ADVERTISEMENT

Well, hopefully we can put up a better fight against Ped State.

I hate to say this, but PSU is going to destroy Michigan. Barkley is going to have his way with the UM defense, it won't be pretty. Your team has been exposed last week, and today, that they're not on the same elite level as Penn State or Alabama.

We Are Penn State
I am a PSU fan of some age, and don't believe the game will be other than close. Your defense is excellent. Did not notice if posted, but hope you see the story about your QBs Mom, and the PSU tight end. Nice story.

Reactions: step.eng69
So Penn State took care of business & then some. Begrudgingly....hats off to them. Outstanding effort on their part.
Disappointing open to the game from the M sideline, albeit back in the game by taking advantage of a break & making some things happen to close the gap to 14-13. Had a bad vibe though that once it became 14-13 M may think PSU would fold up but no dice. Kudos for McSorley & Company for taking the bull by the horns and stepping on the gas again to regain MO & take the 21-13 lead into the lockeroom.
2nd half was just a combo of superior team trench play & then great individual effort of "just making plays" by the Lions. Something that happened wayyyyy to infrequently for the Wolverines.
Bottom line....PSU showed how to take advantage of the bye week in a big way. Anybody that wants to continue & bash PSU Coach Franklin can go ahead & continue to embarrass themselves, but looks like our locker room needed to find that recipe he & his staff cooked up and put it to use a couple weeks ago in preparation for Sparty. In that one....bottom line.....we failed miserably.
In closing I'll just state I'm not giving up hope on the Wolverines. Just anticipating that the staff & players will go back to the drawing board & put in the work to better prepare themselves for the stretch run. Still big games to be played.....still games where the team if successful can garner some serious satisfaction. But it all has to be done one step at a time.
PSU....you brought it with the bright lights on Saturday night. Now the lights are gonna be shining even brighter. Looking forward to one helluva game next Saturday!!

sad to see all the ped state jokes. Michigan is supposed to be the classiest. I know being mediocre sucks (PSU knows this as well as anyone for the last 20 years), but a good PSU is good for the big10. PSU/OSU/UM all in same division is not though..

Penn State has a nice club. If QB delivers anything close to Saturday's performance, they won't lose more than once, and are probably playoff bound. We lose this game even with Speight (and maybe even Brady)

Despite being gashed this week, the defense remains a good one. Some of the O-line are getting better individually, but the collective hasn't meshed the way a line often does. Most problematic is the passing scheme. Routes are not crisp, and there is no separation. Too many routes have receivers cutting and turning their head at the same time, so there is no sense of a passing progression for a QB. Are there ever any hot routes? And even though our running backs are struggling as blockers (poor Evans reminds me of how I used to play third base...), they seem invisible in the passing scheme. And worse, they don't even try to loosen up the defense by throwing down field. I appreciate O'Korn's limitations, but throwing a zillion short passes just invites 8 folks into the box and allows the bad guys to play down hill.
A lot here is about coaching, and it is time for JH to tweak the staff, and find the equivalent of Brown and Mattison on the other side of the ball.

Reactions: ss1855
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT