ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Guillain Barre Syndrome vs MS

DrCorona

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
Any input helpful.
My 37 year old Son-in-law who is a factory worker has been experiencing tingling sensations & situational numbness
in hands...losing feeling etc. Had an episode a short while back where in his words he couldn’t move.
He Got scheduled with a Neurologist who after doing a consult & tests involving testing his sensitivity to probing in his arms & legs instructed him to go to ER which led him to being checked into hospital with the thought that he may be dealing with GBS.
He Got an MRI Saturday evening & Sunday midday they did Spinal Tap. Supposedly Dr will consult with him today (Monday) as to MRI findings. They also went ahead & did an Immune Globulin infusion with the anticipation of doing it over the next 5 days.
Surprisingly IMO The Hospitalist earlier Sunday reported he believed it was most likely MS as compared to GBS but gave no reasoning at that point to my daughter or S-I-L.
Are these 2 things quite similar in symptoms & how most likely are they specifically diagnosed with certainty? I’m guessing GBS would be more manageable. TIA!

Reactions: Gbod80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News