ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Recruit Reaction To Clink Hire (Updated 4:28 PM)

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Will Johnson shares his thoughts: "I think Coach Clink is a great hire. We'll still be able to put together the best DB class in 2022. He's a great guy and great recruiter. He was the first coach to come to my school and offer me, so I have a lot of respect for him and look forward to working with him."

I caught up with Will Johnson's father, Deon, who said this about this hire: “I thinks it’s a positive move for the program. He’s proved over the years that he gets his guys prepared to compete at a high level in the SEC and gets them ready to play at the next level. He’s a guy that I’ve know for several years from him attending the Sound Mind Sound Body Football Academies while out recruiting. He offered William early in his recruiting process and has done a good job of developing a relationship with him over the years as well. A lot of the current guys at Michigan and those being recruited now know him as a coach that’s always going after the top players in the country. In all, I think it’s a positive move for Michigan football on and off the field.”

As I reported, Myles Pollard let the U-M staff know that Clink was his preferred hire. He was fired up about about it: “A great job by (Jim) Harbaugh to get Coach Clink. Best guy for the job, in my opinion.”

Pollard's father was also excited: "Coach Clink is a good hire for Michigan. Myles already has a good relationship with Clink because Kentucky was Myles' first offer! Clink is obviously a great developer of talent. He always has a couple of guys ready to play at the next level."

Jaeden Gould and Clink have some history as well. Here is his reaction: “He’s a great dude. I had a good relationship with him while he was at Kentucky since he was recruiting me there.”

Kody Jones seems solid: "He contacted me when he was at Kentucky, so I’ve had a few words with him. I’m ready to meet him and get coached up by him."

I checked in with Randy, father of Domani Jackson, who isn't familiar with Clink. But the two do share the same hometown Youngstown: "I don't know him, but I love to see people from Youngstown make it."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News