ADVERTISEMENT

I'll go ahead and ask the question. Why do higher ranked

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
guys seem to not be overly attracted to the JB system. Just seems like with all the success of UM recently that guys like Coleman and Davis would be knocking down the door to UM.

I know there is plenty of competition but seems like guys are hesistant to pull the trigger..especially in a guard oriented system.

Strange. Seems like 2nd tier guys love UM. Is it that JB is completely focused on team chemistry and fitting within the team first culture or is it he not a great sales guy.

I guess if guys like Dawkins and Robinson pan out..then great. I know JB got McGary and Stauskas but it really seems like its under the radar guys like Burke, LeVert and others who are the foundation of any recruiting class.

Reality Man

That is a good question because if I had a son in high school that had significant potential in basketball it would be a no-brainer to play for Beilein. Beilein has proven to be a great developer of talent, just look at the last few years. Stauskas was a decent recruit but the Dukes and Kentuckys of the wouldn't give him the time of day and after two years under Beilein he ends up a top 10 pick.....a similar thing could be said for Burke and Hardaway. Beilein just isn't as sexy as Calipari, Coach K or some of the other coaches....even Izzo gets more publicity/attention then Beilein. That being said, I think Beilein is fantastic and I'm glad he's our coach......can't think of another coach I would trade him for in the college ranks.

I'll try. JB wants to 'teach' and these HIGH flyers ( 5*)

think they know it more than the coach and can get away with their own 1 on 1 in preparation for the NBA. JB wants humble kids with good total backgrounds , not just on the court. I see many top kids want out as soon as the can to go Pro. JB , again, wants to help them grow as much as he can. The Program helps them see their strengths and weaknesses. "74

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT