ADVERTISEMENT

TW Jr as an OT, can we visit this rationally as a board?

joelhindy1

Michigan Man
Mar 13, 2009
I will say that the kid is definitely athletic, which would be great for a tackle, so I wouldn't rule anything out. That being said I just do not see the fascination of making him an OT. I'd rather see him on the dl first and here is why.

I get it that the kid is very big. When he committed I believe he was around 6'5-6" and 250-55 lbs. How much of that is bad weight? There's very few high school programs that have a s&c program to keep high school kids from having bad weight on them. It's very hard, they're teenagers and all they do is eat and grow.

Then you add in the injury that kept him from being active, basically, and he got to around 290 lbs I believe. We all know injuries and inactivity bring on bad weight for anybody.

So I'm guessing he'd have to shed a ton of bad weight which is probably not 10-15 lbs. I'm guessing it's closer to where he was recruited at. Then he'd have to try and add good weight and muscle to play tackle. Which would be over 300 lbs total. I just don't see other than the athleticism why everyone thinks him moving to tackle is such a great move. He may not be as athletic over 300 lbs.

OK let's discuss

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News