ADVERTISEMENT

my 2 cents...

BHWolverine

Sophomore
May 29, 2001
1) The 4th down spot was bad but noway could replay overturn it.
2) Michigan lost the game on 3rd down when they didn't tackle Samuels for a huge loss which would have forced a long fg
3) too conservative playcalling offensively just like iowa. Where is the deep pass ??
4) where was the spy on barrett?
5) michigan still needs playmakers. Where was the jet sweep to mcdoom?
6 ) the thought of penn st and Wisconsin making big ten champ game? What a joke thanks to uneven conference alignment. Mich and OSU were the two best teams and should be playing sat again

2) Michigan lost the game on 3rd down when they didn't tackle Samuels for a huge loss which would have forced a long fg
3) too conservative playcalling offensively just like iowa. Where is the deep pass ??
6 ) the thought of penn st and Wisconsin making big ten champ game? What a joke thanks to uneven conference alignment. Mich and OSU were the two best teams and should be playing sat again
In the final analysis um controlled their destiny. And you ended up losing two of three including Iowa. You were beating OSU 17-7 and lost. That's not Penn State's fault or Wisconsin's. We beat Ohio State and crushed Iowa.
Michigan is a very good team but you controlled your destiny and let it slip away.
That said I agree with you 100% about the unbalanced nature of the BIG right now. Not sure that's going to change.
Good luck in the playoffs or your bowl.

Another site said UM just didn't have the OL that was needed to win a championship.

I think that is where the focus should be on going forward. UM didn't have the personnel on the OL/rb to win a championship.

UM fans should be less concerned about new wr's and more concerned about the OL recruiting so Harbaugh and staff can rely on them toward end of games.

Harbaugh didn't want to rely on Speight who proved that he wasn't the guy on some of those passes toward the end of the season but just didn't have the necessary talent.

The biggest recruits to land going forward are guys like Ruiz and Wilson. Guys who can push the pile. It should be run first OL...guys who can pull and push and with the current TE's and some rb's who hit the hole and bounce of people will make UM a BT championship team at least on the offense side of the ball.

RM

In the final analysis um controlled their destiny. And you ended up losing two of three including Iowa. You were beating OSU 17-7 and lost. That's not Penn State's fault or Wisconsin's. We beat Ohio State and crushed Iowa.
Michigan is a very good team but you controlled your destiny and let it slip away.
That said I agree with you 100% about the unbalanced nature of the BIG right now. Not sure that's going to change.

Nobody thinks Penn State should be in the B1GCG, so I'm not sure what you think you're going to accomplish. Especially on a Michigan board after Michigan completely dismantled your team.

I am guessing the coaches weren't confident in a not fully healthy Speight throwing deep. Or they thought those type of plays would take too long and expose him to more hits. I think with a healthy Speight the game plan is obviously different.

Biggest problem is the OL, I believe. It was leaky all day and directly resulted in the disastrous pick 6.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
You are so right about that 3rd down play - we were screaming at the TV to tackle him for a big loss. Their kicker's confidence was shot and very unlikely he could have made a long FG. As for the B10 c-ship game, I agree. A very funny thread on BWI today about UM and OSU playing for 2nd place (although the majority of their threads seem to be about UM and/or harbaugh - some big time obsession there). The poster doesn't seem to understand that Sat nite's c-ship game is between the 3rd and 4th best teams (if that) playing for 3rd place. And of course i forgot - were it not for their LBs being out and the other 46 starters being hurt, they would have beaten UM. I think there might be just a bit of dementia there as they seem to forget that their offense was inept against the UM D - nothing to do with injuries. Their "young QB" had as much experience as our "young" QB going into that game. They'd still be pressed to score 10 points esp as 7 of that was a garbage TD. No matter, on Sat, we didn't make some key plays when needed although hard to argue against the one-sided officiating. I hate complaining about that though as we sound like some other B10 fan base who thinks they would have never lost a game were it not for bad officiating.

Reactions: detroitjohn
Nobody thinks Penn State should be in the B1GCG, so I'm not sure what you think you're going to accomplish. Especially on a Michigan board after Michigan completely dismantled your team.

UM lost 2 of their last three games. Is that championship caliber?

Perhaps Michigan people but Michigan has no one to blame but themselves. You were in the drivers seat and lost 2 of 3. You opened the door and we entered.
We lost one BIG game. You lost two. We beat Ohio State. That's why we deserve it.
Michigan had a very good year but came up short.
I thought the game was over when you were beating OSU 17-7.

Don't worry. The nation will still always remember 49-10

Perhaps Michigan people but Michigan has no one to blame but themselves. You were in the drivers seat and lost 2 of 3. You opened the door and we entered.
We lost one BIG game. You lost two. We beat Ohio State. That's why we deserve it.
Hate to say it but I agree with PP1. Ultimately, the IOWA game is more the dagger than the O$U game. If we beat Iowa then our argument is much stronger!

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUPride1
That is for little pharmad

Boy we got a pretty dense little lady here, don't we? Please reference the question that you want me to answer. The 49-10 drubbing of pedo state? What Joe Ped thinks about pedo state as he is burning in hell?

Boy we got a pretty dense little lady here, don't we? Please reference the question that you want me to answer. The 49-10 drubbing of pedo state? What Joe Ped thinks about pedo state as he is burning in hell?
You're mature.
I wonder if you're catholic and do you refer to the church that way or is your pathetic insults reserved for sports teams that get something you wanted.
You're nothing but a foul mouth turd.
And remember something we're all going to be judged in the end and that includes you.
This was a good discussion about football until the petulant child showed up.

The polls and the playoff committee should tell you exactly who is thought to be the better team. You can back into a championship game if you want, no one respects you.
No one backed in. You lost two BIG games. We lost one. We beat Ohio State.

Reactions: Howie'81
You're mature.
I wonder if you're catholic and do you refer to the church that way or is your pathetic insults reserved for sports teams that get something you wanted.
And remember something we're all going to be judged in the end and that includes you.

HA! If this board was run like your BWI board, you would have been banned a long time ago. That being said, don't think you can come in here and take your little cheap shots without someone feeding it back to you. You guys have always felt entitled. You thought that you would come into to this conference and rule without question. Guess what? We aren't Temple. Your 2 Rose Bowl berths should open your eyes to that. You have added very little to the conference aside from all of the whining you guys do with your conspiracy theories and your scandals. By all means, feel free to leave the conference. You won't be missed and it should help you with your win percentage.

HA! If this board was run like your BWI board, you would have been banned a long time ago. That being said, don't think you can come in here and take your little cheap shots without someone feeding it back to you. You guys have always felt entitled. You thought that you would come into to this conference and rule without question. Guess what? We aren't Temple. Your 2 Rose Bowl berths should open your eyes to that. You have added very little to the conference aside from all of the whining you guys do with your conspiracy theories and your scandals. By all means, feel free to leave the conference. You won't be missed and it should help you with your win percentage.
The way you're whining about getting robbed Saturday perhaps you should leave. You guys do plenty of trash talking too. You acted like your traditions were the only ones that had merit. Things go both ways.

You won't find me on your board professing how much better we are than you. Enjoy your consolation prize, nobody respects you... in football or otherwise.

You won't find me on your board professing how much better we are than you. Enjoy your consolation prize, nobody respects you... in football or otherwise.
Never said we were better. Said we deserved the BIG East title and we do. I could care less about who you think anyone respects. We're two guys on a message board.

You're mature.
Oh maaaaaan. you said "turd"!
I'm telllllliiiinnnnnnn!
You're in trouble now.
Can you say "banned"?
Oh wait, this isn't BWI.

You're mature.
You talk about being mature, but you're on here argueing just the same. Don't act like its anything but that.

I can't really disagree with you. UM lost the games even though they probably at a minimum should have won one of them. Yes...they were on the road but UM blew it.

That simple. What did UM accomplish in the Big Ten this year. Beat Wiscy at home. O.k. but OSU did too on the road. PSU didn't play Wiscy. I could see it now being close. PSU beat Iowa and UM didn't.

At the end of the day...you have to win the game by 1 pt or 39 pts. Wiscy has two losses but against better teams than Iowa and they are in the West.

At the end of the day what can I say...Pitt doesn't play in the Big Ten. UM lost these games because they DON'T HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP OL plus a less than stellar power running game. It is what it is. UM snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

If you don't judge teams by wins/losses then how do you judge them?

RM

Last edited:
I can't really disagree with you. UM lost the games even though they probably at a minimum won one of them. Yes...they are on the road but UM blew it.

That simple. What did UM accomplish in the Big Ten this year. Beat Wiscy at home. O.k. but OSU did too on the road. PSU didn't play Wiscy. I could see it now being close. PSU beat Iowa and UM didn't.

At the end of the day...you have to win the game by 1 pt or 39 pts. Wiscy has two losses but against better teams than Iowa and they are in the West.

At the end of the day what can I say...Pitt doesn't play in the Big Ten. UM lost these games because they DON'T HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP OL plus a less than stellar power running game. It is what it is. UM snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

If you don't judge teams by wins/losses then how do you judge them?

RM
Well said RM. Best wishes.

Dude, I understand how it happened. Yes, PSU won the division. Do you think I'm arguing that they didn't?

Does that mean I have to think they are the best team in the division? No, it doesn't. You would be hard pressed to find many people in the country who think PSU is the best team in the east, or even the 2nd best.

Can't you be happy with winning the division? Or do you also have to have people think it was deserved? Part 2 isn't happening, sorry.

Really? I thought both OSU and Michigan finished behind PSU in the East. In fact, Michigan finished 3rd and has only itself to blame. Beat freakin' Iowa, will ya? Or protect the freakin' ball against the Bucks. This isn't a flame, it's the truth. That's why Michigan isn't playing for anything. Everything was in their control and they coughed it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT