ADVERTISEMENT

So it's now the 2019-2020 season....

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
Not sure if anyone else is still here, but I am, and am hoping others still are.

Game 0.0 was last night with Windsor, and the team looks reasonably good- got a TON of shots off, and didn't let Windsor do much with it.

And we got to talk to some of the players a few weeks ago at the practice- luncheon, and they thought this year was going to be a really good one. Some even suggested that we get tickets for Detroit.

Contrast that with the predictions- the B1G coaches think we will be 6th, USCHO thinks 5th.

The new players look really good- Cam York scored a really nice one last night.

We will see....

Since I'm talking to myself, I'll just have one thread...

Weekend one in the books, and not in a good way. First game, the team looked pretty darned good- controlling play and the puck. But could not really get any decent pressure. And barely could match the shots. Managed a decent tie, but hard to see them not really go for the goal at the end.

Second game was totally different- lines, pairings, etc- and it showed. The team was discombobulated from the face off. Not a good way to start the season.

Home and home split with Western.

The team looked pretty darned good Friday- not great, but good. Mann was THE MAN, though.

Saturday- given the games against Clarkson and Lake State on Saturday, you could see a second game of the week issue. Add that to the first road game of the season, and we get a loss. So lots of things to work on and improve for next week- when we travel to Columbus to play that team down south.

This isn't looking good. Getting swept at OSU is a horrible way to start B1G play.

Sounds like Mann played well, and given the score tilt, *maybe* Saturday was better than Friday- but losses are losses. And we had a 3-5 BOTH nights.

Ugh.

Two pretty crappy weekends in a row that got the team all of a single B1G point. Ugh.

For a while, it looked like the D was doing pretty well, and Mann was bailing out their issues. Now, not so much- which really adds to the problem of offense. How can we have a strong 2 goal lead over a decent team and not be able to put them away? Way too many turn overs and bad puck play on Friday, and I didn't see any of the debacle in east lansing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT