ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Michigan recruits react to the return of Jim Harbaugh

Zach Libby

Recruiting Editor
Staff
Nov 2, 2021
2023 OT Cayden Green – "That’s very cool. I’m glad he chose to stick around for another year so they can make another playoff run."

2023 DB Jyaire Hill – His return back to Michigan kinda like Travis Hunter. Everyone thinks or expects him to go to the NFL then boom he stays at Michigan."

2023 DB Kylin Jackson – "He’s a great coach that’s passionate about his program, great to see him return and give it another run!"

2023 OT Spencer Fano – "It's really cool!"

2023 APB Treyaun Webb – "It’s great for the program and recruiting."

2023 DB Kenton Kirkland – "When I met him, you can really tell how good of a coach he is. He’s very enthusiastic and full of energy. I think it’s a great look that he’s staying at Michigan."

2023 DB Jshawn Frausto-Ramos – "I love it LETSSSS GOOO. CANT WAIT!!!!! To see what Coach does this season."

2023 TE Reid Mikeska – "It’s awesome. That’s definitely something you like to see."

2024 DB Kaleb Beasley – "I think this is great for Michigan especially because they had a phenomenal season this year and they can only get better."

2024 DE Eddie Tuerk – "I think it shows his pure love for Michigan football and he will turn up money to coach Michigan football. Like the paycut he took earlier and then proceeded to win the Big Ten."

2023 K Adam Samaha – "I look forward to playing under Coach Harbaugh and the staff."

2024 LB Anthony Speca – "I’m fired up and excited to see Coach Harbaugh return after such a great season. Hopefully they can finish what they started. That would be HUGE!"

2024 LB Jeremiah Beasley – "It’s a great thing that he is returning. They just came short of a national championship under him so why not try and get over the hump."

2023 OT Miles McVay – "I think it’s great he is staying. Coach has finally gotten over the hump by beating O State and making it to the playoffs. Now with coach staying he can keep building and finish the job of winning a National Championship."

2024 DB Bryce West – "I think it was a good decision that he’s coming back because last season they made it far and he’s already developed a strong bond with Michigan and the players and I think it’s a home."

2023 OT Isaiah Robinson – "I think it's good that he's staying. Would have kinda sucked if he left because you can tell the guys really play for him and they're building something special. The 22 class looks better than the 21 class and they had some big time guys in 21 so they're gonna be near the top of the national rankings for years to come and not just the Big Ten."

2023 DT Sydir Mitchell – "I think it’s great that he’s returning. I thought I was going to have to send my film to the Vikings lol."

2023 ATH Mikal Harrison Pilot – "Its exciting to know he is coming back. I was a little nervous but it's a huge win for Wolverine nation and I can't wait to see him continue to build the program."

2023 OL T.J. McMillen – "I got the opportunity to speak to coach Harbaugh at a camp this summer. I think when you talk about Michigan football, you think coach Harbaugh. Michigan is a better place with him there."

2023 APB Khai Prean – "I think its a great thing because they were real powerful last year and I feel they can do it again."

2025 LB Weston Port – "Coach Harbaugh has done so much to bring Michigan back to being a top program. With him coming back, it keeps that momentum and energy going. As a recruit, that stability is pretty exciting and means a lot when you look at where you want to land. There’s no question that Coach Harbaugh and his staff have built something promising and special."

2024 TE Tayvion Galloway – "It’s a great thing for the program. They had a very solid season last year, and this means they won’t have to make any staff changes and I can continue to build my relationship with them! Go Blue."

2023 DE Jalen Thompson –"That’s a great thing because they have lost a few coaches and I feel that keeping the head coach will keep a few things together."

2024 DB Asaad Brown – "Great for the program to have their leader returning. Always good to have your family locked in and on the same page. They had a great season last year so that helps on keeping the momentum going into the off-season."

2023 DL Jaeden Jackson – "That's great news because I have really connected with Coach Harbaugh throughout my recruiting process and it means a lot to the recruits the program and the beloved Maize & Blue fans."

2025 EDGE Gus Ritchey – "Love it! I was extremely happy. Even more excited about Michigan...if that was possible."

2024 DB Jaylen Thompson – "I’m really glad he is coming back. Next season will be one to remember because Michigan has had great success under him as head coach."

2024 DB C.J. Heard Jr. – "When I saw that news, I was very happy. Coach Harbaugh is a coach you want to play with his great vibe to and energy is everything . This plays a big role in my recruitment .. can't wait to see what he has in store for this season #GoBlue"

2024 QB Julian Sayin – "I really like to see that because of the success he has had so far at Michigan. Very good to see as a recruit."

2024 DB Jacob Oden – "Happy he’s back! He’s a great coach."

2024 DB A'Mon Lane – "I’m super excited that he is coming back! I haven’t got the chance to meet him or talk to him yet, but I’m excited to get down there. I love the program and everything coach Harbaugh is doing at Michigan. I’m highly blessed and favored to be given an opportunity to play there. Michigan is definitely one of my top schools."

2023 DE Grant Buckey – "I think that’s awesome and it’s great for the program, he’s proven to be a great coach and do a lot of great things both in college and the NFL and had a great season this year."

2024 WR Keylen Adams – "I think its going to help out a lot with their recruiting because a lot of recruits have a good bond and relationship with him."

2023 ATH Dijon Stanley – "I feel like Jim Harbaugh coming back is going to bring Michigan back to the natty. Coach Harbaugh is such an inspirational figure and respected man on and off the field."

2025 DB Chris Ewald Jr. – "I’m glad to hear that he is back in the big house. I know he is gonna do some big things next season. I can’t wait to get up on campus this year so I can continue to build a strong relationship with Coach Clink and Coach Harbaugh."

2023 WR Jaden Greathouse – "Very exciting for the this team. They have a lot of potential."

2023 OL Paul Mubenga – "It’s great news that Jim Harbaugh is returning or Michigan next season. He has accomplished a lot for the program and brought it to the best it’s has been in a while. There is still room to improve and I believe that Jim Harbaugh is the man that can bring Michigan’s glory back."

2023 LB Caleb Herring – "I think it’s big that he’s returning especially after the season he had most recently. Michigan could possibly have another season like last season with his return."

2024 ATH Brandon Davis-Swain – "It’s great. Michigan loves Jim and he’s always treated me good on my visits. Happy to see him come back."

2023 OT Clay Wedin – "I was actually surprised that he is coming back because all the news I saw made it sound like he was leaving. I think it is great for the program because of the stability it provides for UM to continue to pursue championships."

2023 ATH Robby Washington – "Just Imagine him coming back, just think about it, winning season and coming back to Michigan."

2023 OT Samsun Okunlola – "Love that coach Harbaugh is staying with the boys at Michigan. Hope the best for them the next season."

2023 EDGE Enow Etta – "Big thing coming."

2023 OT Gabriel Arena – "To be completely honest, I’m shocked. Coach Harbaugh choosing to return shows a lot of his character and how much Michigan means to him. I, as well as everyone else, respects him more for choosing to go down this path with his career."

2023 OT Landen Hatchett – "I’m happy he’s back. I think this shows his love and loyalty to the program at Michigan. As a recruit, it is good to see a coach so invested into what they are building. I’m excited to continue building my relationship with coach Harbaugh, and see what they can do this next season!"

2025 ATH Alex Graham – "I think with Harbaugh returning to Michigan for another season, Michigan has another shot at going to the National Championship!!"

2023 LB Ethan Crisp – "It’s huge that he is staying. He has the program at a championship level and the best is yet to come. When you are at the top and winning there are always going to be other programs or the NFL after you."

2023 LB Denzel Moore – "It's great to see Coach Harbaugh back returning. Feel like this year Michigan is going to be that team that dominates like they did last year. But this year they maybe will be a championship contender, never know with Michigan."

2023 ATH Ronan Hanafin – "I was happy to hear that. I think it really speaks to the program and where it is heading."

2023 LB Siale Tuiteelagi Esera – "I was nervous when I heard he was interviewing for the Bikings, so to read the announcement that he was staying, it's got me excited. It’s a great boost of momentum for the program. He’s such a great coach."

2023 LB Dion Crawford – "They are going to own the Big Ten again no doubt."

2023 OL Sam Pendleton – "I’m really glad he decided to go back to Michigan. I hope he stays at Michigan for the rest of his coaching career."

2023 DE Jayden Wayne – "Its a good look for the program."

2024 EDGE Kavion Henderson – "I’m glad of that because he is a great coach doing big things at Michigan. So happy he stayed because as everyone knows, Michigan is one of the schools I like."

2024 DB Jaiden Spearman – "Harbaugh coming back is huge. With me being a Michigan recruit, it shows he’s committed to the university. He’s an exceptional coach and has built an exceptional program and I am happy to be building a relationship with them."

2023 OG Amir Herring – "That is good for the program. Looking forward to another successful season."

2023 DE Anthony James – "I think it’s great for the program and amazing potentially for recruiting."

2024 ATH Tavoy Feagin – “Coach Harbaugh will get them a national championship before he retires.”

2025 LB Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng – "Jim Harbaugh returning next year is great for all recruits!"

2023 EDGE Trey Wilson – "It’s a reassuring feeling knowing that he is locked in on Michigan for years to come. He’s going to continue to turn around the program and culture and they're going to continue to be a contender in my recruitment."

2023 WR Malik Elzy – "I wouldn’t want to leave this team coming up either. Michigan have some dawgs on there roster."

2024 DE T.A. Cunningham – "Coach Harbaugh is a great coach and I can appreciate him wanting to stay at Michigan for another season after coming close to a National Championship."

2023 DB Amare Snowden – "That’s great for the team and the 2022 class."

2024 ATH Jaylen Mbakwe – “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. #GoBlue”

2024 DB Antione Jackson – "I just seen that, all I say is Jim is dedicated to Michigan it don’t get no better than that."

2023 DE Hunter Osborne – "It definitely shows his character and the type of coach he is. I’m excited for him to continue his run with the wolverines can’t wait to see him"

2023 DB Christian Pierce – "Jim Harbaugh returning to Michigan after easily having the chance to a job in the NFL is a big thing. It shows that he loves Michigan and Michigan’s culture and that no amount of money can change that."

2023 DE AJ Hoffler – "Its cool to see he chose to stay on his team versus going back up to the NFL."

2023 LB Liona Lefau – "That’s amazing he’s coming back for another year. They had a good season and a great run this past year, I bet they come back stronger."

2024 WR Debron Gattling – "I’m glad he’s coming back because he’s the coach who offered me and he’s one of the best to coach college football."

2023 ATH Samuel Omosigho – Jim Harbaugh is an amazing head coach and deserves the head coach position as much as any other of the great names."

2024 ATH Zaquan Patterson – "I think it’s good, especially because he’s a former player of Michigan and he can bring that old special Michigan culture with him."

2023 DL Xzavier McLeod –" That's crazy. I heard great things about him and the way he coaches but I never met or talk to him personally. I can’t wait to meet him and sit down and get to know him."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News