ADVERTISEMENT

HARBAUGH'S FIRST YEAR

I would expect this to mainly be based on the kind of support that he receives from administration (academic allowances, less overshight, etc.) as well as the kind of offers he gets from the NFL (mainly the same things...how autonomous will he be allowed to be)

Personally, I'd be surprised if Harbaugh left in less than 3 years but also surprised if he's there much more than 5-6 years

Personally, I'd be surprised if BK is at notre dame for anymore than 2 years.

If you want to come to a Michigan board that is great. But be prepared to talk your team as well if you want to open up the discussion. It says quite a bit to hear a ND fan come over here and talk as if he is an expert about the other team. Yet ignores the GLARING deficiencies his own team faces. And keep telling yourself LSU was a top-25 team then. Sure, they may have been ranked. But lets be hones, they didn't beat anybody and were there because of reputation of being in the SEC only, much like ND
You must be 15 years old, maybe. Your only argument is , listen to the fear. Weak!

You must be 15 years old, maybe. Your only argument is , listen to the fear. Weak!

Hey Fork. When was the last time sparty won the title in football? If you want to come on over, well come on down then. Let's talk about the "never was" and the "has been" in spart-y and ND, respectively!!!!

If you want to come to a Michigan board that is great. But be prepared to talk your team as well if you want to open up the discussion. It says quite a bit to hear a ND fan come over here and talk as if he is an expert about the other team. Yet ignores the GLARING deficiencies his own team faces.

Unfortunately for Michigan, neither ND nor MSU have many GLARING deficiencies. I would include TE & K as positions that may not be as good in years past. ND is posed to have an offensive line & defensive backfield on par with anyone in the country. Pair the o-line with 2 very good running backs (Torean Folston & CJ Prosise) & Malik Zaire at QB, & big things are expected out of the running game. All wide receivers return, including Will Fuller, who caught 15 TDs last season. All members of the D-Line are also set to return, including 4 year DT Sheldon Day. DT, Jarron Jones is coming off a late season injury but he will be platooned by early enrollee Jerry Tillery, who has impressed everyone this spring. Look for him to be a freshman All-American. The LBs include an athletic, hard hitting sophomore Niles Morgan & junior dark horse Heisman candidate Jaylon Smith. A lack of an elite edge rusher will keep the defense from being elite though.

I will defer to @roaringfork green to speak the specifics of MSU.

As for Michigan, I see their biggest deficiencies at OL & QB but they really don't have much talent at any position outside of a redshirt freshman safety.

Unfortunately for Michigan, neither ND nor MSU have many GLARING deficiencies. I would include TE & K as positions that may not be as good in years past. ND is posed to have an offensive line & defensive backfield on par with anyone in the country. Pair the o-line with 2 very good running backs (Torean Folston & CJ Prosise) & Malik Zaire at QB, & big things are expected out of the running game. All wide receivers return, including Will Fuller, who caught 15 TDs last season. All members of the D-Line are also set to return, including 4 year DT Sheldon Day. DT, Jarron Jones is coming off a late season injury but he will be platooned by early enrollee Jerry Tillery, who has impressed everyone this spring. Look for him to be a freshman All-American. The LBs include an athletic, hard hitting sophomore Niles Morgan & junior dark horse Heisman candidate Jaylon Smith. A lack of an elite edge rusher will keep the defense from being elite though.

I will defer to @roaringfork green to speak the specifics of MSU.

As for Michigan, I see their biggest deficiencies at OL & QB but they really don't have much talent at any position outside of a redshirt freshman safety.

Thank you for that wonderful ND insight Dr. Bone!!! Now, lets focus on the facts. How good were those players last year, in all honestly??? Sure certain stats may look good but when your team overall stinks it really doesn't matter. How many times has BK won 10+ games at ND? And how long has he been there? When you have one of the most overrated coaches trying to "coach up" your supposed "areas of strength", it is pretty obvious ND is in some serious trouble for the unforeseeable future until BK is gone

If you want to come to a Michigan board that is great. But be prepared to talk your team as well if you want to open up the discussion. It says quite a bit to hear a ND fan come over here and talk as if he is an expert about the other team. Yet ignores the GLARING deficiencies his own team faces. And keep telling yourself LSU was a top-25 team then. Sure, they may have been ranked. But lets be hones, they didn't beat anybody and were there because of reputation of being in the SEC only, much like ND

So, instead of discussing the topic at hand and the team that the thread is about..you completely ignore the topic and make random flames about other teams?
You seriously can't see what that says both about Michigan and about you personally???

Com'on man....

The reality here is that Michigan is below average at QB, OL, and RB and is flat out bad at WR. The offense has the all the makings of a disaster

The defense looks solid, but not special at all. There is no proven playmaker in the entire defense and no unit that really scares an opposing team.

The idea that Michigan is more talented than it's opponents is a complete fiction

Michigan will simply be an average team in 2015 because that's what's on the rosterroster

Reactions: roaringfork green
Exactly right on the talent level at Stanford. An even better example of this is with the 49ers, who were perennial losers. What happened as soon as Harbaugh arrived?

This is a very poor comparison, as HARBAUGH doesn't have free agency or the draft to help him rebuild the team.

In the NFL there is great parity in raw talent between teams, by design. This is why you literally most never see teams go unseated, while it's common place in college.

While HARBAUGH has more talent at Michigan than he did at Stanford (literally none) it's still a much better comparison of situations than an nfl te, which operates under a completely different rule set built to accommodate completely different goals.

Lao, while HARBAUGH is a good coach and talent identifier/developer, he was fortunate at Stanford with the ridiculous success of Andrew Luck. He's unlikely to find a player on that level while at Michigan, which makes the rebuilding harder.

You have to judge each situation and team on it's own merits, and 2015 Michigan just doesn't have any appearance of real quality

So far so bad? Being a 'tard must suck. Good evaluation as we haven't played any games yet.
Interesting that so many spartoons feel the need to come to a UM site and tell us how they're not worried about Harbaugh. Which means they're worried about Harbaugh...
No kidding. I went to the free board and it is littered with spartans that know their run is over....they are very worried, and realize their little cycle of winning that comes every few generations is almost over again.

No kidding. I went to the free board and it is littered with spartans that know their run is over....they are very worried, and realize their little cycle of winning that comes every few generations is almost over again.

MSU is recruiting better than ever, has a very talented roster, and great coaching stability

I'd be surprised if MSU doesn't just keep rolling for quite a while

I think the Utah game is the most important game of the year. A win will set the team on a positive track and foster a 7-9 win season. A loss will cause a doubt to start that can drag the team down to a 6-7 win season. The Utah game must be a win for the season to be successful. This last recruiting season will cause problems in the future with depth. 14 players including 2 QB's and a kicker. Graduate transfers (3) are only in for the year. They are usually not big difference makers on the teams they are leaving Depth will be a problem for 2-4 years.

This is a very poor comparison, as HARBAUGH doesn't have free agency or the draft to help him rebuild the team.

In the NFL there is great parity in raw talent between teams, by design. This is why you literally most never see teams go unseated, while it's common place in college.

While HARBAUGH has more talent at Michigan than he did at Stanford (literally none) it's still a much better comparison of situations than an nfl te, which operates under a completely different rule set built to accommodate completely different goals.

Lao, while HARBAUGH is a good coach and talent identifier/developer, he was fortunate at Stanford with the ridiculous success of Andrew Luck. He's unlikely to find a player on that level while at Michigan, which makes the rebuilding harder.

You have to judge each situation and team on it's own merits, and 2015 Michigan just doesn't have any appearance of real quality

Hey Deck: You sure know lots of things about Jim Harbaugh and you have posted an impressive number os stats and info about both Michigan football and Harbaugh on a personal level. This is highly impressive information for Michigan fans to know and understand. All of the numbers and data will mean so much going into this season and the predictions you have made based upon these numbers are surely to doom the Michigan football program and Harbaugh will only stay at UM for 3 years max. I love this and think you would be a valuable asset for the U.S. Government by having the ability to predict future outcomes and events based upon YOUR data collections. Since your crunching numbers and offering such a valuable service for free right now on this board. please post all informaiton you have on your Irish this year and the numerous amount of service academies you may have on your schedule this year. I was wondering if the Coast Guard comes to South Bend or do have to play them away? Please also include all future outcomes for Harbaugh and Michigan football through 2030. Please do this so we Michigan fans can stop buying tickets because our program is going to fold by then. Over the past seven years, at least we knew we probably not be that good, yet we beat the Irish more than beat us during this span! Also, we didn;t trip the regular season goign undefeated by playing an easy schedule which included a bad Michigan team only to embarrassed on national TV by Alabama. But hey, you are NOTRE DAME and the NUMBERS prove that you should have played that game and that Coach K is one of the greatest college football coaches ever. The numbers actually proved you should not have been in that game at all all my friend. But hey-you made it there and it was great entertainment.

Last edited:
Hey Deck: You sure know lots of things about Jim Harbaugh and you have posted an impressive number os stats and info about both Michigan football and Harbaugh on a personal level. This is highly impressive information for Michigan fans to know and understand. All of the numbers and data will mean so much going into this season and the predictions you have made based upon these numbers are surely to doom the Michigan football program and Harbaugh will only stay at UM for 3 years max. I love this and think you would be a valuable asset for the U.S. Government by having the ability to predict future outcomes and events based upon YOUR data collections. Since your crunching numbers and offering such a valuable service for free right now on this board. please post all informaiton you have on your Irish this year and the numerous amount of service academies you may have on your schedule this year. I was wondering if the Coast Guard comes to South Bend or do have to play them away? Please also include all future outcomes for Harbaugh and Michigan football through 2030. Please do this so we Michigan fans can stop buying tickets because our program is going to fold by then. Over the past seven years, at least we knew we probably not be that good, yet we beat the Irish more than beat us during this span! Also, we didn;t trip the regular season goign undefeated by playing an easy schedule which included a bad Michigan team only to embarrassed on national TV by Alabama. But hey, you are NOTRE DAME and the NUMBERS prove that you should have played that game and that Coach K is one of the greatest college football coaches ever. The numbers actually proved you should not have been in that game at all all my friend. But hey-you made it there and it was great entertainment.

Lol, too long, didn't read. Do you even paragraph, bro?

I agree. In the series against Michigan, he has enjoyed the "lost years" of Michigan football beginning with that clown from West Virginia and ending with the clown fron 'San Diego State" Before that, MIchigan State ocassionaly would beat Michigan. Those years are over now. The Spartans may get the Wolverines this year and that is a big maybe but they will begin receiving their season ass whippings on a regular basis very soon. Harbaugh will then say. "Pride comes before the ass kicking" befoire each game.

Last edited:
Reactions: christopher.rpegg
I agree. In the series against Michigan, he has enjoyed the "lost years" of Michigan football beginning with that clown from West Virginia and ending with the clown fron 'San Diego State" Before that, MIchigan State ocassionaly would beat Michigan. Those years are over now. The Spartans may get the Wolverines this year and that is a big maybe but they will begin receiving their season ass whippings on a regular basis very soon. Harbaugh will then say. "Pride comes before the ass kicking" befoire each game.
You're not paying attention.

To what? your upcoming ass kickings? and wiping the smirk off of the Tressell clone Dicktonio's face! Who cares that MSU has been OK the last 7 years and I mean OK. They SUCKED over the past 20 years so at some point they should have a little success. How many national championships have you won under Dicktonio????? Answer that one roaring spoon!!!! Even out the Rich Rod and Hoke years-no one has looked as stupid as John L Smith slapping himself on national TV. Now that's a winner bud!!!!

To what? your upcoming ass kickings? and wiping the smirk off of the Tressell clone Dicktonio's face! Who cares that MSU has been OK the last 7 years and I mean OK. They SUCKED over the past 20 years so at some point they should have a little success. How many national championships have you won under Dicktonio????? Answer that one roaring spoon!!!! Even out the Rich Rod and Hoke years-no one has looked as stupid as John L Smith slapping himself on national TV. Now that's a winner bud!!!!
You need therapy. So angry. As soon as you accept MSU is not going anywhere as long as Dantonio is in charge, the better you'll start to feel. When was the last time UM had back to back top 5 finishes? I'd say that's doing a little better than okay.

You have done OK bud and nothing more. Great seasons the past two years, and a good run during the down yeras at UM. However, you have not won the national championship like the Bucks did last year. Not going to happen either. Look at Harbaugh's recruiting and that should make you sick enough. Just picked up another great recruit out of FLORIDA!! I would be very worried about Michigan in the next few years because Harbaugh is the real deal. I do think that Dantonio is a good coach I just think he is a Tressel the cheater disciple and he is an arrogant jack ass to boot. The Spartans have done NOTHING nationally except pick up a little respect here and there. That asskicking you took in Florida a few years back by Bama was hilarious as well. Hell, when we went to a bowl we knew we sucked before we went there. Everyone in football goes on a run now and then and that is what you have done nothing more. Auburn and Tennessee used to say the same about Bama during their lean years until the beast Saban arrived. Well the beast has arrived in Ann Arbor and his name is not Rod Or Hoke. Michigan is going to be even better than ever were under Carr and you guys are going to get smacked in the mouth. Can't wait to watch Tresstonio and that dumb look on his face when it happens.

Last edited:
You have done OK bud and nothing more. Great seasons the past two years, and a good run during the down yeras at UM. However, you have not won the national championship like the Bucks did last year. Not going to happen either. Look at Harbaugh's recruiting and that should make you sick enough. Just picked up another great recruit out of FLORIDA!! I would be very worried about Michigan in the next few years because Harbaugh is the real deal. I do think that Dantonio is a good coach I just think he is a Tressel the cheater disciple and he is an arrogant jack ass to boot. The Spartans have done NOTHING nationally except pick up a little respect here and there. That asskicking you took in Florida a few years back by Bama was hilarious as well. Hell, when we went to a bowl we knew we sucked before we went there. Everyone in football goes on a run now and then and that is what you have done nothing more. Auburn and Tennessee used to say the same about Bama during their lean years until the beast Saban arrived. Well the beast has arrived in Ann Arbor and his name is not Rod Or Hoke. Michigan is going to be even better than ever were under Carr and you guys are going to get smacked in the mouth. Can't wait to watch Tresstonio and that dumb look on his face when it happens.
Sounds to me like you're trying really hard to convince yourself That UM might be relevant again. I think it will happen but it's gonna take a few years. And oh by the way, Dantonio is doing okay on the recruiting trail, also. Do you think Harbaugh would hire Mike Hart as an assistant? I'd love to see that and he'd fit in nicely with that crew.

I could care less about Mike Hart joining Michigan. I am glad he hired Tyrone Wheatley in the RB position though. I used to really like Michigan State since my sister is an alumni, however, the ridiculous and arrogant comments made by your coach and some of your fans have soured me on the Spartans over the years. Dantonio is a jackass plain and simple and some of his players have taken on his personality with their cheapshot play on the field. His hiring into East Lansing was nothing more than perfect timing in the Michigan series because it was the end of Carr and the "lost Michigan" years from 2008-2015. Those years have made him look superior and quite frankly eveyone else. The Spartans have had coaches in the past who were as good as him including Nick Saban who is obviously better because of what he has done in Tuscaloosa. Dantonio's affiliation with Tressel is sickening because Tress built OSU into a national power by doing it illegally. I do not like Meyer, however, I respect much more than Tressel even though he let Florida run wild on the crime trail. Finally, I don't have to convince myself of anything about Michigan football and where it is headed. They hired the BEST coach in game right now and he will win big at Michigan. I think you know that as well and that is why you spend so much time on our website. Run along now and blog with the Tresstonio's and dream of that big ring with NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP written on the side of it. It's only a dream roaring spoon...only a dream

I could care less about Mike Hart joining Michigan. I am glad he hired Tyrone Wheatley in the RB position though. I used to really like Michigan State since my sister is an alumni, however, the ridiculous and arrogant comments made by your coach and some of your fans have soured me on the Spartans over the years. Dantonio is a jackass plain and simple and some of his players have taken on his personality with their cheapshot play on the field. His hiring into East Lansing was nothing more than perfect timing in the Michigan series because it was the end of Carr and the "lost Michigan" years from 2008-2015. Those years have made him look superior and quite frankly eveyone else. The Spartans have had coaches in the past who were as good as him including Nick Saban who is obviously better because of what he has done in Tuscaloosa. Dantonio's affiliation with Tressel is sickening because Tress built OSU into a national power by doing it illegally. I do not like Meyer, however, I respect much more than Tressel even though he let Florida run wild on the crime trail. Finally, I don't have to convince myself of anything about Michigan football and where it is headed. They hired the BEST coach in game right now and he will win big at Michigan. I think you know that as well and that is why you spend so much time on our website. Run along now and blog with the Tresstonio's and dream of that big ring with NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP written on the side of it. It's only a dream roaring spoon...only a dream
I spend time on this board because guys like you are hilarious! Are you a stand up comic in real life?

run along spoon..... run along... we have a winner to discuss here in Ann Arbor. The Tresstonio's need some blogging too. MSU Rivals needs your input and you can start a new post titled: The Force Returns: The Rise of Darth Harbaugh

run along spoon..... run along... we have a winner to discuss here in Ann Arbor. The Tresstonio's need some blogging too. MSU Rivals needs your input and you can start a new post titled: The Force Returns: The Rise of Darth Harbaugh
All you have to do is stop responding to my replies, you fool, and I'll run along. No offense but you'll never be confused with the sharpest knife in the drawer! No wonder you live in South Carolina. You must fit in well there.

Oh come on Spoon!! Don't get mad. I'm sorry it took so long to reply but ya know us South Carolians are still trying to figure out how to use that thang y'all call a puter or is that com puter!! oh well. just thought I'd tell ya that I grew up in a little place called Dearborn, Meeechigan but boy I is likin it here down south ole spoon. Good luck Spoon. May the force be witch ya!!!!

7-5 is a pretty good expectation

I thought JH would kill it on the recruiting trail from Day 1. He's not done terrible but not exceptionally well ether. michigan fans will have a longer road back to being the B1G's second best team than a lot of you hoped.

You're a star gazer lol, I understand you want highly rated kids but not all are going to pan out

We don't know if he'll receive extra control, academic allowances, reduced ovresight, etc.? Or we don't know if those matter to him?

I agree that we don't know if he'll receive them (at a major academic school like Michigan, with it's very structured culture, I doubt it...but no way to know for sure)

And why would I be surprised if he was there more than 5-6 years?

1.) He hasn't really been anywhere longer than that. As a head coach, his average tenure has been 3.5 years....that can change, but it's usually a decent indicator

2.) He's famous for "wearing out his welcome" with administration, and UM is famous for having an over-involved administration...again, it could change....but....

3.) It's beyond clear that he wants to win at the NFL level (he took the 49ers job over Michigan the last time around)

4.) He's HYPER-COMPETITIVE and it seems very unlikely that he's not going to take another run at matching the acheivments of his brother (John Harbaugh) and #1 rival (Pete Carroll) and win a Super-Bowl

5.) NFL teams will come calling often, as he's a proven commodity at that level, which is a rarity. Sooner or later, someone is going to offer him the perfect situation in the NFL....it will be very tough to turn down

No way to say for sure, but there are VERY good reasons to believe that he's not going to be Michigan's HC past the 2020 season (imo)

You domers think you have the answers.

Sara his wife refuses to return to the NFL.
In fact she stated they are at home at UM for the LONG HAUL.
Yes, as she stated, they look to retiring at UM if UM will have them.

5) I love the double narrative regarding the NFL. Bone Doc claims NFL teams weren't interested yet he is such a hot commodity that it's only a matter of time he goes back. Or maybe he's already found himself in the perfect situation...[/QUOTE]

Many NFL teams wanted him, especially Oakland. But the fact of the mater was it was UM all of the way. No question UM was/is the best choice.

You can say all you want to convince yourself that he's staying forever, if it makes you feel better

The reality of the situation, of course, doesn't reflect those things. Jim Harbaugh has never been at any destination long and that's due to a variety of reason...basically none of which have changed with him taking a job at Michigan

Additionally, his wife said the exact same things about moving away from the West Coast/Bay Area and never moving back to the midwest (just a couple months ag). Tell me, how did those declarations work out?

Again, tell yourself whatever you want to. The reality is, while it's possible Jim Harbaugh stays at Michigan for the long haul, it's very unlikely. It's far more likely that he'll move on in 5-6 years, as he has always done

Sorry buddy

All you have to do is stop responding to my replies, you fool, and I'll run along. No offense but you'll never be confused with the sharpest knife in the drawer! No wonder you live in South Carolina. You must fit in well there.

You will never "run along". The only time you stop posting on the UM board is when your lips are attached to Dantonios' butt checks.

You can say all you want to convince yourself that he's staying forever, if it makes you feel better

The reality of the situation, of course, doesn't reflect those things. Jim Harbaugh has never been at any destination long and that's due to a variety of reason...basically none of which have changed with him taking a job at Michigan

Additionally, his wife said the exact same things about moving away from the West Coast/Bay Area and never moving back to the midwest (just a couple months ag). Tell me, how did those declarations work out?

Again, tell yourself whatever you want to. The reality is, while it's possible Jim Harbaugh stays at Michigan for the long haul, it's very unlikely. It's far more likely that he'll move on in 5-6 years, as he has always done

Sorry buddy
Don't worry domer, as usual your opinion don't mean shit. Whether you agree or not. Your opinion is worthless. Losers! His wife was a major part of his decision to come home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT