ADVERTISEMENT

Football My thoughts on Jim Harbaugh and facts vs. opinions

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
If you've been following me for a while on here, you know I like to focus on the here and now instead of looking ahead to what could possibly happen down the road in my reporting. There's a difference between reporting a fact and making an opinion.

This is my opinion on Jim Harbaugh and what could possibly happen down the road.

Could this spell the end for Jim Harbaugh? Could this be what pushes him over the edge to the NFL? Of course it could but that doesn't mean it's absolutely going to happen. My OPINION is that it could happen, we don't know that it IS going to happen, though. He hasn't told anyone of his intentions.

Opinion vs. facts is easily misconstrued but facts never lie.

As for everything we've been hearing, Jim Harbaugh is rightfully upset at the entire situation, he's an emotional guy, so it's not a shock to hear him be very upset with the entire situation. Is this enough to push him over the edge? We don't know for sure. I could state my opinion, sure, and it could end up happening, but stating an opinion that turns out to be a fact doesn't make it originally a fact, it makes me a good guesser. This is why I want to report the facts and separate opinions when necessary.

As for the NCAA investigation itself, none of the evidence links directly back to Harbaugh. That's a fact. Santa Ono and Warde Manuel are supportive of Jim Harbaugh and have his back. That is a fact.

Can there be evidence that comes out that flips it all on its head? Of course, but that's all hypothetical and opinion-based. That's not a fact.

If it feels like I am repeating myself, it's probably because I am. Until evidence comes out that suggests this thing gets flipped upside down, and I won't be holding my breath, what I've reported here is what I know. I'm not going to speculate much more than that since we don't have all the info and what we know is that there is nothing that links back to Harbaugh.

This is probably long-winded but I have been asked in many different ways whether there's something that will happen to Harbaugh before the investigation wraps up.

Until there's something that happens, I'm not expecting it to happen. What happens after the season is over is another discussion to be had then. Could he leave? Sure. Do we KNOW he will leave? Of course not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News