ADVERTISEMENT

Weber meets with Harbaugh (freep)

ArrowheadBlue

Heisman
May 29, 2001
93 CONNECTLINKEDIN 41 COMMENTEMAILMORE
Cass Tech's Dream Team running back Mike Weber has insisted he is firmly committed to Ohio State.
Yet that may not be the end of the story.
Scout.com reported this afternoon that Weber and U-M coaches, including Jim Harbaugh, were meeting.
It was later confirmed by Wolverine247.com.
What that means for Weber between now and National Signing Day on Feb. 4 is unclear, but by listening to U-M it means the Wolverines are at least under consideration.

Weber, the four-star tailback from Cass, is ranked by Rivals as the state of Michigan's top recruit in the class and has a history with Michigan. After committing to the Wolverines' previous coaching staff under Brady Hoke, he rescinded that commitment in November, opening up other possibilities.

Ohio State swooped in and got his commitment on Dec. 11, during his official visit to Columbus, after Hoke was fired. Weber also was at Ohio State last weekend for the national championship celebration.
When Weber spoke with the Free Press in mid-December he said he didn't want to wait to see who U-M's coach would be, especially because he liked the Ohio State environment because the Buckeyes "win and it's a good fit for me; the running back's not too young there."
At the time, when it was suggested the coach could be Harbaugh, Weber said, "I'd be solid" with Ohio State.
"It was real tough, but whatever guy they bring in, I don't know what kind of attention there will be," he said at the time.
A 5-foot-10, 205 pound running back, Weber is ranked as the nation's No. 7 tailback and the No. 59 player overall.
If he flipped back to U-M, he would be the first new Harbaugh commitment from in the state of Michigan

I've got the feeling were not going to get him back, but it would be great if we did.
Getting Wheatley Jr would be pretty tight also. Yeah, I still say tight.

Word from Ohio State is not to worry until he steps foot on campus. We will see if that happens this weekend.

He's been on campus like five times now....

I dont think another trip would be necessary to make a switch at this point.

I don't think that's an accurate time to worry. He's been to campus dozens of times. There is nothing there he hasn't seen. I'm not saying he's flipping, I just don't think a campus visit is an accurate indicator in his interest. I think agreeing to meet Harbaugh yesterday is as big an indicator as anything else.

I fully understand why he de-committed from Hoke.

But if he goes to OSU I hope he sucks. Nothing personal, you know.

Originally posted by Aoichi:
I fully understand why he de-committed from Hoke.

But if he goes to OSU I hope he sucks. Nothing personal, you know.
I agree (in reverse at least). I enjoy seeing Kyle "Blood on the Field" Kalis struggle at michigan. I wish him great health, a great job after college, a wonderful family life, and losing every single football game he ever plays.

We felt the same way about Judas Boren. It was funny when TUOS

fans would tell us how much he sucked when he was at UM, then when he went traitor and transferred to TUOS he was this mauler and the best OL on the team. Good times.

This post was edited on 1/30 11:29 PM by ChicagoBlueFan

Re: We felt the same way about Judas Boren. It was funny when TUOS

Originally posted by ChicagoBlueFan:

fans would tell us how much he sucked when he was at UM, then when he went traitor and transferred to TUOS he was this mauler and the best OL on the team. Good times.

This post was edited on 1/30 11:29 PM by ChicagoBlueFan
It must of been that year off in Ohio State's training program. :)

You are right, Good Times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT