love your post,Decker. But these Michigan men are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. They think 9-3 is doable.
Enough of your nonsense. You've been treated like a red headed step child in this thread. And YOU dare call out the intelligence of others? Most of us on this board wipe our a$$ with paper more valuable than a MSU diploma...

Enough of your nonsense. You've been treated like a red headed step child in this thread. And YOU dare call out the intelligence of others? Most of us on this board wipe our a$$ with paper more valuable than a MSU diploma...
I'm really trying hard to educate, not criticize so you all won't be so disappointed by mid season. Your arrogance is not helping!

The simple reality here is this:

Michigan lacks both play-making talent and any kind of proven consistency on offense....that's not a good combo to be heading into a season with

Ruddock simply limits the offense that he plays for so signifcantly that it's very hard for the unit to perform. There is no way around this. There is a reason that Iowa's offensive ranking the last 2- years (when Ruddock was the starter) were:
Total Offense -- 66th (2014) / 85th (2013)
Scoring Offense -- 71st (2014) / 79th (2013)
Passing Offense -- 56th (2014) / 95th (2013)
Passing Efficency -- 57th (2014) / 84th (2013)
And those stats were posted against some pathetic schedules, and with the #1 OL in the 2015 NFL Draft playing LT

Ruddock can be serviceable game manager when the run game is mauling the opponent and the pass protect is near perfect....but that's his ceiling. When either of those things isn't the case, he become a massive offensive handcuff, throwing exclusively checkdowns or throw-aways....no matter what's happening on the field

Unfortunately for Michigan, Ruddock basically allows oppossing defense to crowd the box and zone in on the run game and underneath passing game, limiting both. When that's coupled with his inability to make plays down the field...the results are invariably below average offenses...and these offenses struggle most mightily when the opponent has similar or superior quality on the LOS (which Michigan will face often, considering the state of the OL)

I would expect offensive production that's very similar to what Iowa showed the last few years....basically, below average (at best) to completely inept (at worst)

The news get's even worse when you couple this situation with a new kicker and a new punter...as Michigan is going to

09/03 at Utah W
09/12 vs. Oregon State W
09/19 vs. UNLV W
09/26 vs. BYUW
10/03 at Maryland W
10/10 vs. Northwestern W
10/17 vs. MSU Win Or Lose?
10/31 at Minnesota W
11/07 vs. Rutgers W
11/14 at IU W
11/21 at PSU W
11/28 vs OSU Win or Lose?

Everyone is poor mouthing Harbaugh;s first year. Hoke recruited well and the OL/DL will be solid. This is not Brady Hoke's staff or approach each Saturday. Michigan will suprise many people this year. Ruddock will start and is good enough with experience alone to win some key games. The defense will be very good this year across the board. Michigan will beat either MSU or OSU this year and you can bank on that. 6-6/7-5 is ridiculous. Hell Brady Hoke won 5 with his crap last year. Evem more ridiculous that people are picking a loss to Penn State. What the hell have they done? Who cares if it is at night and a whiteout. The Buckeyes are not guranteed to run the table this year either and struggle each year with even horrible Michigan teams. I bet USC at the height of their invulnerbility though tthey would stroll into Stanford and spank what was frankly a not very talented football team. The difference maker was their COACH!!!!!!!!! the players have to believe in him and what he is selling. They know he is successful period!!! Harbaugh is selling what he has done as a college and PRO coach. Can Urban or Dicktonio sell that?
Wow coaches win games and not the players? Your own defensive head coach proved that to be wrong. What you are really saying is that Hoke recruited well according to the magazines. Maybe he should have recruited players that could play football. But believe whatever gets you through.

Reactions: roaringfork green
Wow coaches win games and not the players? Your own defensive head coach proved that to be wrong. What you are really saying is that Hoke recruited well according to the magazines. Maybe he should have recruited players that could play football. But believe whatever gets you through.
I think we should just shut the program down. There's no hope.

Some other points, that should help Michigan fans look more realistically at their team...and this myth about a tough, consistent, improving offense and a great defense that can keep them in any game

Average Rushing Stats v. 8+ Win Teams (per game):
33 Carries
105 Yards
3.2 Yards/Carry
1 TD
1 Fumble
7.5 TFL Allowed

Those stats do not at all speak to a rushing attack that's ready to be the basis of an offense and help beat 8 win teams...much less beat 10+ win teams (like OSU/MSU)

Average Defense v. 8+ Win Teams (per game):
32 Points Allowed
390 Yards Allowed
1.5 Sacks
6.5 TFL
0.5 Turnovers Forced
85% Red Zone Conversion Allowed
60% Red Zone TD's Allowed
45% 3rd Down Coversion Allowed
50% 4th Down Conversion Allowed

Again, that's hardly inspiring defense against teams with a pulse, especially for a team that doesn't plan on scoring often and playing ball control. There really isn't a single area of that defense that seems very strong, when they were playing competent opponents

This team has the makings of a weak running game, a below average QB, and absolutely no offensive playmakers....coupled with a decent, but not special, defense that struggles to make plays and stop opponents when it matters

Really not sure where the "9+ Wins are likely" crowd is buying their drinks, but they're selling doozies wherever it is!!

Some other points, that should help Michigan fans look more realistically at their team...and this myth about a tough, consistent, improving offense and a great defense that can keep them in any game

33 Carries
105 Yards
3.2 Yards/Carry
1 TD
1 Fumble
7.5 TFL Allowed

Those stats do not at all speak to a rushing attack that's ready to be the basis of an offense and help beat 8 win teams...much less beat 10+ win teams (like OSU/MSU)

32 Points Allowed
390 Yards Allowed
1.5 Sacks
6.5 TFL
0.5 Turnovers Forced

Again, that's hardly inspiring defense against teams with a pulse, especially for a team that doesn't plan on scoring often and playing ball control. There really isn't a single area of that defense that seems very strong, when they were playing competent opponents

This team has the makings of a weak running game, a below average QB, and absolutely no offensive playmakers....coupled with a decent, but not special, defense that struggles to make plays and stop opponents when it matters

Really not sure where the "9+ Wins are likely" crowd is buying their drinks, but they're selling doozies wherever it is!!
Silly boy! It's Jimmah, don't you know by now!

Thank you Dr. Bone!!! Wonderful insight. Some more questions for you…

1. With 40 out of 44 players returning from a team that beat a mediocre LSU team in the bowl game, and, for the most part, stunk last year, do you think they will even make a bowl game this year? It is great to have all those players returning, but when those players aren't any good and they are coached by BK…..

2. I thought Golson was one of the very best players in the country last year according to you? Even though he doesn't play for ND anymore, he did, and the fact he did means he can still win a Heisman for the fighting irish, right? ND fans seem to think so…

3. How many coach of the year awards has BK won at ND? Did he win it last year, especially since they were in the running for the national title like last year, according to you?

4. Oh, so Harbaugh DID come to Michigan??? You said it would never happen though, Dr. Bone? What happened?

To answer your question, no, they will easily have a winning season this year. They may even finish with a better record than ND this year, before it actually becomes a regular occurrence starting next year. It is too bad that Michigan and ND don't play each other anymore, as it would have been fun to watch Harbaugh embarrass BK for a couple of years until he was gone. Which leads me to a bonus question for you…

5. How long do you think BK will last at ND? And do you think there has been a current coach that has underperformed more than him during his tenure at ND?

I have him lasting until the end of this year before he is fired.

Do you pay PharmD to set you up so nicely? FWIW, the latest Michigan man will be working for Jerral Wayne before year 5.

Obviously, someone does not know the wonderful history of Dr. Bone and his flightless irish on this board

Unfortunately for you, BK coaches notre dame, who has proven to be one of the worst coaches in major college football. Harbaugh would take his lunch money on a regular basis…it is too bad they don't play because it would be fun watching Michigan embarrass the irish. There is no reason to believe they will be any good this year. Beating a very, very mediocre LSU team in your bowl doesn't mean anything. Having all of those players return is nice and all, but doesn't mean anything if they aren't any good. And they aren't good. Northwestern is not impressed.

="TheDecker, post: 250395, member: 14884"]Not sure where you got the idea that Ruddock played a lot of good football, but as a fan of Iowa and having watched every single snap Ruddock took there....that's simply not the case and there is a reason he was put on the bench and named the backup

Last edited:

It is ok little bro. All we heard from the sparty fan base was that Harbaugh would never be here in the first place. How did that work for ya? One thing is for sure, coaches do develop players and get them ready to compete. Hoke did not do that. Your own coach, Danantonio, is a prime example of that. But ignore the facts all you want, fear is a wonderful thing to read from the sparties

Does ND even make a bowl this year? How much longer before BK is fired? How can you continue to put up with a coach who does less with more, and more often than anyone else in the country. The irish just don't strike fear into anyone. Northwestern wishes they could play you guys every year. The 2015 campaign will be known as another year for the fight less irish. BTW, can you tell us what part of "Return to Glory" the great ND is on right now?

33 Carries
105 Yards
3.2 Yards/Carry
1 TD
1 Fumble
7.5 TFL Allowed

32 Points Allowed
390 Yards Allowed
1.5 Sacks
6.5 TFL
0.5 Turnovers Forced

1. With 40 out of 44 players returning from a team that beat a mediocre LSU team in the bowl game, and, for the most part, stunk last year, do you think they will even make a bowl game this year? It is great to have all those players returning, but when those players aren't any good and they are coached by BK…..
I believe I already answered this question but it appears you missed the answer. I, and many ND fans, fully expected to compete for a slot in the 'New Years Six' bowl games with a descent shot at making the college football playoffs.

2. I thought Golson was one of the very best players in the country last year according to you? Even though he doesn't play for ND anymore, he did, and the fact he did means he can still win a Heisman for the fighting irish, right? ND fans seem to think so…
Everett Golson is no longer a member of the ND football team. I wish him all the best and hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for in Tallahassee. I will not be rooting for him this season as I just don't root for other teams outside of ND. I do think he'll be a Heisman candidate but do not think he will win it. Again, this was previously stated. Since he is not on the ND football team, he obviously cannot win the Heisman for such team.

3. How many coach of the year awards has BK won at ND? Did he win it last year, especially since they were in the running for the national title like last year, according to you?
One of BK's two COY awards came in 2012 when he coached ND to an undefeated regular season and to the BCS National Championship Game.

4. Oh, so Harbaugh DID come to Michigan??? You said it would never happen though, Dr. Bone? What happened?
He's there. His team will be mediocre at best for the next two, possibly three season. He will wear on people. He will burn bridges. He will likely have another job in five years. Why is he currently employed at Michigan? My guess is two fold. One, the University of Michigan was so desperate, they were willing to do anything for him. Two, NFL teams were not as interested in him as he thought they might be.

5. How long do you think BK will last at ND? And do you think there has been a current coach that has underperformed more than him during his tenure at ND?

I have him lasting until the end of this year before he is fired.

Anyone who thinks BK is endangered of being fired at the end of the 2015 football season is simply not paying attention or is, for lack of a better word, stupid.

PharmD, let me get this straight...

In a thread dedicated to discussing Michigan's upcoming season, I post a response laying what I see as reasonable expectations using statistics, player film/game analysis, and basic roster assesst

Your response to these posts, soley focused on Michigan football and based in fact and analysis, is to start randomly flaming about Notre Dame football (without using and statistics or specific analysis)

You do realize how pathetic that is, right?
You do realize what it means, when a fan doesn't respond to a discussion about their own team, but instead responds with "Well....you're team sucks, so who cares what you think!!", right?

Fans of teams that don't suck are usually willing to discuss their own team, and do so in a reasonable fact/analysis based way

That should tell you something about your team (and yourself) right there...

Reactions: maxgreen
And just to give you a couple quick facts on your ND posts...

LSU was ranked in the Top25 at the end of the regular season, heading into their bowl game with ND
LSU's defense was ranked in the Top5 overall, and was one of the elite defenses in the country
LSU's run game was one of the better run games in the country, especially the "Power Run" style, between the tackles
LSU's QB play was one of the very worst in the entire nation, and sometimes it really sabatoged their offense

The reality is that they were a solid, but not great team, who was elite on defense/power run but terrible in the passing game which made them very 1-dimensional at times

Beating them is a good win, but it's not like beating the LSU teams of 2-3 years ago (or other times in the recent past)

Why is he currently employed at Michigan? My guess is two fold. One, the University of Michigan was so desperate, they were willing to do anything for him. Two, NFL teams were not as interested in him as he thought they might be.

...is simply not paying attention or is, for lack of a better word, stupid.

Willing to do anything for him? What did UM do that was so desperate. Hackett identified the coach he wanted and went after him. Fortunately for UM, Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in football. NFL teams were clearly interested in him. Talk about not paying attention, or stupid.

Listen, say anything you want on this topic to excuse your "JH is never going to UM" nonsense. Our mods were incredibly connected to this situation and the bottom line is UM is where Harbaugh wanted to be. Expect him to be here for some time.

Willing to do anything for him? What did UM do that was so desperate. Hackett identified the coach he wanted and went after him. Fortunately for UM, Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in football. NFL teams were clearly interested in him. Talk about not paying attention, or stupid.

Listen, say anything you want on this topic to excuse your "JH is never going to UM" nonsense. Our mods were incredibly connected to this situation and the bottom line is UM is where Harbaugh wanted to be. Expect him to be here for some time.

I would expect this to mainly be based on the kind of support that he receives from administration (academic allowances, less overshight, etc.) as well as the kind of offers he gets from the NFL (mainly the same things...how autonomous will he be allowed to be)

Personally, I'd be surprised if Harbaugh left in less than 3 years but also surprised if he's there much more than 5-6 years

Reactions: roaringfork green
I would expect this to mainly be based on the kind of support that he receives from administration (academic allowances, less overshight, etc.) as well as the kind of offers he gets from the NFL (mainly the same things...how autonomous will he be allowed to be)

Personally, I'd be surprised if Harbaugh left in less than 3 years but also surprised if he's there much more than 5-6 years

You very well may be right, but it's pure speculation. Academic allowances, less oversight... neither of us have a clue so why even bother incorporating that into an argument? What we do know is they gave him a lot of money and a great budget for both staff and support. Two areas where UM has been notoriously cheap.

Curious, why would you be surprised if he's at UM longer than 5-6 years?

You very well may be right, but it's pure speculation. Academic allowances, less oversight... neither of us have a clue so why even bother incorporating that into an argument? What we do know is they gave him a lot of money and a great budget for both staff and support. Two areas where UM has been notoriously cheap.

Curious, why would you be surprised if he's at UM longer than 5-6 years?

We don't know if he'll receive extra control, academic allowances, reduced ovresight, etc.? Or we don't know if those matter to him?

I agree that we don't know if he'll receive them (at a major academic school like Michigan, with it's very structured culture, I doubt it...but no way to know for sure)

And why would I be surprised if he was there more than 5-6 years?

1.) He hasn't really been anywhere longer than that. As a head coach, his average tenure has been 3.5 years....that can change, but it's usually a decent indicator

2.) He's famous for "wearing out his welcome" with administration, and UM is famous for having an over-involved administration...again, it could change....but....

3.) It's beyond clear that he wants to win at the NFL level (he took the 49ers job over Michigan the last time around)

4.) He's HYPER-COMPETITIVE and it seems very unlikely that he's not going to take another run at matching the acheivments of his brother (John Harbaugh) and #1 rival (Pete Carroll) and win a Super-Bowl

5.) NFL teams will come calling often, as he's a proven commodity at that level, which is a rarity. Sooner or later, someone is going to offer him the perfect situation in the NFL....it will be very tough to turn down

No way to say for sure, but there are VERY good reasons to believe that he's not going to be Michigan's HC past the 2020 season (imo)

We don't know if he'll receive extra control, academic allowances, reduced ovresight, etc.? Or we don't know if those matter to him?

I agree that we don't know if he'll receive them (at a major academic school like Michigan, with it's very structured culture, I doubt it...but no way to know for sure)

1.) He hasn't really been anywhere longer than that. As a head coach, his average tenure has been 3.5 years....that can change, but it's usually a decent indicator

2.) He's famous for "wearing out his welcome" with administration, and UM is famous for having an over-involved administration...again, it could change....but....

3.) It's beyond clear that he wants to win at the NFL level (he took the 49ers job over Michigan the last time around)

4.) He's HYPER-COMPETITIVE and it seems very unlikely that he's not going to take another run at matching the acheivments of his brother (John Harbaugh) and #1 rival (Pete Carroll) and win a Super-Bowl

5.) NFL teams will come calling often, as he's a proven commodity at that level, which is a rarity. Sooner or later, someone is going to offer him the perfect situation in the NFL....it will be very tough to turn down

No way to say for sure, but there are VERY good reasons to believe that he's not going to be Michigan's HC past the 2020 season (imo)

Very well said. IMO it is his hyper-competitiveness that creates the friction for him. Competitiveness is an odd quality/trait. Not enough is not good as is too much.

ePLQmjL.gif

1) Let's be honest here because I feel like you're being a bit disingenuous. He started at San Diego and left for a better job. Then he left Stanford for a better job. Then he left San Fran due to issue with ownership/management. His tenure has been small due to his incredible success. If he was going from UM to ND to Florida your point would be valid.

2) Outside of San Fran, where has he "worn out his welcome"? San Diego as well as Stanford loved him. Most players at San Fran loved him. Seems to be a bunch of BS circulating as the truth.

3) It's also beyond clear he wants to win at UM. You have no idea what is more important to him.

4) Again, pure speculation. Maybe that's most important to him. Maybe winning multiple titles at UM is more. But it seems odd for a fan to think he knows what's most important to a man he has never met/interacted with.

5) I love the double narrative regarding the NFL. Bone Doc claims NFL teams weren't interested yet he is such a hot commodity that it's only a matter of time he goes back. Or maybe he's already found himself in the perfect situation...

I, and many ND fans, fully expected to compete for a slot in the 'New Years Six' bowl games with a descent shot at making the college football playoffs

Yes, you and man ND fans. I think that says enough right there!

One of BK's two COY awards came in 2012 when he coached ND to an undefeated regular season and to the BCS National Championship Game

So one at ND, right? With many years of underachievement, right? How did he do in that national title game?

He's there. His team will be mediocre at best for the next two, possibly three season. He will wear on people. He will burn bridges. He will likely have another job in five years. Why is he currently employed at Michigan?

Ahh, funny how the tune suddenly changes. Sorry ND fans, it is actually nice having a REAL coach for once. I hope ND fans will get to realize that again someday as opposed to continuously being the class of college football's has-beens.

BK is endangered of being fired at the end of the 2015 football season

You got one thing right!

I believe I already answered this question but it appears you missed the answer. I, and many ND fans, fully expected to compete for a slot in the 'New Years Six' bowl games with a descent shot at making the college football playoffs.

Everett Golson is no longer a member of the ND football team. I wish him all the best and hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for in Tallahassee. I will not be rooting for him this season as I just don't root for other teams outside of ND. I do think he'll be a Heisman candidate but do not think he will win it. Again, this was previously stated. Since he is not on the ND football team, he obviously cannot win the Heisman for such team.

One of BK's two COY awards came in 2012 when he coached ND to an undefeated regular season and to the BCS National Championship Game.

He's there. His team will be mediocre at best for the next two, possibly three season. He will wear on people. He will burn bridges. He will likely have another job in five years. Why is he currently employed at Michigan? My guess is two fold. One, the University of Michigan was so desperate, they were willing to do anything for him. Two, NFL teams were not as interested in him as he thought they might be.

Anyone who thinks BK is endangered of being fired at the end of the 2015 football season is simply not paying attention or is, for lack of a better word, stupid.

PharmD, let me get this straight...

In a thread dedicated to discussing Michigan's upcoming season, I post a response laying what I see as reasonable expectations using statistics, player film/game analysis, and basic roster assesst

Your response to these posts, soley focused on Michigan football and based in fact and analysis, is to start randomly flaming about Notre Dame football (without using and statistics or specific analysis)

You do realize how pathetic that is, right?
You do realize what it means, when a fan doesn't respond to a discussion about their own team, but instead responds with "Well....you're team sucks, so who cares what you think!!", right?

Fans of teams that don't suck are usually willing to discuss their own team, and do so in a reasonable fact/analysis based way

That should tell you something about your team (and yourself) right there...

If you want to come to a Michigan board that is great. But be prepared to talk your team as well if you want to open up the discussion. It says quite a bit to hear a ND fan come over here and talk as if he is an expert about the other team. Yet ignores the GLARING deficiencies his own team faces. And keep telling yourself LSU was a top-25 team then. Sure, they may have been ranked. But lets be hones, they didn't beat anybody and were there because of reputation of being in the SEC only, much like ND

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT