ADVERTISEMENT

I can't tell who is going to be good based on some practice highlights and

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
recent high school film. That being said :)...

Chatman: I think the guy reminds me of Sam Perkins in style. Yes..they were both black and lefties. That being said..neither one of them were high flyers but just smart and efficient/technical types of players. No wasted motion.

MAAR, Dawkins, Wilson, Donnal. Can't tell.

Doyle. I like this guy. He is old school blue collar Big Ten caliber. He knows what he is supposed to do at center. He isn't Brad Sellers. He goes down low to do the dirty work. He is the first guy who actually doesn't look like a JB type of player. I guess I could say the same thing about McGary but you get the point.

It looks like Walton can make Reality Man eat crow. Love it. I don't think like some people that Walton is a NBA caliber player..not at all. 4 year guy which is great. I hope Walton makes RM apologize to him on the board. Get it done.

Irvin. Looks huge...too big? Is he taking muscle supplements. How does a guy get that stinking big that fast? He is like the Ben Johnson of UM basketball.

To my main point. From what I see...I think this team is heading strangely in a different direction than these past UM teams. You had GR3 & Stauskas and THJ. UM version of showtime.

I see a team/program being methodical and Big Ten tougher down low. I think UM has finally got some size and won't be able to keep Doyle off the floor. He looks bigger/stronger than Donnal. He is efficient down low and and will get some touches.

I don't see any GR3 type guys. Maybe Dawkins but probably too soon. I see Doyle and Chatman and a blue collar type in Donnal. Tech efficient guys. I don't see Irvin as anything more than a mid to long range scorer. 1/2 court guy principally.

Walton and LeVert. Guys who breakdown defenses. I see a totally different type of team. A half court grind out offensively balanced team. Sort of a version of those old MSU cleaves type teams. Tougher and smart.

Thoughts?

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT