ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Insider Notes On 2022 Rivals250 LB Joshua Burnham

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** I'll have my thoughts on Josh as a prospect after I finish my weekend run through Michigan. But I did want to share some nuggets on his recruitment. Josh is a very quiet kid by nature. He doesn't like the limelight (notice he didn't retweet my videos of him) and would much rather have the focus on his team. Burnham would like to make an early decision but doesn't want a distraction from him season. He is looking to commit after his junior season comes to an end. Burnham may take some visits, but overall, I don't expect this one to go too long.

*** I have my FutureCast pick in for Michigan and still feel confident about where the Wolverines stand. Burnham grew up in a family full of Michigan fans, and he feels comfortable with the program. Burnham visited Michigan last fall and has been in constant contact with the staff — even before Sept. 1. U-M linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary and area recruiter Sherrone Moore are arguably two of the best recruiters on staff and are leading this recruitment. That tag team should pay dividends for the Wolverines, especially when you consider the fact that defensive coordinator Don Brown will chip in as well.

*** Michigan is going all in on Burnham. He is one of the top overall targets on the board for next cycle. There is a reason that I made it a point to come up to Traverse City to see him. In fact, Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has been heavily involved here as well. Harbaugh actually called Burnham yesterday (Friday) before the game and told him he was going to watch the live stream of the contest. That meant a lot to Burnham and really moved the needle with him. Penn State, Stanford, Wisconsin and others have been heavily involved, but Harbaugh and co. are in a position to add another talented defensive piece in the 2022 class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News