ADVERTISEMENT

I see the Spartans still can't come close to filling their stadium.

And yet, they keep winning.
Ummmm....they win because they have a very good team that is very well coached. Top 5 team the last couple of years, 11+ wins and the freaking idiots that supposedly are Sparty Nation can't fill the "tool shed". Sparty is in the 2nd Golden Era wrt the football program and they can sell the shithole out. It rained a bit but temps were a mild 60 degrees...I'm sure the AD is a bit disappointed. Spoke with a couple of Sparties this week that came down to A2 to tailgate and check out our game day atmosphere...all in all they had a good time, were treated well and came away impressed other than the cost of parking and our PSL's.

MSU game a sellout just like UM. Have you not noticed empty seats at the Big House? Even the media has commented on this. Many students today are just not into sports as perhaps us older folk.

MSU game a sellout just like UM. Have you not noticed empty seats at the Big House? Even the media has commented on this. Many students today are just not into sports as perhaps us older folk.
The students all move down towards the field...they want to be close to the action/cameras, lol. They don't sit in their seats...it's been that way for awhile...our student season ticket numbers were around 3,000 higher than last year...I think during the best years they were around 21,000 students.

I've read numerous articles on this that have been posted on here, The Fort and other blogs...no denying that it's become a problem. Huge HD TV's, refreshment/beverages and potty breaks in the comfort of your home vs. $$$$$$$ at the college venuses. (Ticket prices, PSL's, parking, concessions, drunk fans, crappy weather, no definite start time....anywhere from 12-8 pm, Thurs.-Sat.) That being said...Sparty has a lot of fair-weather fans though they've finally got a football program and they're doing very well.

That's the point. They are winning and yet their trash fan base still won't show up to the games.

It's ironic, no?
Whatever man. It was the student section. Have you noticed the student sections across the country (including um's) lately? Pretty much the same. Hell, the kids that do go to the games spend half their time looking at their cell phones.

Reactions: goblufever
Sparty is a top 5 program with only about 75,000 seats to fill and can't come close to doing it.

If I was a Sparty fan I would be pissed.

Whatever man. It was the student section. Have you noticed the student sections across the country (including um's) lately? Pretty much the same. Hell, the kids that do go to the games spend half their time looking at their cell phones.
It was way, way more than the student section that was empty Saturday. Pretty damn pathetic no matter how you try to spin it.

It was way, way more than the student section that was empty Saturday. Pretty damn pathetic no matter how you try to spin it.
No, it was the student section. The rest of the stadium was full. BTW, the student section extends to the upper deck of Spartan Stadium, if that's what you're talking about.

No, it was the student section. The rest of the stadium was full. BTW, the student section extends to the upper deck of Spartan Stadium, if that's what you're talking about.
I guess there aren't enough "tools" to fill the ol' "toolshed"...maybe they all went to Art Van and bought more couches...

I guess by a liter of Coke, get a free ticket is in order to fill the stadium... What a novel idea.

Nice to see Pharm D here again..

So many bad predictions regarding MSU and their demise... A list of Pharm D greatest hits would be fantastic.

MSU wins... UM talks about the past... Or the future...
Certainly not the present..

Who cares whether or not the students show up in the rain ? Isn't winning the point...?

Nice to see Pharm D here again..

So many bad predictions regarding MSU and their demise... A list of Pharm D greatest hits would be fantastic.

I believe it was just over 2 years ago when Pharm made his great "MSU is the most overrated team in the country" and predicted a big UM win (MSU was ranked #22 and had just entered the ranking for the first time that year the week before the UM/MSU game). MSU didn't lose again all year and finished #3. They haven't been out of the top 25 since (and mostly in the top 10 during that time).

I believe it was just over 2 years ago when Pharm made his great "MSU is the most overrated team in the country" and predicted a big UM win (MSU was ranked #22 and had just entered the ranking for the first time that year the week before the UM/MSU game). MSU didn't lose again all year and finished #3. They haven't been out of the top 25 since (and mostly in the top 10 during that time).
And with all that, they can't come close to filling their own stadium? As per the topic of this thread, that's just pathetic, no matter how you spin it.

It's been going on for years. spartina's want nothing more in life than for UM fans to "respect" them yet they don't even respect themselves or their own team. It's always been a pathetic fanbase. The only fans who attend sparty games are long-time ticket holders. The rest (the ones you see tromping around Sav-A-Lot wearing their sparty shirts) are bandwagoners who don't attend games. They just bought a shirt in 2010 & call themselves a fan. They jumped aboard the sparty wagon because it's a popular thing to do. They'll be gone & jump onto the next 'hot' wagon in a heartbeat when sparty goes on a decline. Seen it before. We'll see it again.

I posted a few weeks ago an "Over - Under" for attendance prior to their Homecoming game when they were ranked #2 in the country. I think I set it at like 56,000. Turns out that it was way less than that who actually showed up & then about 20,000 who stayed after halftime. On Freaking Homecoming! Haa! Even Mike D'an Toni' was pissed & commented about it afterward. Pathetic!

Go Blue!

And with all that, they can't come close to filling their own stadium? As per the topic of this thread, that's just pathetic, no matter how you spin it.

Your obsession with MSU is getting the better of you. Do care as much about how many Michigan fans attend your games or what Tee shirts they buy?

Your obsession with MSU is getting the better of you. Do care as much about how many Michigan fans attend your games or what Tee shirts they buy?
Haa! My Obsession with MSU?!? Really? Pot, meet Kettle. This is a Michigan board, right? I don't visit the sparty board to troll like many of you do here all day every day.

Go Blue!

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
This year, I believe the fires were in Ann Arbor. Or did you not see that in the news?
I saw that on the news. Lotta spartys in town that day. I also saw in the news that there were couch fires in E. Landfill that night too. Go read up. I think it was MLive.

Haa! My Obsession with MSU?!? Really? Pot, meet Kettle. This is a Michigan board, right? I don't visit the sparty board to troll like many of you do here all day every day.

Go Blue!

I don't think the MSU fans care about what you think or want to have your 'respect'.
They're trolling because they have the better team, again.

I don't think the MSU fans care about what you think or want to have your 'respect'.
They're trolling because they have the better team, again.
So you admit that you're an obsessed troll who spends your day on a Michigan board? But yet you don't care what Michigan fans think nor are you looking for 'respect'? Haa!

Go Blue!

Reactions: blue-boy
So you admit that you're an obsessed troll who spends your day on a Michigan board? But yet you don't care what Michigan fans think nor are you looking for 'respect'? Haa!

Go Blue!
It is just hilarious, isnt' it? All these Sparitinas trolling on a Michigan message board about how "obsessed" we are with them! I guess they just can't shake their obvious inferiority complex no matter how much they win ... in these occasional spurts. Sort of "cute" in it's own way.

Reactions: blue-boy
It is just hilarious, isnt' it? All these Sparitinas trolling on a Michigan message board about how "obsessed" we are with them! I guess they just can't shake their obvious inferiority complex no matter how much they win ... in these occasional spurts. Sort of "cute" in it's own way.
Yeah, I get a kick out of the little fellas coming here. Their undying obsession is hilarious! If nothing else, they provide good entertainment. But you gotta give them a little bit of a break though, their own board is an empty cavern just like their stadium. Nice fanbase. Haa!

BTW, SJB, I wish you still had the pic of the hotty on the beach with the shear top. That was solid viewing pleasure. Did the mods make you remove it?

Go Blue!

Last edited:
It's been going on for years. spartina's want nothing more in life than for UM fans to "respect" them yet they don't even respect themselves or their own team. It's always been a pathetic fanbase. The only fans who attend sparty games are long-time ticket holders. The rest (the ones you see tromping around Sav-A-Lot wearing their sparty shirts) are bandwagoners who don't attend games. They just bought a shirt in 2010 & call themselves a fan. They jumped aboard the sparty wagon because it's a popular thing to do. They'll be gone & jump onto the next 'hot' wagon in a heartbeat when sparty goes on a decline. Seen it before. We'll see it again.

I posted a few weeks ago an "Over - Under" for attendance prior to their Homecoming game when they were ranked #2 in the country. I think I set it at like 56,000. Turns out that it was way less than that who actually showed up & then about 20,000 who stayed after halftime. On Freaking Homecoming! Haa! Even Mike D'an Toni' was pissed & commented about it afterward. Pathetic!

Go Blue!
MSU has been top 20 nationally in attendance for 40+ years. Lot of mediocre in those 40 years.

You guys really need to find a better topic about MSU to bitch about.

The fact that UM is 70 miles closer to the major metropolitan area in Michigan than MSU I'm sure has nothing to with the attendance numbers. Hell, what other football team do those down river folks have to root for, the Lions?

MSU has been top 20 nationally in attendance for 40+ years. Lot of mediocre in those 40 years.

You guys really need to find a better topic about MSU to bitch about.

The fact that UM is 70 miles closer to the major metropolitan area in Michigan than MSU I'm sure has nothing to with the attendance numbers. Hell, what other football team do those down river folks have to root for, the Lions?
Not bitching at all. I think it's hilarious. Respect is earned & it starts with respecting yourself first.

Go Blue!

Go Blue!
Not trolling dude, just trying to help you out. You didn't seem to understand that CFB attendance is down almost everywhere so i provided a link to an article. There are more if you didn't like that one.
You're also getting jerked around a bit by some MSU fans, so i tried expaining it to you. They come here to goad you because they know you react to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT