ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gonna miss y'all (way too freaking long)

bobigblue

Michigan Man
Dec 23, 2005
5,689 days... that's a long time. I was 32yo when I became a member at The Wolverine. I recall typing in 5 or 6 usenames when joining and having them all rejected before landing on possibly the worst username in Fort history (I know, Kentucky is big blue!).

I had moved to MD from my hometown of AA several years back and was looking for a way to stay more connected to my beloved Wolverines. The Fort proved to be the perfect place. Top notch reporting and the inside scoop from a great group of passionate journalists along with board insiders. Like most, I was a shy lurker at first. But like most canaries, once I started singing I just couldn't shut up!

It's been a wild ride. We've climbed the mountaintop; I really think the 2006 team beats UF for the Natty if we find a way to get past Ohio State in Cbus. We've experienced lows like few Michigan football fans in the history of the program. Through it all I've appreciated the fellowship, the mostly cordial debate (excusing game threads), the witty banter, the crazy characters, kindness that has at times left me speechless... I've met very few of you in person and yet several pop up as autocorrect options on my phone. It's crazy what this place has meant to me.

Tomorrow will by my last day of membership here at The Wolverine and one of the saddest of my recent days. Sad because of all of you who I will miss. Sad because this site brings it with the same level of excellence as ever. Sad because the Fort has been a second home. Sad because it feels like my love affair with Michigan football that began when I was still in diapers is coming to its end.

I pray at some point the sport finds its way back to center. Until then, I'll spend my fall Saturdays fishing, hunting, golfing, tending to my little plot of paradise, and maybe taking in a local D3 game. And yes, I'll likely pick up my phone to check the score (old habits die hard). I hope more than anything to be with y'all again at some point in the future. You all have my best wishes. Go Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News