ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: Scoop On Thomas Fidone, Louis Hansen

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Michigan is making its push for two Top 100 tight end recruits.

UM head coach Jim Harbaugh, tight ends coach Sherrone Moore and the rest of the coaching staff all got on the phone with four-star Council Bluffs (Iowa) Lew Central prospect Thomas Fidone.

The Wolverines are making it a complete team effort in regards to Fidone, and yesterday's call made a huge impression on him. On top of that, Moore, perhaps the best recruiter on staff, has been absolutely relentless in his recruitment. Moore has literally spoken to Fidone every single day during the dead period.

“I talk to Coach Moore all of the time," Fidone said. "He probably hits me up more than anyone. I talk to him all the time, and I've met him in person. He's really cool. I like him a lot.”

There is a lot of Nebraska influence in this recruitment, and Fidone doesn't live too far away from campus. Iowa is also heavily involved here. I have reason to believe those are the two biggest threats in this recruitment.

With that said, I feel better and better about where Michigan stands with Fidone every week. The staff is doing an unbelievable job and so is Rivals100 quarterback commit JJ McCarthy, who has developed a close bond with the talented pass catcher.

Today, Harbaugh and Moore jumped on the line with fellow Rivals100 tight end Louis Hansen.

I spoke briefly with Hansen and his father, and they loved their time on the phone with the UM staff. They really sold the family on the business school — Hansen is a top student in the classroom — and culture fit.

This call was special because Hansen's mother had the opportunity to talk with Harbaugh. And it's safe to say he won her over.

"I got to talk to Harbaugh with my mom," Hansen said. "My mom loves him. My dad loves him. It was really awesome to talk to him about the future."

I have my FutureCast pick in for Michigan with Hansen, and I feel really confident in that pick. Schools like Boston College, Colorado, Michigan State and Florida have been pushing.

Overall, Michigan is looking to take two at the position, and Hansen and Fidone would be quite the duo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.