ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Crash...boom...busted...Happy Holidays All!

beeggsblue

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Port Huron, Michigan
As some of you may know, I'm 62. Over the last 10 years I've developed sleep apnea, diabetes, degenerative disc disease in my back and my Thyroid gland is essentially dead, which creates health problems too many to mention.

Disc Disease, has left me with 7 ruptured spinal discs. rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica on both sides, Spondylosis, Scoliosis and a variety of fun things in back so my spine is forming into a spiral as time goes by LOL.

I've had 2 surgeries on my left knee, which is now basically running bone on bone. I have permanent damage to the ulnar nerve in my left arm ( Which is the major reason I have empathy for the awful season DR suffered in 2013), carpel tunnel syndrome in both arms and arthritis throughout my hands feet and arms. I presume the latter is from striking things for 50 years.

Oh, a freakish heart attack 5 years and flat-lined for a few seconds. 5 weeks later, on my birthday I went into full renal failure due to being over-medicated with blood-pressure meds. Flat-lined twice on that one.

All this to build up to Fri. the 9th of Dec. After crawling and scraping our way out of massive debt ( at one point I lived 5 days in my beater of a car) for 5 years, my wife and I final positioned ourselves to get out of the cracker box of a rental we're over-paying for. I was merrily steaming down M69 toward Port Huron having secured $5000.00 for all the preliminary monies to lock down, not a dream house, but, much better digs than we've been in.

I was a little late to meet an inspector so I was pressing speed limit a little, but, didn't expect a semi to just change lanes as I approached the middle of his rig. The next thing I new, I woke up in my own bed about 8 hours later. My head was booming my back and legs were killing me and I had bruises scrapes, scratches and cuts everywhere.

Worst of all, beyond a profound deepening of my regular owies was a deep burning feeling in both hammies, when I tried to move my legs the hammies cramped and I did a kind of goose step. I have what are called hyper-mobile joints, which makes it fairly easy for my joints to misalign. For the last week when I walk a hammy will lock up and knock my leg out of joint. It's pretty funny to see, I'm sure. Not so much fun to suddenly have no support on one side of your body. Sometimes they both go which throws me forward and down.

The car; the junk yard owner says it won't have to be crushed, I endoed 4 times and barreled 2, thus turning the car into tidy little cube. The money; crushed within the car. With my glasses and my favorite Michigan jogging pants. When the para-medics found me wandering down the road, I was sans pants ( note to @Shaver) and the sleeves of my jacket and shirt were ripped off. No one has a clue how I survived the crash. All I have, is a faint impression of crawling on all fours.

So I sit, about a week before Christmas, house gone, $5000.00 gone. Car gone. Christmas totally gone!

I wrote this little missive not to draw anyone's sympathy (don't you dare!). I write it because I'm happy to be alive and with my wife and little doggie. I will fight this, with the vigor that I've fought every battle in my life. I want everyone to take stock of the gifts they've already received this year, in terms of life, love and family.

Happy Holliday's everyone

Beeggs out for a while

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News