ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh Thoughts . . .

LosAngelesWolverine

Michigan Man
Jan 9, 2002
I’ve resigned myself to the fact that Jim only knows how to win a certain way - power running, some timely play action, and defense.

But . . . I’m also more optimistic than ever that maybe, finally, he can get that done here.

For whatever reason, this running game feels different. We have that home run back (Corum) we’ve been lacking for so long. But we also have a true punisher in Haskins, and then a great third option in Edwards. Easily the best backfield JH has had here IMO (I guess the main competition would be Evans, Higdon and Isaac, so . . . ). Hart’s coaching feels like it’s made an immediate difference.

The OL feels different, too. They’re getting a great push.

I love the defensive scheme and energy. We’re probably a few key players short of having the talent to be elite. But add Will Johnson, Myles Pollard and (hopefully) Domani Jackson, and we’re there.

And then it just comes down to QB. As great as the Stanford running game was, Jim had Andrew Luck. What can Cade do when we need some big throws? That’s the question this year. The question next year is who starts? Watching JJ, it’s very easy to imagine him winning the job. But we’ll see.

We’re about to find out what this team is made of, that’s for sure. Hopefully ND will wear down Wisconsin quite a bit for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News