ADVERTISEMENT

Let's all point and laugh at MSU basketball...why?...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
all fall they've been saying "at least basketball season is coming".

They have beaten three garbage teams, one due to spartan bob.

Pretty much dominated by three real teams looking lost, awful and overrated in the process.

I predict Izzo won't turn this around.

Meanwhile we have a lot of work to do after yesterday's embarrassment but we've looked like we have potential. If Beilein has them ready we should only lose one more game in min-conference.

I think UM is still a middle of the road Big Ten team up to 4/5. Transition year. Any team relying on Irvin to score is not a top tier team.

Sorry Zak. Still appreciate you.

RM

Reactions: wolverines74

Pretty much dominated by three real teams looking lost, awful and overrated in the process.

Meanwhile we have a lot of work to do after yesterday's embarrassment but we've looked like we have potential. If Beilein has them ready we should only lose one more game in min-conference.
I think MSU is a 7-10 seed team this year. They will get blasted again this week by Duke.

I will trade teams :).

By the way...do you think JB lasts beyond next year? From what I have seen initially from Simpson...it may be a struggle to generate points next year although UM has some scorers coming in. Not saying UM will be bad but I think JB is running out of time. It sure looks like this program is middle of the road unless these new guys can help.

I see a 3 year project and I honestly don't know if JB is going to last with Manuel. Some of these guys are going to have to start flourishing like Wagner and Teske and Watson. Matthews may be the key. The point is that JB is on the clock. It's just not good enough for this program to be on the NCAA bubble every year.

UM basketball is basically Iowa now.

RM

I would guess JB will stay a few more years. Players leaving early and injuries hurt his success at Michigan. I wonder if Warde Manuel could pull Kevin Ollie from UConn that would be something.

I think MSU will be very good. That's their ammo every year - they play a very tough schedule which ends up helping them a lot towards the later part of the season. They have talent and most of their players are freshmen who will only get better. I expect MSU likely finishes #3 in the BIG (behind Wisconsin and Indiana).

Michigan on the other hand is a middle of the pact team. I think the Top 3 are set and after that it's Maryland, Purdue, Michigan, OSU. Michigan is still soft. I love JB but he has a knack of recruiting soft big men that don't believe in weight lifting or getting stronger. I know for a fact that he can find a 2-star that is just built like brick wall but he does not want that. Until he goes out and gets some Jordan Morgan's for the team, we will continue to struggle against physical teams. The South Carolina game was incredibly tough to watch - we could not rebound and Zak Irvin is terrible.

The rule of thumb for Michigan is - if we are hitting 30%+ of our 3's we will win, otherwise we will get blown out. I expect JB has another 2 years left after this season.

They'd be undefeated if they played who we have played! We can't live off of 'What's a mater Un.' Got to beat some tough guys at home and on the road. Have Texas and UCLA coming up. I see us as a 7th/8th place BT team. and a fingers crossed to get into the NCAA's. GBGB"74

I could see UM as high as fourth and as low as ninth. Still hard to say. They will be favored or near toss up status in each of their first four games. Could go 1-3 as easily as 4-0 if you ask me. Will set the tone for the season. Need a good start.

Regarding MSU, northeastern lost at home to LIU Brooklyn and at Cornell, Stonybrook, and Harvard.

Just don't understand , truly , why MSU is this bad! Izzo had this team all last year except for the freshmen. Why R they so out of joint? "74

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT