ADVERTISEMENT

ITF HOOPS EXTRA: The Latest On Ignas Brazdeikis

ChrisBalas

Austin Powers, Goldmember
Jul 6, 2001
Dexter, MI
www.thewolverine.com
Michigan continues to recruit Mono, Ont. (Canada) Orangeville Prep's Ignas "Iggy" Brazdeikis ... only now it's as much for 2017 as 2018. Brazdeikis was averaging 22.4 points, shooting 50.4 percent from the floor and 30 percent from long range, though four NIKE EYBL sessions, and he put up 12, 19, 10 and 21 over Memorial Day weekend.

"I feel like I've gotten a lot better over the year," Brazdeikis said a few weeks back. "I feel like last year I learned about the pace and physicality of the game. This year I got a lot more muscle and I feel like I can dominate."

He was thinking about waiting until end of summer to pare his list, but now he's got something else to consider - a 2017 option to replace D.J. Wilson (NBA) at U-M.

"That's kind of what they're telling me," he said today, noting U-M was pushing it 'very much so.' "I'm not sure [if it's a possibility], honestly," he said.

He will likely visit either way this summer.

"I need to talk to my parents about it, as as well as my coaches, but if I didn't come for another visit this summer for 2017 I would visit for 2018, most likely," he said.

The 6-8, 220-pounder would be a top 35 player if he played in the U.S., Rivals.com's Eric Bossi said. He's a four-star prospect also considering Pitt, Vanderbilt and many others with an expanding list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News